“Motel 6 - the better fix”

Motel 6 Spokane East
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Bonney Lake, Washington
“Motel 6 - the better fix”
Reviewed 14 October 2010

This is one of the better Motel 6 we've stayed at. Personel are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and they always give us a room (at our request) on the ground floor and close to an exit so we can walk our dogs. Plus there is night security in the parking lot. It must be a good place because the parking lot is generally full.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bstnresq

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Belvidere, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I know the Motel 6 notion is to keep prices low, but I have stayed at other Motel 6 rooms that are the same price and are more pleasant. This one had cigarette burns on the tub, the room had a funky smell. The hallway carpet was very worn.
I wish the Motel 6 chains would provide free Wifi. They charge $3. Most lower-priced motels give free Wi-fi. If you use Motel 6 chains, remember: no shampoo, no alarm clock radios, and no wi-fi is included. I paid around $64 with tax.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank peggymalone

Travellers are raving about these Spokane Valley hotels

Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed 12 August 2010

After the Coeur d'Alene debacle 2 weeks before we skipped their Motel 6 and pushed into the Spokane area and gave this one a shot. We were greeted with a smile by Tequila (yes, that's her name). Even though she was assisting someone, she gave us the cards to fill out while she was finishing with them. She assured us they were better than one in Idaho. They are. The motel could use a little improvement, but it passed for a one night stay. I'm glad we were able to park out back or we would have to go by all the smoking rooms to get to our non-smoking room. I did walk through the halls a time or 2 by the smoking rooms. Smoke odor wasn't too bad, but it was noticeable. The rooms are your standard Motel 6 rooms so don't expect too much. I noticed a place or two that could have been cleaned a little better, but if you're staying only one night like we were, it should pass. I've seen a lot worse, for only one night.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Rainier72
Vancouver BC
Reviewed 5 June 2010

I was traveling with 2 other family members and originally were going to stay at the Super 8 which was nearby. We saw the Motel 6 price advertised on the sign for $39.99 for one person so that caught our eye. We ended up paying not much more than that for the one night.

The room itself was a little on a small side for 2 beds, but it included a fridge and microwave, which we paid a few dollars more for. Totally worth it in my opinion! You could get wireless internet for a fee of $3 for a 24hr period.

The area was not the greatest and we saw people standing out on the grass next to one of the ground floor windows. People were having a discussion with items lying on the grass. We noticed it was strange considering it was late at night. Otherwise everything else was fine.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
south florida
Reviewed 22 April 2010

Clean and comfy. I'm not very picky, I paid $56 with tax for 2 beds. The beds are nice and firm, the room was clean with a desk, tv, table, etc. Good location right off the highway. Good value. WIFI is an extra $3 per day per pc (they give you an access card).

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 30 March 2010

To start, the bathroom was EXCEEDINGLY dirty. I'm talking even the walls! The worst part was when I was alone in my room waiting for my husband to return, and when I heard the room key in the door to my surprise the man who walked through was NOT my husband!!! The front desk had erroneously checked us out of our room and given the key to someone else!! I don't need to tell you all of the potential what-if's here, do I?? I will NEVER stay here again. Ever.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pnkn1031
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Checked in here very late for one night. Couldn't go wrong for $49. Girl at front desk was a bit tired and annoyed that I bothered her at 3 am, and I can understand that, so I will let that one pass. Room was as basic as you get, but clean. But what would you expect for $49? If I was passing through Spokane again late at night and saw this place, I would stop again...

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends