“A pleasant surprise and great value”

Quality Inn Valley Suites
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“A pleasant surprise and great value”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had originally planned on staying at the Holiday Inn two blocks away but it was booked out for the night. They suggested the Quality Inn and we are glad they did.
It was clean, quiet and the staff were friendly and courteous.
The rooms were spacious and came equipped with a microwave and fridge.
Each night they put out complimentary milk and cookies in the lobby and each morning they have an excellent complimentary breakfast.
My 16 year old daughter and 13 year old son enjoyed the pool (although a little strong on the chlorine) along with the cookies and free wifi :)
Good room rates, centrally located and 1 min off the I-90.
We enjoyed it so much we stayed two more nights on the way back from our trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am so happy you have enjoyed your stays with us! Our breakfast is one of the many great amenities we offer and continues to please. Your business is greatly appreciated and we look forward to impressing you in the future.

Jeff Fiman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Los Angeles, California, USA
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed three nights at this property at the end of August helping our son get set up for his first year at Gonzaga Univ., about seven miles west on I-90. This location is further east than the school, but worth the few minutes' extra driving for its amenities and value: a full, quality hot and cold complimentary breakfast buffet each morning from 6am-10am, and a complimentary "happy hour" most of the week's evenings from 5-7pm (weekends excluded), serving wine, beer and a simple hot dish such as nachos or brauts.

The area is quiet and just off I-90, and parking is ample. On advance request, management will provide a sleeper sofa in your suite if needed for a third bed (although I was told it is not very comfortable to sleep on; I was the lucky one who did not have to endure it, and the beds are quite comfy).

Rates are dramatically lower if you book directly with the property, compared to the best rates I found on booking search engines - that was a deciding factor for me to book here.

Other notable amenities: a comfortable game room off the well-appointed lobby with two pool tables and air hockey. The game room was not continuously monopolized by noisy kids as you might expect, though they did appear from time to time, but seemed to grow bored and move on quickly. Also, a current computer and color printer are stationed at the side of the lobby with plenty of paper available, and their use is limited to those 21 and over, a very wise policy. A well-maintained indoor pool and spa downstairs, friendly and cooperative staff, professionally managed, all make this a pleasant place to stay.

I only have two serious criticisms, which could be dealbreakers for some. On first entering our room, there was a strong, disagreeable smell of disinfectant. One member of our party said it smelled like cigarette smoke, or an attempt to conceal it. We told the front desk and asked if we could see another room, and they were cooperative. But when we opened the door to the other room on the opposite side of the property, it smelled the same. We decided to stay in the first assigned room and air it out. But the odor lingered throughout our three-day stay. The other annoyance was the flat-screen TV in the room, because the display, even when turned to full brightness, was very, very dim. I assume this was probably just the set in our room, and was not a problem in every room. But if all the flat-screens were the same make/model and were purchased at the same time, they could be wearing out and dimming at similar rates.

If those two issues were resolved, I'd give this property 4.5 or better out of five stars, and have zero complaints. But they could be deal breakers for some guests. With those caveats in mind, I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your detailed and honest review of our hotel. It is reviews like yours that truly help us identify what we need to improve on in order to continue to exceed each and every guests expectations. If you could contact me so that we can further investigate the smell of the room and the dim t.v. screen we would really appreciate it so that these matters can be corrected immediately. We hope to see you again soon so that we can earn the 5 out of 5 rating! Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Halkirk, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

My family of 5 stayed here for 3 nights. We got a great deal on our room and we're very happy with it. It was very spacious and fit our family perfectly. There was a great breakfast every morning(always quite busy) as well as cookies and milk in the evenings. The room was starting to show its age and I did notice a bit of mold on the bathroom ceiling. The cleaning staff could have been a bit more thorough but I suppose they were just being respectful in not touching or belongings. Overall we enjoyed our stay and will be back next time we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2013
Hello there! We appreciate both the positive comments you've made, and the honest remarks about your impressions of our hotel. Our goal is to always exceed expectations and comments like your's keep us informed on what improvements are most important to our guests. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Booked ajoining rooms for our vacation. We were on the bottom floor which had sliding patio doors, very handy for us getting to the pool. It was very quiet, clean and the fridge & microwave came in very handy.
Great complimentary breakfast and the evening cookies and milk are a nice treat before bed.
Convenient location, easy access to the interstate. A Safeway and a RiteAid in the lot across the street.
Great stay, great value.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 1st floor facing the inside of the complex are very quiet. The patio doors make it...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Many of our guests really love the location and convenience of our first floor courtyard rooms. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay a 5/5! We look forward to impressing you during your next stay with us!

Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We arrived into Spokane later in the evening without knowing where to stay. This was a wandering vacation and part of the fun was trying new cities, new locations. We tried 3 other hotels and I won't go into those gory details but we landed here at the Quality Inn. I'm happy to report that this was meant to be - an absolutely perfect stay for the family.

We were given a 2 queen bed room and it was very spacious - definitely larger than I expected and with it's own sitting area beside the beds. The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. The room had a small kitchenette type area with a microwave, refrigerator, bar sink & coffee maker. The room was very clean, modern, and best of all comfortable. This was a definite find and I wish we were to stay in the area longer than the 2 days / 1 night. The hotel staff were extremely friendly, the room rates reasonable and even though it was a bit of a maze to find the way around, the experience overall was good. I should mention that the desk clerk went above and beyond as he printed out from Google maps the best way to get to our sightseeing activities the next day. I didn't ask -- all I did was mention where we were headed and he took the initiative to get me the information.

The breakfast was nice and they have an "egg service" which we didn't discover until after breakfast. They will cook your eggs however you like and bring them out to you. I saw many families take them up and had scrambled, sunnyside up, over easy, etc. The breakfast area is spacious and comfortable. The foods were waffles with fruit toppings & syrup, muffins, pastries, sausages, hash brown, biscuits & gravy, yogurt, boiled eggs, cereals, juice, and a very good coffee. Nice complementary breakfast and we certainly had our fill.

This was a great find and the only real nit is that the wifi was just horrible. I've become accustomed to this in my travels so it no longer bothers me like it used to.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Wow! Thank you very much for your great and detailed review of our property! From the hotel staff to the breakfast we are always looking for ways to go above and beyond our guests expectations. I am very happy to hear that we were a pleasant surprise! I also wanted to let you know that we are investigating the wifi connection. Thank you for bringing that to our attention! Have a wonderful day and thank you for staying with us.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Thanks to the other reviews, we chose this hotel instead of the Oxford. I was surprised to pay that little and have that nice a hotel. The layout of the hotel was at first confusing but once you realize it is "U" shaped, it was easier to navigate. The courtyard was beautiful and the staff service was excellent. Rooms were spacious, clean, quiet and the breakfast was great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy you were willing to give us a try based on the other reviews. I agree that our hotel is a little different with the U-shaped layout, but I am very glad that you were able to navigate the hotel easily. We look forward to seeing you again!

Spokane
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is the second time we have used this facility. Both times we had excellent service. We choose to go during the week so we could try the appys and refreshments. The person serving us was very attentive and the food hit the spot before we headed out for more shopping.

Room Tip: A rooms facing the inside court area are great.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for your review of our property!

I am so glad you were able to stay during the week and take advantage of our Manager's Reception that runs Monday-ThursdayTh 5pm to 7pm. Please be sure to come and visit us again when you are in Spokane. We promise to deliver another great stay!