The menu was exciting; skate & caper butter, pork belly, fish & chips, smoked paprika & aubergine risotto, chicken & leek pie ... and more.
What we ate was good, but not great. Fish beautiful but batter soft, risotto fairly tasty but no flavour of paprika or aubergine etc. The most disappointing thing, after a long drive, was that at 1 pm one bank holiday Monday, much of the menus was sold out. You could tell someone had tried hard but it was all rather a disappointment.
Plus points were a lovely, very old pub, extremely easy to get to from a303, helpful staff who were patient with our frustrations and the feeling that somewhere, someone was patio ate about the menu even if it didn't really deliver. Chocolate fondant was a winner though and our kids enjoyed the garden.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently refurbished we offer a personal home from home retreat for business people, tourists and the local community. Each of our rooms are ensuite and are styled to reflect our desire to make your stay as comfortable and personal as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The White Horse Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Horse Inn And Restaurant
- The White Horse Inn & Restaurant Hotel Thruxton
- The White Horse Inn & Restaurant Thruxton, Hampshire