This review is well overdue by a year and apologies are forthcoming. We stayed in February 2013.
Amazing view, basic rooms and simple breakfast in the morning, but you don't mind when you have such a sumptious view. There is a swimming pool which has been recently installed, it's lovely (albeit baking in the sun). There is a lovely bar just down the road where you should definitely catch a sunset (Paradise Bar). Altogether, a great 2-3 days stopping station or Komodo Island etc. We had chosen this place over the new 4 star hotels which were offering amazing deals and we didn't regret it one bit!
As a sidenote, we left a cuddly mascot in the bedroom. It's been travelling with us for a few years and whilst it might seem silly, we were devastated when we realised we had left it in the room. The Dutch ladies who run the Golo went well out of their way to reunite us. They sent someone to the airport with it but couldn't get through immigration (as we had just gone through). It was then after we had emailed, they sent it in a box to our new hotel and would't accept any more money for it. A small token, but a very welcome one and indicative of the great service of this place. THANKS!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golo Hilltop Hotel & Restaurant Flores, is a modest hotel, located in Labuan Bajo, a city at the tip of Flores Island in Indonesia. Labuan Bajo is a base to explore the surrounding islands for the world class diving, wildlife viewing and for some of the least crowded beaches and tiny islands and of course the infamous Komodo and Rinca.Golo Hilltop is a small Boutique Style hotel run by two Dutch women and presents a pleasant family atmosphere. It is situated on top of a hill about 1 km from the city centre, this makes it a quiet and relaxing place but everything is still on walk-able distance. This hotel is a haven for nature lover and adventurous and is away from the town area. The bungalows are spacey, bright and clean. Each bungalow has its own balcony providing nice views of the ocean and a daily sunset. It provides comfortable stay with a variety of guest’s rooms - deluxe, superior and standard rooms. With all these services, this hotel provides a perfect camp to 'explore' Labuan Bajo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Golo Hilltop Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golo Hilltop Hotel And Restaurant
- Golo Hilltop Hotel & Restaurant Labuan Bajo, Flores, Indonesia