“Exceptional Service!”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Spokane, Washington, United States
“Exceptional Service!”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This is the only hotel you need to know about in the Spokane Valley area. I know several of the staff members, and they go to extremes to provide the best customer service possible. The entire staff has a help-first attitude, and they always accommodate any special needs or requests. Whenever I have family in town, the valley Holiday Inn Express is the first hotel I recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Luke G
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you so much for a glowing review and recommendation! Our hotel credo is Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family, and know that every time your family or friends stay with us, they are our family.

I will make sure I pass along the kudos to the team and we look forward to Impressing your family the next time they visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is our 5th stay at this hotel and wanted to share our experiences with all of you........
We arrived after a 7 hour drive to a very nice receptionist, her name is Mary. She had just baked a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies. Needless to say my kid already indulged in these hot treats. Mary checked us in and when we got to our room she called to make sure everything was up to our standards: clean room and if we needed anything? When we made reservations we talked with Jesslyne, after changing our minds due to a family situation we finally booked our room. She was so patient and kind. Jesslyne reccommended a palor suite, which had 2 rooms. Our kid had his own room with a t.v. and the same for us. Coming up to Spokane has been very hard on our family but, the kindness that these 2 showed us was very comforting. I have reccommended this hotel to other family members and there stay had the same feedback. Thanks for helping us. It means alot to me.
Mary

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mary r
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our hotel credo is Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family, and to us, you are family. This is why Mary and Jesslyne (as well as anyone on staff) will go out of their way to make sure your needs are taken care of. I am glad you were able to partake in cookies, as that is an important part of the evenings here and having a separate room for your kid is always a nice treat!

Thank you again, and when ever you are here, we will do whatever it takes to make sure you are taken care of!

Safe travels!
South Jordan, Utah, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I come to Spokane about 4 times a year, I discovered this little jewel about a year ago. I would not think of staying anywhere else in the Spokane Area. Attentive staff, friendy desk people. I spend half of my live in hotels, there are none better,

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Evan R
WOW! Thank you!! I appreciate everyone's feedback, and a true road warrior such as yourself gives us a great perspective. I am glad that my staff lives up to the Impress Guest mission statement with you. I will certainly pass the kudos along!

Thank you so much again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Safe travels
Winlock, Washington
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stayed here for the Washington State 2B Basketball tournament with 8 cheerleaders and my wife. :) The staff was very friendly and helpful during check in and check out. The woman who ran the breakfast buffet offered to start it early for us if we needed it. :)
The breakfast at HIE hotels are always good. I have never been disappointed with the food. You can always count on biscuits and gravy as well as the cinnamon rolls! In addition there were eggs and sausage, bagels, donuts, muffins, bread, yogurt and the standard cold cereal and milk. The coffee is on 24/7 and there are cookies at various times during the day and night.
Ample, well-lit free parking in the lot in front of the hotel. The hotel was very easy to get to from I-90, I had no problems navigating to downtown Spokane or getting back to the hotel. There is a restaurant adjacent to the hotel, as well as a gas station/mini-mart, and a Safeway about two blocks away.
The room was pretty standard...the beds were comfortable, housekeeping always kept the towels fresh and the lines clean. There is a mini-fridge (with one leg missing...I balanced it with a washcloth. And no this didn't ruin my stay as it would with some people!), microwave and coffee maker. My only complaint was the "desk"...more of a 2' x 2' square table with a not-so-comfortable chair. (Again, this didn't ruin my stay). The internet/Wi-Fi connection was fast and free.
I've stayed at six HIE hotels...this one was definitely in the top three. Thumbs up!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank drmorf
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your visit with us. I am happy to read that the staff took good care of you. They are a great bunch and I am lucky to have them working with me. Our mission is to Impress Guests and I hope they did just that with you!

I am sorry that the fridge was wobbly, and if you can contact me personally, I would love to know what room you were in so that I might get that fixed. I also wanted to pass along that we are getting ready to do some more updating in the rooms and the tables will be replaced, though I don't know how big they will be, hopefully a bit bigger for you!

Thank you again, and if there is ever anything I can do for you, please let me know.
Safe travels and hope to see you again soon!
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I have been a customer of this establishment for many years off and on. They have a;ways treated me with the upmost courtesy. All the hotel employees are extremely polite including the maid service. It appears to me that the customer comes first! Rare in this day and age. Three employees stand out to me, address me by name and are extremely personable, Lauren, Jesslyn and Carolyn. I wish to give all the employees of this establishment an "atta boy", job well done. I will continue staying here well into the future.

Room Tip: Ground floor room with outside access.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Craig F
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Thank you Craig F for your awesome review! I will certainly pass along the Kudos to Lauren, Jesslyne and Carolyn, they are a great group of ladies, and an "Atta Boy" to the rest of the team!

Thank you for being a part of our family over the years, and we certainly appreciate your loyalty to us.

Safe travels to you and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Chelan, Washington
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Nice place to stay in the Valley. Good little pool and hot tub. Nice, clean rooms.
Enjoyable Lobby with fireplace and "Penny" the golden retriever is a hoot! Great service and continental breakfast. Hotel is located just off I-90, Only two exits from the Valley Mall. Not many hotels close to the mall, so this was good.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KJR4
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoy the facilities and that Penny kept you entertained! She really is a character. She does have her own facebook, look for Penny Holiday! Our mission is to Impress Guests, and it sounds like we did just that with you.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Safe travels!!
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here 4 or 5 times now for both business and pleasure. As a business stay it has eveything I am looking for, clean, workout room, helpful staff, good wifi, good workspace in the rooms, etc. As a pleasure stay it is also not lacking anything, comfortable beds, quiet rooms, etc. My only complaint, and it is out of the control of the hotel, is that there is a lack of good restaurants within walking distance, or even less than a 5-10 minute drive away.

The breakfast, evening cookies, manager get togethers and of course Penny are all just added perks to this already enjoyable place to stay, and will continue to be my choice of places to stay when travelling to Spokane and the surrounding area.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoamingVandal
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to see that we are your go-to place while in Spokane. Our mission is to "Impress Guests" and it looks like we do that with you, with the exception of the restaurants close by. We do have a couple small places that have great food, Chan's Bistro and Ambrosia that you should try next time you are in town!

Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Spokane!