Is this a hotel or a selection of self-contained pavilions? Either way that view and setting is just OUT OF CONTROL good.
We stayed in the Sidney room that features original art work from Sidney Nolan. The rooms are well put together and the view... From the sunken bath you can sit and watch the boats float by for hours. The Aesop products are delicious.
If you took the view away the rooms are OK for what you are paying. Spacious and well put together but the view makes it and it seems well priced for what you get. The throw on the lounge is good I'm trying to buy one.
Included in the price of the room is free wine tours, wine & beer tasting. Walks around the MONA guided (on Tuesdays) and breakfast in the source restaurant. Take advantage of all of these extra treats as they are well worth it.
Words of advice- hardly anything is open on Tuesday in Hobart, the onsite restaurant is closed Sunday - Wednesday but they do offer room service. We had the room service on the Monday, the meal was staged and was utterly delicious. The breakfast at the Source was brilliant and the view is exceptional over a coffee and cooked breakfast.
The staff are attentive and really helped organise our stay, great work team MONA.
There are a few niggles in the hotel- the entertainment system is great but the remote has to be attached to work as the rechargeable batteries have died. There is no moisturiser in the bathroom, you have to ask separately for it at reception so make sure you do. They have amazing baths but no bubble bath products to go in it- we mentioned this at reception and they said they were looking into products, that’s great but they should have something now to use as the bath is huge and needs using.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MONA Pavilions. The eight MONA pavilions overlook the Derwent River and feature artwork from the MONA collection. Four are named for architects who have influenced Australia's architectural landscape: Roy (Grounds), Robin (Boyd), Esmond (Dorney) and Walter (Burley Griffin). The original four pavilions: Arthur (Boyd), Brett (Whiteley), Charles (Blackman) and Sidney (Nolan), have been completely refurbished. All have access to the heated infinity lap pool, sauna and gymnasium. Mona - the gallery and all site facilities are closed on Tuesdays. The Pavilions are open with breakfast still served and in room food and beverage option available for house guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mona Pavilions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mona Pavilions Hotel Berriedale
- Mona Pavilions Berriedale, Tasmania, Australia