“Not a horrible experience, but there are better”

Quality Inn Valley Suites
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Walla Walla, WA
“Not a horrible experience, but there are better”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife is in a wheelchair, and was very happy to find that the bed was low enough for her to transfer over by herself. That's rare in hotels these days.

However, the bed wasn't terribly comfortable and the room was pretty dated and dingy. The service was fine, but all we did was check in. Didn't try the breakfast options.

Spokane Valley is a good area and it's not too far from downtown Spokane, so the location was good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts on your recent stay with us. In regards to updating I am happy to report that we will be newly renovated very soon and have an all new look. Again thank you for your response and I hope we can be your hotel of choice in the future.

Jeff Fiman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel is conveniently located next to the 90 freeway and is surprisingly quiet. Even on the weekend! The staff is very accommodating and friendly. Truly great to deal with!! The Mon - Thurs evening social was good with hot dogs, brats and fixings as well as wine and beer. The wine was boxed and not the best but hey...I am not complaining about that.
Breakfast is Very well done with cooked to order eggs and for the first time that I have seen in my many stays at hotels, cinnamon raising English muffins. A huge favorite of mien!!
What got this hotel a less than stellar review is the condition of the common areas and rooms. I found them to be clean and fresh ( my housekeeping person, Annie, was awesome!!) they are out dated and in serious need of updating. The carpet in my room was stained and the furniture in the common areas is older. The bed was quite comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you so much for all the kind compliments of the the Quality Inn Valley Suites Team, the amenities, breakfast and our pillow top mattresses. We enjoy providing excellent accommodations & service and most importantly making our guests feel special. We want you to know how much we enjoy servicing you with a warm greeting and providing you with a good night's sleep!

Republic
Reviewed 20 May 2014

To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. I enjoy most of Choice Hotels and also know they have private owners so at times some can have less quality than others. Not this one. From the second I walked in I felt a fine hotel like quality in the way we were treated. In fact the room was large and comfortable with a sitting area and a flat screen and bar-like/coffee, fridge, microwave area. The bathroom was large enough (at least I could move around in it). It was impeccably clean. The beds were really comfortable-not an ache at all in the morning. Anything I needed was attended to immediately. Their breakfasts were wonderful and in fact had made to order REAL eggs and hash browns and sausage. In the evenings there were snacks which could equate to meals and free beer and wine. And chocolate chip cookies and milk every night!The hot tub was being painted for one day that we were there but thankfully we were there for 2 more nights. The workout room was good enough for being on the road and working off the evening snack. And there is a lovely woman named Lynda who gives massage there and if your budget is small she will do it by the minute, and she is really good!
The employees are also what made this experience wonderful. I wish I could remember all of them. This young man Sam who worked in the breakfast room actually remembered from one day to the next what I had had to drink the day before. (Could my son do that?) The front desk guys who I had most of my conversations with were Mike and Will and they went out of their way to help me. I think it was Mike who helped me when my in room fridge froze my avocados.
I went away from this Quality Inn feeling special and somewhat pampered and tended to. The last time I left a hotel that way was when I paid a lot more money. I highly recommend this particular Quality Inn. The owner Cal Clausen obviously has a lot to do with how this "Inn" runs so if he is not the owner when you go I can only speak to how this Inn works with him as the owner. OH- it is by the freeway but you cannot hear a peep once in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your kind comments. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests receive excellent service and hospitality. Our mission statement is "Creating Quality Memories" and it appears that we have made you feel at home and the memories will keep you coming back! We look forward to your next visit!

West Henrietta, New York
Reviewed 18 May 2014

..We recently stayed in a couple of other Choice Inns in other states, that had been built from the ground up during the past 24 months and received a rating of 5 from us. So while it's probably not fair, we felt that this facility was at least a half of a notch less exciting for the price, which was comparable. Like us it is completely satisfactory, but beginning to age a little!!
..No complaints: the location, parking, access, security, condition, cleanliness, mattress, pillows, bedding, cable tv, internet access, air conditioning, fridge, shower, laundry, indoor pool, hot tub, lobby, staff attitudes, and 'continental breakfast' all met or exceeded our expectations.
..The desk clerk, when asked for directions to the Northern Quest casino, without hesitation, provided us with a google map and 'trip-tik' to ensure that we would find it successfully!!!
..We would agree with BC_Snowflake that the hot tub entry might be tricky for some of the older patrons. Cookie at the desk after 7pm.
..We'd sure welcome a chance to return someday!!!

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms (a level below the lobby) give easy access to the pool and fitness center.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Pasco, Washington
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I stay here for work on a regular basis. Everyone remembers my name.....Mike always remembers what rooms I like to stay in and Bill always gets me anything I need in particular I needed tabs for work and he found something that would work for a presentation that I had that day. I stay at a lot of hotels and these guys really go above and beyond to make my stay very enjoyable. It's my home away from home!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
I would like to thank you for your glowing review! Mike and Will are a great asset to our hotel. Our mission is to impress guests. We are glad that you have chosen us as your home away from home.

Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Was clean ,
friendly ,
good location
daughter loved she could see the swimming pool from the Balcony
Awesome swimming pool was in the building and not out side
Swimming pool smelt like a high chlorine
Will be staying there all the time we are in town

Room Tip: besides a blocked entrance way one day all was good.... great location . in fact we just rebooked fo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
I would like to thank you for your review. I am happy to hear your daughter enjoyed our pool area. We are looking forward to seeing you in the future!

Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is my first stay at this hotel and would consider staying again. Nice updated room, comfortable bed and great breakfast. The pool was not too cold, but the hot tub is hard to enter and exit if you are elderly or have physical limitations. Flat screen tv with a lot of channels. The heater combo A/C was quiet. Close to a mini mall and not far from the Spokane Valley Mall. The only downside for me, was even though it is a non-smoking hotel, I could smell stale smoke for a few minutes after entering the room and because I booked through Expedia, I wasn't able to collect any points. Great staff. Nice hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are more than happy to make traveling for our guests a positive and fun experience, each and every time they visit us. We look forward to impressing you in the near future.