“Not good”

Quality Inn Valley Suites
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
“Not good”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We were travling in the States for a few days and checked in this Inn a late night for its outstanding reviews online.

When we got in the room ,started showering, we founded out the water was only warmer than cold. ok~ we finished showering in a speedy pace anyway. The toliet was dirty with obvious stain. Next thing we noticed in the midnight was the alarm clock was not working.

We thought it would be great to let them aware of those things , but the lady at the frontdesk sounded like this was not a big deal.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sandy K
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2014

Jeff Fiman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Calgary
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is located just off the freeway with easy access off and back on. Our suite was clean, comfortable and included a Jacuzzi. After a long day on a motorcycle a good soak is wonderful. We had an excellent night's sleep and enjoyed our delicious freshly cooked breakfast on our balcony overlooking the garden/ fountain. Would highly recommend this hotel! The staff was very friendly and helpful, allowing us to park the motorcycle right beside the front door! We were impressed by the plate of cookies in the front lobby to welcome travellers!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are more than happy to make traveling for our guests a positive and fun experience, each and every time they visit us. We look forward to impressing you in the near future.

Pahrump, Nevada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was hesitant, but when we walked in it was up to date. Nice lobby, pool hot tub, games room. The room itself was very clean and I had a Lovey note from housecleaning. Those gals never get enough credit. I always leave a tip for them. The bed was comfy. Very nice stay. I'll be back

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank You for your review of the Quality Inn Valley Suites. We take pride in Impressing Guests. We have an amazing housekeeping staff. Thank you again for your review.

Pendleton, Oregon
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My room was clean, well-appointed and modern. The reception on the LG flat screen TV was OK, but kind of fuzzy. There was lots of drawer space, which would be a plus if one were to stay for an extended period of time. It had a fridge, microwave, second sink, coffee maker, hair dryer and iron with ironing board. The bed was reasonably comfortable. It was quiet, which made for good sleeping. The Continental Breakfast was one of the better ones I have had at Hotels. $111/night was more than I had wanted to spend. This was a lot more than what I recently spent on another nearby Quality Inn 2 weeks ago, but this was a nicer place. And, this place is comparably priced to other establishments in the immediate area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2014

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was really torn on how to review this property. Although it's clearly an older hotel and not super fancy, the common areas are really nice and they offer great service and nice extras. I totally get why it's so well rated but unfortunately for us our room didn't live up to the rest of our experience. When you walk into the hotel you are greeted by a very nice lobby, there is a tasteful fountain and when you look up there are beautiful paintings on the ceiling. The best thing about the hotel has to be the food! There is the usual buffet assortment of make your own waffles, biscuits and gravy etc. but they will also fry you eggs to order and make you hash browns too! They also have really tasty coffee. On weekdays they also do a free reception in the afternoon with one hot food choice which is more than a snack but a little less than a full dinner. One night they served smokies, the next it was baked potatoes and its' free! They also had an incredible selection of free beer that I really appreciated but my wife was a little disappointed that they didn't have red wine 2 nights in a row, still did I mention it's free?

Another factor that makes this property stand out from the rest is that they have a games room with a couple of pool tables and air hockey ($1.25 to play either one). My wife and kids and I had a blast having our drinks and playing pool all evening, it really made the hotel stand out. There is also a nice indoor pool and hot tub with an adjoining outdoor patio area if the sun is shining.

The other thing I really liked about this property were the staff, particularly the breakfast and reception staff and the house keepers. One morning it was raining so we spent a good couple of hours in the pool, when we came back to our room we discovered that they were in the middle of cleaning it so we headed back to the pool for a while. Well the house keeper actually came down to the pool area to find us and let us know she was done with our room!

So why after all the positives only 3 stars? Our two queen room had really uncomfortable beds! My wife and I both noticed it and even my kids commented on it. Our room was a little dated but nice enough otherwise but the beds really made an impact on our stay. I'm told that there's a huge renovation coming with all new beds so this shouldn't be an issue and I think they have nicer room available with pillow top beds so you may want to check that when making your reservation. If the beds had been comfier I would have given this 4 or maybe even 5 stars. As it is I would prefer to give it 3.5 but that's not an option...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pillow top beds.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BlackberryBoy
Thank you for your detailed and honest review of our hotel. It is reviews like yours that truly help us identify what we need to improve on in order to continue to exceed each and every guest’s expectations. As you know where will be going through a renovation. We do have amazing amenities to offer our guests I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy them and our wonderful staff.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We reserved 2 adjoining rooms months ago. When we arrived we found we were booked on the main floor in wheel chair accessible rooms - not adjoining. The bathrooms smelled awful and we politely requested to either move or have them cleaned again. We left for a little while and upon our return when questioning the clerk if it had been taken care of, she was snippy and not polite at all. As we entered our room it smelled liked they sprayed something in the bathroom to masked the smell for a while but it didn't solve the problem. Next time we're in Spokane we will find another place to stay.

Room Tip: There are better choices in the Spokane Valley. We've stayed at other hotels in the area with b...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I just want you to know this is not at all the standard service our guests receive and would like you to please contact me directly so we can discuss how to make this right for you. Again thank you for writing your review and I look forward to hearing from you.

Palm Desert, CA
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Older hotel, very large with elevator in the middle of the loooooonnng wings. We rec'd a quiet room on the 4th floor - room was large, with sitting area and large HDTV. We had dinner across the freeway at Denny's and noticed a beautiful Super 8 in the same parking lot. Take a look at that one.

Room Tip: It's a long walk to the elevator. We used stairs, more convenient.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
JeffFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Despite what the title of your review states, we strive to do more than just meet our guests needs. Nothing short of an excellent stay is what we are after and I would like you to please contact me directly, so we can find out how we could have created an excellent stay for you. Again thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.