“Well Pleased” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Pahrump, Nevada
“Well Pleased”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was hesitant, but when we walked in it was up to date. Nice lobby, pool hot tub, games room. The room itself was very clean and I had a Lovey note from housecleaning. Those gals never get enough credit. I always leave a tip for them. The bed was comfy. Very nice stay. I'll be back

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank You for your review of the Quality Inn Valley Suites. We take pride in Impressing Guests. We have an amazing housekeeping staff. Thank you again for your review.

Best Regards,
Jeff Fiman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Pendleton, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My room was clean, well-appointed and modern. The reception on the LG flat screen TV was OK, but kind of fuzzy. There was lots of drawer space, which would be a plus if one were to stay for an extended period of time. It had a fridge, microwave, second sink, coffee maker, hair dryer and iron with ironing board. The bed was reasonably comfortable. It was quiet, which made for good sleeping. The Continental Breakfast was one of the better ones I have had at Hotels. $111/night was more than I had wanted to spend. This was a lot more than what I recently spent on another nearby Quality Inn 2 weeks ago, but this was a nicer place. And, this place is comparably priced to other establishments in the immediate area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are more than happy to make traveling for our guests a positive and fun experience, each and every time they visit us. We look forward to impressing you in the near future.

Best Regards,
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was really torn on how to review this property. Although it's clearly an older hotel and not super fancy, the common areas are really nice and they offer great service and nice extras. I totally get why it's so well rated but unfortunately for us our room didn't live up to the rest of our experience. When you walk into the hotel you are greeted by a very nice lobby, there is a tasteful fountain and when you look up there are beautiful paintings on the ceiling. The best thing about the hotel has to be the food! There is the usual buffet assortment of make your own waffles, biscuits and gravy etc. but they will also fry you eggs to order and make you hash browns too! They also have really tasty coffee. On weekdays they also do a free reception in the afternoon with one hot food choice which is more than a snack but a little less than a full dinner. One night they served smokies, the next it was baked potatoes and its' free! They also had an incredible selection of free beer that I really appreciated but my wife was a little disappointed that they didn't have red wine 2 nights in a row, still did I mention it's free?

Another factor that makes this property stand out from the rest is that they have a games room with a couple of pool tables and air hockey ($1.25 to play either one). My wife and kids and I had a blast having our drinks and playing pool all evening, it really made the hotel stand out. There is also a nice indoor pool and hot tub with an adjoining outdoor patio area if the sun is shining.

The other thing I really liked about this property were the staff, particularly the breakfast and reception staff and the house keepers. One morning it was raining so we spent a good couple of hours in the pool, when we came back to our room we discovered that they were in the middle of cleaning it so we headed back to the pool for a while. Well the house keeper actually came down to the pool area to find us and let us know she was done with our room!

So why after all the positives only 3 stars? Our two queen room had really uncomfortable beds! My wife and I both noticed it and even my kids commented on it. Our room was a little dated but nice enough otherwise but the beds really made an impact on our stay. I'm told that there's a huge renovation coming with all new beds so this shouldn't be an issue and I think they have nicer room available with pillow top beds so you may want to check that when making your reservation. If the beds had been comfier I would have given this 4 or maybe even 5 stars. As it is I would prefer to give it 3.5 but that's not an option...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pillow top beds.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BlackberryBoy
Thank you for your detailed and honest review of our hotel. It is reviews like yours that truly help us identify what we need to improve on in order to continue to exceed each and every guest’s expectations. As you know where will be going through a renovation. We do have amazing amenities to offer our guests I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy them and our wonderful staff.

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We reserved 2 adjoining rooms months ago. When we arrived we found we were booked on the main floor in wheel chair accessible rooms - not adjoining. The bathrooms smelled awful and we politely requested to either move or have them cleaned again. We left for a little while and upon our return when questioning the clerk if it had been taken care of, she was snippy and not polite at all. As we entered our room it smelled liked they sprayed something in the bathroom to masked the smell for a while but it didn't solve the problem. Next time we're in Spokane we will find another place to stay.

Room Tip: There are better choices in the Spokane Valley. We've stayed at other hotels in the area with b...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I just want you to know this is not at all the standard service our guests receive and would like you to please contact me directly so we can discuss how to make this right for you. Again thank you for writing your review and I look forward to hearing from you.

Palm Desert, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Older hotel, very large with elevator in the middle of the loooooonnng wings. We rec'd a quiet room on the 4th floor - room was large, with sitting area and large HDTV. We had dinner across the freeway at Denny's and noticed a beautiful Super 8 in the same parking lot. Take a look at that one.

Room Tip: It's a long walk to the elevator. We used stairs, more convenient.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Despite what the title of your review states, we strive to do more than just meet our guests needs. Nothing short of an excellent stay is what we are after and I would like you to please contact me directly, so we can find out how we could have created an excellent stay for you. Again thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Everett, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stay at Choice Hotels (the name of the parent company) more than forty times a year. The extras at this hotel set it apart from nearly all of them.

When we checked in they handed us a goody bag. I don't know if we happened to be there on a special day or they always do it, but we felt very welcome.

Next to the check in desk is a game room with pool tables.

The breakfast was very complete, which is typical of the chain, but at this hotel a person stood by to cook eggs and hashbrowns to order. When I told her that the hashbrowns didn't look like they came from a freezer she said that's right, they make them fresh right there. They were really good.

I left something behind in our room so called them the next day. They said they had found it and would mail it to me at their expense. I was delighted.

Beyond that, the rooms were large, clean, and well-equipped. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The hotel is right next to I-90 with easy access for travelers from both east and west. (Watch out for the tricky one-way streets between the freeway and hotel. They are confusing.)

Across the street from the hotel is a small mall with grocery store, hardware store, restaurant, and various small shops.

From now on, this hotel will be our first choice in the Spokane area.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the freeway are quite close to it so could be noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your detailed review of our property!

We are very proud of our guest rooms and the amenities they offer. Your review represents so many of the things that are important in a hotel: great product, great service, and a convenient location. The property is great, but it is the staff that make or break a stay at any hotel. I am so glad you found every single employee to be so friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Best regards,
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

When I went to the desk to register, the clerk called me by name and said, "Welcome Back.: I had only stayed there once and it was two months ago, but he remembered me! I was impressed with the personal attention that indicated. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, the breakfast delicious, the pool and exercise room outstanding. I probably won't stay anyplace else in Spokane.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests receive excellent service and hospitality. Our mission statement is "Creating Quality Memories" and it appears that we have made you feel at home and the memories will keep you coming back! We look forward to your next visit!

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spokane Valley
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 13 in Spokane Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Spokane Valley
My Place Hotel - Spokane / Spokane Valley, WA
Baymont Inn & Suites Spokane Valley
Baymont Inn & Suites Spokane Val...
#11 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Oxford Suites Spokane Valley
Oxford Suites Spokane Valley
#3 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Hampton Inn Spokane
Hampton Inn Spokane
#1 of 46 in Spokane

Been to Quality Inn Valley Suites? Share your experiences!