We had booked The Pavilions for the last day of our Tassie soujourn and as a celebration for my birthday. The staff, the service, the environment was without fault. The Pavillions are without doubt par excellence as they have just about thought of everything. The bath with a view over the river is the perfect place to unwind after a day in the gallery and surrounds. The scenerey is so perfect and soothing. Arrival to a complimentary bottle of sparkling sets the mood for a quiet drink on the balcony overlooking the river and just soaking it all up! As the restaurant is closed Sunday evenings it left us with the choice of a degustation lunch, which didn't appeal as we wanted to spend as much time in the gallery as possible, therefore a light lunch at the winery, which was terrific, left us with the decision of room service. Based on the selection which we checked out prior to arrival, we thought this a fitting way to spend the birthday evening. This was a great disappointment, the main course ended up in the bin! The sides and dessert lovely. A bit of a dampener on a perfect day and evening. We finished off our stay with breakfast at The Source the next morning and although nice, it wasn't noteworthy, overcooked eggs. All this said, we would return, the gallery amazing, the grounds superb, but only heightened by the attentive staff and the sublime environment. A great addition and either start or finish to you Tassie journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MONA Pavilions. The eight MONA pavilions overlook the Derwent River and feature artwork from the MONA collection. Four are named for architects who have influenced Australia's architectural landscape: Roy (Grounds), Robin (Boyd), Esmond (Dorney) and Walter (Burley Griffin). The original four pavilions: Arthur (Boyd), Brett (Whiteley), Charles (Blackman) and Sidney (Nolan), have been completely refurbished. All have access to the heated infinity lap pool, sauna and gymnasium. Mona - the gallery and all site facilities are closed on Tuesdays. The Pavilions are open with breakfast still served and in room food and beverage option available for house guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mona Pavilions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mona Pavilions Hotel Berriedale
- Mona Pavilions Berriedale, Tasmania, Australia