“Is it possible for a fantastic hotel to be better than the last time I stayed here? YES!!”

Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Sometimes I wonder if my reviews for this hotel resonate anymore, because I can never find a bad thing to say about it, and if I can find anything else positive to say. Well, I still don't have anything bad to say here, but I sure can say highlight more positive things to say.

We recently has two separate stays here: one night on our way to Portland, and two nights on our way back home. We were welcomed warmly to the hotel by Jessalynne, who remembered us vividly from our last stay four months earlier. The genuine warmth she showed my four year old son was evident to see, and she was an absolute joy to interact with. I won't write about everything fantastic that she did for us while we were there, but she truly understands how to deliver top notch customer service.

The other person we had lots of personal dealings with was Sydney, who checked us in on the last leg of our vacation. She also was an absolute joy to deal with, and also understands what customer service should be. She is a shining example of going beyond the call of duty to make a customer happy.

When our family travels now, we use the standard set by the Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley as to what a hotel experience should be like. I've stayed at other hotels where the facilities were of equal or better luxury levels or amenities. But none of them are even close to what the overall experience and satisfaction that the HIE SV has given our family.

Unless the hotel is already full when I need to reserve a room in the Spokane area, there is no doubt as to where we will be staying in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am so happy to see that you continually have an amazing experience when you stay with us. Our mission is to "Impress Guests" and it sounds like we do that with you every time! I will certainly pass along the kudos to Jesslyne and Sydney and they do things every day to help us create Great Hotels Guests Love. They are part of a family here who wants to do everything they can to help our guests feel relaxed and at home.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and the family soon!

Safe Travels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

A friendly staff and a hotel that has a personal touch not usually found in a typical chain hotel. Well worth the price and very easy to get to and from the I-90. Stayed going to and from our final destination. The AC unit was noisy in the one room but other than that issue, everything was great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and for the great review. Our mission is to Impress Guests, and it sounds like we did just that with you. I am sorry that the AC was noisy, I hope you told someone so that we can have maintenance take a look at it!

I hope your trip was filled with many nights like your nights with us!

Thank you again and Safe Travels!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Warm friendly hotel that has moe personality than a typical chain hotel

Penny is great but we will always remember Kip as he was so special

Manager is very accomodating and the guests here seem appreciated

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review and for loving Penny (and bringing her a new toy) like you did Kip! We certainly appreciate you and your continued loyalty! Our hotel credo is Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family, and you are definitely family here.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Safe Travels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The staff at this Holiday Inn were excellent! We had a good time and they made it that way because of the service. I will stay there again if the option is presented to me. The hotel was close to alot of resturants that we could just walk to as well which was really nice if you planed on having a few drinks so you would not have to worry about driving.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great review! I am glad that the service was top notch. Our mission is to Impress Guests, and it sounds like we just did that with you. I hope you had a great rest of your travels and we hope to see you again!

Thank you again and Safe Travels!
Eagle, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Made a reservation for this hotel for the Saturday night of Labor Day weekend, with a guaranteed non-smoking, two queen bed room. Arrived to check in and was told I had a smoking king size. The desk clerk told me she would "compensate me" for the problem by giving me the room for 50% off but my wife is allergic to the smoke and there are three of us. Left and slept in the car since there was not a room in the whole Spokane Area due to Gonzaga and Whitworth Universities having their freshman orientations. Will never darken the doors of a Holiday Inn hotel again. What happens to the guaranteed reservation I have a confirmation for? Ridiculous and totally unprofessional. This review is going on all my travel sites.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Eagle-tripster
Thank you for your honest feedback about your experience with us. I am sorry that your reservation was not honored. Of course it is not the intention of the hotel, or the brand to not honor a reservation, and that it happened to you on this particular weekend, I am truly sorry.

I would love to talk with you personally to see how I can make it right. I know I can't change the past, but would like to see how we can take care of you in the future.

Everett, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Not only did I get bitten by BED BUGS for the first time ever, which was shocking to say the least, but the coffee was watered down and the orange juice was also watered down at breakfast. When I told the front desk about the bed bugs (I had 28 bite sites - red-raised bumps mostly in row on my leg) they said they would inspect the room and call an exterminator, as well as deduct some money off of the bill. My husband and I only stayed on night, but now we're mortified that we may have brought home BED BUGS to our home and they may now even be in our car. What a nightmare!

Room Tip: Our room was quiet on the 4th floor, but they have BED BUGs way up there.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cee K
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so sorry your stay was less than perfect. We do take the matter of bed bugs very seriously and we did get in to inspect the room, including having our professional pest control come in and inspect, so that appropriate action could be taken if needed.

Our mission is to Impress Guests, and I am truly sorry that we fell short with you. I would love to speak with you personally about how we can make things right.

DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

From the moment we arrived to our departure, we were taken care of as though we were royalty. We asked about restuarnts and were given a great place to eat. Our return was late, and we had missed the hot cookies, but they made us a batch and brought them to our room. In the morning, a breakfast to die for. The place across the street said they had the best breakfast, we had to stay there later, becuase Holiday Inn was full. I can clearly say Holiday Inn had the best breakfast. When Holiday Inn was full and they could not offer us a room due to a car show in Spokane, they found us a room in the crowded city. Can you beat that! Thanks to: Carolyn, Deb, Lauren, and Julie(GM).-Terry and Barbara from Florida.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Wow! Thank you so much, for staying with us and for the awesome review! I am glad we were able to get you in and take care of all your needs! I will pass along the kudos to the rest of the team here. Our mission is Impress Guests, and looks like we did just that for you. I hope the rest of your trip was fabulous and we hope to see you again!

Thank you and safe travels!