“Very nice folks!”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Spokane, Washington
“Very nice folks!”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I have been a customer of this establishment for many years off and on. They have a;ways treated me with the upmost courtesy. All the hotel employees are extremely polite including the maid service. It appears to me that the customer comes first! Rare in this day and age. Three employees stand out to me, address me by name and are extremely personable, Lauren, Jesslyn and Carolyn. I wish to give all the employees of this establishment an "atta boy", job well done. I will continue staying here well into the future.

Room Tip: Ground floor room with outside access.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Craig F
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Thank you Craig F for your awesome review! I will certainly pass along the Kudos to Lauren, Jesslyne and Carolyn, they are a great group of ladies, and an "Atta Boy" to the rest of the team!

Thank you for being a part of our family over the years, and we certainly appreciate your loyalty to us.

Safe travels to you and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Chelan, Washington
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Nice place to stay in the Valley. Good little pool and hot tub. Nice, clean rooms.
Enjoyable Lobby with fireplace and "Penny" the golden retriever is a hoot! Great service and continental breakfast. Hotel is located just off I-90, Only two exits from the Valley Mall. Not many hotels close to the mall, so this was good.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KJR4
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoy the facilities and that Penny kept you entertained! She really is a character. She does have her own facebook, look for Penny Holiday! Our mission is to Impress Guests, and it sounds like we did just that with you.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Safe travels!!
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here 4 or 5 times now for both business and pleasure. As a business stay it has eveything I am looking for, clean, workout room, helpful staff, good wifi, good workspace in the rooms, etc. As a pleasure stay it is also not lacking anything, comfortable beds, quiet rooms, etc. My only complaint, and it is out of the control of the hotel, is that there is a lack of good restaurants within walking distance, or even less than a 5-10 minute drive away.

The breakfast, evening cookies, manager get togethers and of course Penny are all just added perks to this already enjoyable place to stay, and will continue to be my choice of places to stay when travelling to Spokane and the surrounding area.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoamingVandal
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to see that we are your go-to place while in Spokane. Our mission is to "Impress Guests" and it looks like we do that with you, with the exception of the restaurants close by. We do have a couple small places that have great food, Chan's Bistro and Ambrosia that you should try next time you are in town!

Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Spokane!
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Cannot fault them from check-in to check-out -staff was very friendly and accommodating, although we did get a friends discount their regular rate was reasonable for the room and service quality you will experience! The breakfast was delicious, always hot, plenty of variety and they have the CUTEST golden retriever - Penny - on site, if you are a dog-lover this is just an extra! We will definitely be recommending you to our family and friends as the perfect place to stay, not too far from downtown, and far enough away it is quiet, relaxing and marvelously helpful staff day and night!

Only one point I would consider for those of you who have Cali-Kings like us - their beds seem to be eastern kings as they are a lot shorter than our own Cali-king - but not a problem unless you are 6'5 or taller!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cha3370
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thank you so much for the great compliments! We do pride ourselves on our service, and to see you write it more than once is wonderful! Our mission is to "Impress Guests" and it sounds like we did just that with you. The best compliment we can receive is that of a guest who will recommend us to their friends and family! Thank you for that!!

I am glad to hear you were able to meet Penny, our resident pooch. If you haven't already, check out her facebook page under Penny Holiday! She will accept your friends request!

Thank you again and we look forward to you staying with us on your next visit.

Safe travels
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

I frequent H I Expresses on business travel when I need to stay on a budget. This one is up to standard; clean, decent furnishings, good service, decent breakfast and overall good value.

It's located about 30 seconds off I-90, has a gas station very close, has a restaurant that shares the parking lot and has convenient on / off ramps.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Dave R
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to read that we are up to standard for you, and that we are convenient to I-90. I would love to know if we could do anything different to put us over the top with your experience here, as it is shown that you are one of the many road warriors we have!

Please get in touch with me personally with anything we could be doing differently!

Thank you so much and safe travels!
Castlegar BC
Reviewed 3 December 2012

First of all, I want to say a HUGE thank-you to Swan for the lovely greeting, hospitality and gift baskets! As soon as I walked into the lobby to check in, I had mentioned I was down from Canada looking for a wedding dress, and she treated the group of us like princesses. It was the best hotel experience we have ever had. All the front desk staff were lovely!
Rosa was also exceptionally caring and helpful with regards to breakfast. The choices were great and she even made us a waffle in the back after they turned off the pancake machine. Thanks Rosa! :)

Overall, the hotel was clean, comfortable and hospitable. We will definitely stay here again during our future trips to Spokane. Thanks all!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mlferris
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Thank you so much for a lovely review! I always love seeing kudos for the staff. They are an amazing team!! I hope you were able to find the perfect dress while you were here, and if not, there is always another trip to plan to visit with us! Our mission is to Impress Guests and it sounds as if Swan and Rose did just that!

Trail, Oregon
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I would add, that the sound proofing, genuine friendliness, and outstanding "real" breakfast food were bonuses to the overall excellence. It actually felt like home away from home, complete with cozy fireplace. I appreciate the wedding group discount also, thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan J
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review. I am so happy to see that your stay with us fell under the "Impress Guest" mission that we live by. Our team truly cares about the needs of the guest and I am glad you felt at home! It was also great to see you enjoyed a real breakfast!

Thank you again, and I hope we don't have to wait for another wedding to have you back with us!

Safe Travels