“Beyond "Just a hotel"”

Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This was our second stay at HIE Spokane Valley and it will not be our last. We have chosen this hotel for its central location to shopping and easy access to the interstate for hitting Silverwood. And to boot, the facilities are perfect for any family. With welcome receptions, milk and cookies, suppers, it's hard to beat. Yet this time, our experience went through the roof. We arrived on a Monday night to a great supper (and cold beverage) and stayed the following 3 nights. Some family met us there for a mini-reunion. Two of the families had celebrations during the time we were at the hotel. A 40th b-day and a 20 wedding Anniversary on the same day. At the front desk, a couple of us requested information about getting a cake, party stuff and a place to eat. It was from that moment, our stay will never be forgotten. The front desk staff moved into high gear. They knew we were spending the following day at Silverwood,so they suggested we give them the details, and they would handle the cake ordering etc.. for us. Took a lot of stress of our shoulders. So the next day, after spending a full hot day at Silverwood, we came back to the hotel tired but excited for the evening celebrations. As we entered the main doors, our whole group (12) was stopped. The staff presented the birthday girl, and anniversary couple each with a bouquet of flowers and a card. They were stunned. Knowing we had to get to the restaurant, we took the gifts and headed to our rooms only to discover that the doors had been decorated with hand written congratulatory notes. Crazy. My wife, being the b-day girl, opened her card to discover a gift card to the restaurant we had booked. What a cool group of people to go beyond customer service to creating an experience. And they got us a cake to boot. Thanks so much for making our holiday experience one we will never forget!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

I am so glad you shared your amazing experience with the world! I am happy that we were able to participate in the celebrations at the hotel. I know the team here was excited to be able to make that lasting memory for your family. Jesslyne was a big part of making sure all was in order for your fun. Our mission is to Impress Guests, and help create Great Hotels Guests Love. We want you to have a relaxing enjoyable time when you stay with us, and so we want to help with the little things. Thank you again for the wonderful review, and we look forward to next year's visit (we hope!)

Have a beautiful day and safe travels.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

This was our 2nd week long stay at this hotel in the past year. Staff were very friendly and very helpful. That's what I love so much about this place! My kids fell in love with Penny the dog from the moment we checked in. Rooms are starting to look a bit dated and the carpet needs replacing but our room was very clean and spacious. Thank you for making our trip so wonderful! We will be back again very soon.

Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to see that your kids love Penny, she is pretty adorable! As for the dated look of the rooms, I am happy to pass along to you that we will be remodeling the guest rooms this winter! We will be replacing the carpet and furniture in all the rooms. An exciting time for our hotel, and we look forward to having you back to let us know what you think of the new digs!

Thank you again for letting us be your home away from home, and Safe Travels!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Front the Moment I Check in I was received with a Smile.Even tough is Pet Friendly Hotel.They were able to accommodate me in a Anti-Allergic Room.I wish Breakfast could be Better.Room is Big and Quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

First, thank you for staying with us, and for letting the world know about your stay with us! I am glad the front desk team took care of your needs, and that we were able to get you in a pet free room. I would love to hear more about what we can do to make our breakfast better. I know that our brand is working on some breakfast offering additions that will be coming soon, and I hope that will help make your breakfast experience a pleasant one. Please contact me directly so that I can get the feedback from you to pass along to the brand.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Traveling through town from out of state and the 36 hours without sleep finally caught up to me. With no reservation, and at 11am, I just pulled into this place because I needed rest. They put me in a room ASAP for which I was grateful. The room was very neat, clean and quiet. The bedding was great. And the following morning the complimentary breakfast was as good as any I've ever had. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

I am so glad we were able to be a quiet place to put your head after many hours awake and I am sure, on the go! I am hoping you were able to enjoy the new pillows that we have been changing recently with the new pillow program Holiday Inn Express Hotels has started. We want to create Great Hotels Guests Love, and that you were able to have a comfy bed and good rest and great breakfast shows we are creating that for you.

Thank you again, we look forward to your next visit and safe travels

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I would say that this hotel was very well put together overall and is one of the nicer 2.5 star hotels you find around Spokane. The only issue is the fact that it's right next to a club that was blasting their speakers..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear hillstead22,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was a disappointing one. We apologize for the shortfalls, especially with the noise issues you encountered. I truly value your comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Thank you for your valuable feedback, and hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is my hotel of choice! It's great to walk in and have them know who you are and make you feel welcome and comfortable throughout the time of your stay. The staff knows and understands customer service and delivers the best every time! I can't say enough nice things about the staff, the comfortable beds and the cleanliness of the rooms. I'm so happy I decided to stay there the first time and will continue to every time I travel to the Spokane area for those reasons.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Wow, thank you so much for the awesome review! Our mission here is to Impress Guests, and it sounds like we do just that with you each time you are here. One of the things we like to do is make those small connections with our guests/family. We are paying attention to who is coming in each day and are always excited to see our loyal family return time and again. It is the little things that go a long way. I am so happy that you continue to stay with us, and we continue to deliver the extraordinary service you come to expect from us.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was our second stay the Holiday Inn Express in Spokane Valley. We chose to stay there again, even after considering the more 'luxurious' downtown hotels. We were again highly impressed. This hotel is well managed, extremely welcoming and friendly, our guest room was clean, comfortable (the bed is so comfortable we were reluctant to get out of it in the morning), the breakfast offers a variety of nutritious options, and, last but certainly not least, there is Penny, the 4-legged, rescued golden retriever staff member who is well-loved, appropriately managed and clearly loved by all the staff and the visitors. I told the employee at the desk when we checked out that I would rather stay at the Holiday Inn Express -Spokane Valley than any Ritz Carlton I've ever visited.......and it's the truth. I recommend this hotel highly !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for making us your Spokane home for a second time. Our mission is Impress Guests, and that you say we are better than any Ritz Carlton, sounds like we did just that! Thank you so much for the wonderful review, and the recommendation to stay from a loyal guest like you is the best form of compliment.

Thank you again for both staying with us and for the review. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.