“Super 8 Motel Spokane, Wa”

Super 8 Spokane Valley
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Portland, Oregon
“Super 8 Motel Spokane, Wa”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stopped in without reservation and got the last room last week. Paid $70+ for one person. Location is pretty good for freeway access to I90. Looked to be in an okay part of town security-wise. Parking was a problem, but the hotel was full. The room was fine with fridge/microwave, comfortable bed and felt clean. Hallways were surprisingly worn and less than confidence inspiring. Breakfast was not what was promised but okay by me. Pretty standard with biscuits/gravy, fruit and waffles. Staff was capable, not overly accommodating. I had a good stay, no complaints.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Super8GuestResponse, Manager at Super 8 Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back in Spokane soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Tennessee
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this motel for 5 nights the last week of July. I was in town to visit my son. I really can not understand what some of the negative reviews are about. Yes, it is a cheaper motel. If you want a 5 star, then go to a 5 star!!!! If you want a fancy breakfast, then for the love of God please go to a 5 star restaurant, and stop expecting a Super 8 to be one, and stop whining about it!

Everyone here was extremely professional, very nice and accomodating. The room was nice and clean, and I have worked in housekeeping at several motels in my younger day, so I really look at that kind of thing. The temperature outside was over 90 every day I was there, but my room was at a steady 69 because the AC worked just fine.

I was in room 347 at the end of the hall away from ice machines, coke machines, elevators, and such. It was pretty quiet, except for your normal, self absorbed people, that seem to think it is ok to stand in the hallway and yell at kids or just be inconsiderate.

I was told right off, that the floor I was on had smoking rooms, but my room was non smoking, so if the smell in the hallway bothered me, they could move me. It was 2am and I really didnt care as long as the room was non smoking. I did not notice that the hallway was unbearable or anything either.

I did notice that the housekeeping staff works long hours, and they are working hard. There was a tree down from a thunderstorm in the parking lot, and she actually was going to pull it out of the way if she could, so that people could drive through unobstructed. This is pretty above and beyond for housekeeping. Sure this place is older, and it may be a little outdated with the furniture and carpet, but I felt it to be clean, and thats what I care about.
I purposely walked around barefoot to see what all the fuss was about, and my feet were not dirty from walking on the carpet. And yes, OMG THERE WAS A TUBE TV IN THE ROOM AND IT WORKED!!! Seriously people, how spoiled have we become that we are going to whine about a working TV that it is not a flat screen??? Like I said, maybe you need to go stay at the Hilton or something.

It is not soundproof, but I always think ahead and bring earplugs because people can be idiots in motels, and scream down a hallway at 6am and think that is ok. You are probably reading this right now, because I am sure you wrote one of the negative reviews. I really appreciated that. There was a family with 5 kids that had better manners than some of the people with out of the country license plates. I won't call you out, but you know who you are.

The Denny's was very convenient and they were all really great people also.
My only gripe would be that the pool was too cold to even get in, and the chlorine smell was, as someone else said pretty overpowering. It was clean though.

As for the truck parking, yes there were a lot of trucks parked there, but I sure did not hear but one or two idling, and I could NOT hear it from my room. And my room was right next to them. It was pretty quiet the whole time I was there except for a few loud people, but that is not a fault of the motel.

Obviously, some of you here have expectations that are beyond what Super 8 is all about. As for me, it was clean, and it was affordable so that I could see my son and grandchild.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank getmeout27
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Needs updating. Noisy. Wi-Fi was not working initially--was spoke to condescendingly when I tried to explain that the password was not working. Finally was told that they would fix the router when they had time. No extra toilet paper in room (for the price of the room you'd think they could afford it even if we took the extra roll with us!). Remote control had no back, so batteries kept falling out. No vent in bathroom. Only 2 small pillows on each bed. Usually, for similarly priced motels, they provide extra pillows and blankets. While waiting in lobby to sign out of the computer room (since Wi-Fi not up in rooms yet and their business computer room had a separate router), I heard 3 calls come in for broken AC (was 90 degrees outside). Also, with only 2 adults waiting for check-in, heard the staff lie to someone on the phone ("There's 6 people in the lobby needing help, so you'll have to wait"). Wonder if he had problems counting (or maybe he was including the 4 children with one of the adults). Would not stay here again. They are overcharging by, at least, $20 a night and I'm being generous.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Spokane Valley hotels

Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We wanted cheap, we got that. But you get what you pay for. Room smelled funny. There was a urine odor coming from the air conditioner. Decor is not pretty, but what do you expect for under $50 per night. I still expect itto be clean. First day was cleaned nicely while we were out. Next day, so so- tub not cleaned, coffee pot left dirty and no new cups left. Third day no service at all. Front desk said her notes showed we had our do not disturb sign on. Nope. Sure didnt. Lesson learned. Good news, NO BEDBUGS.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed three nights and had reserved an over size room which had a hide a bed . The room itself was very clean, had all the amenities and everything worked. the corridors, particularly the ground floor could use more frequent carpet cleaning and/or replacement. We found the corridors a bit cluttered with pop and ice machines.
The front desk and service staff were very friendly and personable.
The hotel is located just off the freeway and noise was not an issue as we were on the opposite side of the building.
Overall very good value and would stay again.

Room Tip: The suites are big and spacious and on the corners. Rooms facing the freeway may have noise issues.