“Best food we have eaten for ages!”

The White Horse Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Thruxton B&B and Inns
Southampton
“Best food we have eaten for ages!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

So delighted to have discovered this gem of a restaurant! Everything about it is a pleasure; the welcoming staff, the ambiance but best of all Aussie Chef Norelle's delicious cuisine. It is rare that we score food 5/5. If you want to read more of our experience go to Ladies who Lunch in Hampshire, we gave The White Horse a Gold Award last December, very well deserved.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LunchingLady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I popped in here for a quick bar supper and both ordered steak pie. We both thought it was one of the best we have ever had, absolutely packed with meat and absolutely delicious.
If we are being picky we would have liked a little bit of veg on the side, but I guess we could have ordered it separately.

We also shared the chilli squid as a first course which was also delicious

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
norellechef, Manager at The White Horse Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for your comments about our pies. They are very popular and we are glad you enjoyed them. Norelle and the Team
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Have eaten here on numerous occasions. The Christmas dinner was fantastic. My family and I were very warmly welcomed shown to our table and given a lovely glass of champagne. The food was excellent and so much of it! The waiting staff so polite they couldn't do enough for us.
Absolutely fantastic Christmas dinner.
Well worth another visit soon.
Many thanks to Norelle and staff.
Keith, Karen and family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kaz_piper
Hi Keith,
Many thanks for your comments. We will no doubt see you again soon.
Berkshire
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed a family get together on Sunday 8th December. Very welcoming bar area with fire and comfy sofas to sit and enjoy a drink and a relax before eating. Adults had the Roast Beef and Roast lamb lunch, granddaughter the fish and chips. The roast dinners were superb, beautifully cooked meat, fantastic roast potatoes and vegetables - really good sized portions too. There was a selection of bread and butter on the table along with a bottle of tap water - a nice touch! Granddaughter enjoyed her fish and chips. Puddings were a delight, homemade with HUGE selection of ice creams to suit all tastes! Service was attentive - all in all highly recommended!

Room Tip: Didn't stay over, so cannot comment on the rooms!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cigala
Joel W, Manager at The White Horse Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Your comments are very much appreciated and we are glad that you had such a great time. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here on a business trip. The traditional low beams and solid fuel fire set the ambience from the start. Then there's the food. I had the T bone steak which is usually quite difficult to find in most restaurants which was absolutely fantastic. For breakfast, they will cook whatever you want (within reason). Don't let it proximity to the A303 put you off, there was very little traffic noise, although we did have a room at the other end of the building. Staff brilliant, nothing too much trouble. Wouldn't hesitate staying here again if I'm in the area

Room Tip: room away from the A303
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again
Hampshire
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have eaten at here on numerous occasions and it never fails to impress. It has improved even more in the last few months, not sure if this is due to new management but the service is friendlier- the food just as good. You cant go wrong. If I ever have "out of town" guests I will always take them here to save the embarrassment of a bad meal. I know they will deliver every time. great wholesome pub food at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
norellechef, Manager at The White Horse Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Your comments are very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Wells Uk
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I know very little about The White Horse Inn which sounds like a poor point to start from when writing a review ! What I can say, however, is that today was my third visit whilst travelling between Sussex and Somerset, a trip I take four or five times a year. It appears to be a family run business and the attention and service I received was very good. I was also very impressed to see that when another customer arrived with dietary problems the staff quickly brought the chef out to discuss his issues with him and give advice which ended with the chef slightly amending one of her dishes to suit the customers needs. All of this for someone who, like me, was not eating in their lovely restaurant section but just having a "bar meal". Turning to my own lunch I am delighted to say that I enjoyed a beautifully prepared and presented meal of Belly Pork that met the consistently high standard that I had experienced on my previous two visits. I will continue to make this charming venue my chosen port of call when I am passing their way.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PeteRustington
Thank you for your review and your continued support Pete. Hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thruxton
The Star & Garter
Norton Park - A QHotel
Norton Park - A QHotel
#1 of 1 in Sutton Scotney
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,074 reviews

Been to The White Horse Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!