“The extras make it special”

Quality Inn Valley Suites
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Everett, Washington
“The extras make it special”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stay at Choice Hotels (the name of the parent company) more than forty times a year. The extras at this hotel set it apart from nearly all of them.

When we checked in they handed us a goody bag. I don't know if we happened to be there on a special day or they always do it, but we felt very welcome.

Next to the check in desk is a game room with pool tables.

The breakfast was very complete, which is typical of the chain, but at this hotel a person stood by to cook eggs and hashbrowns to order. When I told her that the hashbrowns didn't look like they came from a freezer she said that's right, they make them fresh right there. They were really good.

I left something behind in our room so called them the next day. They said they had found it and would mail it to me at their expense. I was delighted.

Beyond that, the rooms were large, clean, and well-equipped. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The hotel is right next to I-90 with easy access for travelers from both east and west. (Watch out for the tricky one-way streets between the freeway and hotel. They are confusing.)

Across the street from the hotel is a small mall with grocery store, hardware store, restaurant, and various small shops.

From now on, this hotel will be our first choice in the Spokane area.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the freeway are quite close to it so could be noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your detailed review of our property!

We are very proud of our guest rooms and the amenities they offer. Your review represents so many of the things that are important in a hotel: great product, great service, and a convenient location. The property is great, but it is the staff that make or break a stay at any hotel. I am so glad you found every single employee to be so friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Jeff Fiman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 5 June 2014

When I went to the desk to register, the clerk called me by name and said, "Welcome Back.: I had only stayed there once and it was two months ago, but he remembered me! I was impressed with the personal attention that indicated. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, the breakfast delicious, the pool and exercise room outstanding. I probably won't stay anyplace else in Spokane.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests receive excellent service and hospitality. Our mission statement is "Creating Quality Memories" and it appears that we have made you feel at home and the memories will keep you coming back! We look forward to your next visit!

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been staying here at least twice a week for almost a year. My home is in Lewiston (about 2 hrs. south) but my office is in Spokane. Every time I walk in, I am greeted with a smile, a handshake, and a "welcome back Doug!" from the night staff, and they always have my reservation ready. The morning breakfast is always wonderful with a wide variety of items along with "eggs to order". But the thing that makes the mornings so enjoyable is, Will at the front desk, who always takes time to have a laugh or share a story about his life or listen to mine, and Laurie, who works in hospitality, who always greets me with a smile and a hug like I'm family. I always look forward to coming back each week because the atmosphere here is more comfortable than any hotel I have ever stayed at - even among the guests- they are so friendly and interact with each other like none I've ever seen. Again, Thank You to the whole crew for making my stays so enjoyable!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. We here at the Quality Inn Valley Suites aim to "Impress Our Guests"! We are committed to making our guests feel as though they are family by treating them as such & acknowledging them by name when they return to our humble "home away from home". Thank you so much for your continued patronage to the Quality Inn Valley Suites.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was running late and checked in late to find I had been upgraded to a better room, THANK YOU CHOICE PRIVILEGES, got a room with a jacuzzing tub and was a 2 room suite, with a balcony overlooking a courtyard and could see the pool and fountain as well.
A surprise was there was a Blacklight mounted on the wall, when turn on, the ceiling in that room is covered in stars, NICE TOUCH...
This hotel location has won choice awards a number of years running, has a nice layout with multiple secured entries from the parking lot.
Location is close to store if you need supplies too!
The bed could have been better, it was decent but not over the top comfy like many places I typically stay, not uncomfortable, but a bit too firm for me.

Room was clean, comfy, and was a different floor plan than I was used to, but it was a nice change. Breakfast in the morning was good, had a bit of issue keeping it stocked due to the busy holiday weekend.

Check in/Check out was good, even though Check-in had a minor issue with my card, and they refused to take it, so I had to use a different card, which was frustrating after 9 hours on the road.

I will keep this on my list of places to stay in the area! Put in better beds this would be a 5 star to me!

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are nice without looking out onto parking areas.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KJ9000
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your upgrade into one of our Jacuzzi tub suites. We are very fortunate in that almost everything we recommend is within five to ten minutes, or even just across the street. Our well trained and knowledgeable front desk staff is always willing to go the extra mile, to make sure our guests are accommodated the entire duration to their stay. Glad you enjoyed the black light! Thank you for your response and please make us aware if there is anything else we can do in exceeding your expectations.

Best Regards
Grand Forks
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Friendly staff, nice rooms! Have stayed before - nice to see breakfast room expanded. Big room with lots of space. Pool was small but nice. Convenient location. Could use some fresh fruit instead of fruit cocktail on breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Some have had more recent reno's than others. Not sure which ones but ours on the 4th floor was...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We here at the Quality Inn Valley Suites strive to Impress guests! We do expand our breakfast room to make it more convenient for our guests on those busy weekends! Once again we thank you for your review and are looking forward to your next visit.

Waitsburg, Washington
Reviewed 30 May 2014

You have a very nice motel. It was just the right location for our visit. We had to schedule a last minute trip and were very lucky to get a good room. We appreciate your assistance. Being close to the freeway made it easy for us because we are not familiar with Spokane.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel! I am so happy you have enjoyed your stay with us! Your business is greatly appreciated and we look forward to impressing you in the future.

Walla Walla, WA
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife is in a wheelchair, and was very happy to find that the bed was low enough for her to transfer over by herself. That's rare in hotels these days.

However, the bed wasn't terribly comfortable and the room was pretty dated and dingy. The service was fine, but all we did was check in. Didn't try the breakfast options.

Spokane Valley is a good area and it's not too far from downtown Spokane, so the location was good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts on your recent stay with us. In regards to updating I am happy to report that we will be newly renovated very soon and have an all new look. Again thank you for your response and I hope we can be your hotel of choice in the future.