We stayed for 2 days at the Telunas Beach resort and had an absolutely wonderful time. The experience started with our interactions with our host, Mike, for reservations. He was extremely helpful and was able to give us personalized attention to ensure everything was smooth and trouble-free. Getting there involved a 2-hour boat ride meandering between the Riau islands which was really great. Eric our host at the resort along with all the other staff was amazing and always available for anything we might need. The setting of the resort is wonderful with something for everyone - for us a lot of privacy, quiet and peace. Food was good and accomodation was very comfortable and clean. We visited in a group of seven (three couples and a friend) and all of us had a great time.
The resort is situated on stilts on the water and you can even look down at the ocean through the rafters from your cottage. It is very picturesque. There is a pier that leads to the resort from the beach and ends in a jetty which is a great place for an impromtu dive into the ocean! The resort is situated in a cove and so has very calm and clear waters just great for a swim or to laze around. We played volleyball, went snorkeling to see the coral reefs, took their canoe for a ride and even had a bon-fire organized for us. Some of the group went off on a half-day hiking tour of the island.
It is difficult for me to find anything bad to say about the place - I think the folks at Telunas have gone to great effort to make sure everything is in order for a great vacation. Possibly the only thing I can think of is that the pull-cord on our fan in our room was loose and would come off when we wanted to switch it on or off.
The great thing about the place is that it is still unspoilt by hordes of tourists and I certainly hope it remains so! Overall, I would rate Telunas very highly and we had one of our best vacations ever and would and have recommended it to most everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1.5 Hrs from Batam (3+ from Singapore) but a world away, Telunas Resorts has two distinct properties to serve guests seeking rest, relaxation, and fun. Telunas Beach Resort provides "rustic elegance" (i.E., Cozy bed-and-breakfast) while Telunas Private Island provides "simple luxury" (i.E., Comfortable private resort). Built entirely above the water, enjoy Telunas' stunning sea and jungle views and let sea breezes and lapping water ease you to sleep. Facilities: Private Island - 15 sea villas, grand lodge (dining, lounge, etc.); Beach Resort - 10 private chalets, 4 deluxe rooms, 1 multi-family suite, 5 dorms, meeting room, lounge, dining room, private beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Telunas Beach Hotel Sugi Island
- Telunas Beach Hotel Batam
- Telunas Beach Batam
- Telunas Beach Resort Indonesia/Sugi Island, Riau Islands