“Friendly Staff - All of them”

Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Arrived about 9 pm and was greeted by the evening manager and the hotel pet dog. Quick and efficient check-in. Room was a King and bed and linens were comfortable. Newer furnishings with flat screen TV. Free parking, free WiFi and free breakfast. Breakfast had an assortment of items to choose from including pancakes, eggs, sausage, cereals and bread goods. Coffee was good. Although I didn't use the swimming pool or hot tub, I did note that it had an accessibility lift for those that may have difficulty getting in / out of a pool.

I'd recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and for a great review. I am glad you were able to enjoy most of the things the hotel has to offer! I will certainly pass along your kudos to the friendly team, I think they are great! Holiday Inn Express has been working to create Great Hotels, Guests Love and it sounds like we hit the mark with you.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I found the stay relaxing, and the staff friendly and helpful. I would say that the turn off from the main road into the hotel was confusing because of the restaurant in the hotel parking lot. A sign or light leading into the parking lot would be helpful. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much first for staying with us and second for your review. I am glad your stay was relaxing and the team was helpful! I am sorry that the entrances aren't better marked. I will certainly pass the information along to the owners so they can address your concerns.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were very pleased with the very large spacious room at this Holiday Inn Express in Spokane Valley. The queen beds were very comfortable, good lighting, fridge/microwave/coffeemaker, fitness center and pool.. Breakfast was very generous and the coffee was excellent.

Note to the Manager:
This is a very nice hotel and I would have liked to rate this experience as 5 stars, but could not for the following reasons:
1) At check-out, your front desk staff was on a phone call and ignored me, continuing her conversation at her leisure, continually ignoring that I was standing there. I don't mind waiting if someone will at least nod at me to let me know they are aware there is a guest waiting..... another lady eventually came to the counter and could not answer the questions I had about the bill, and when pressed for an explanation she became abrupt. More training is perhaps required.
2) I had put a "quiet please" sign on the outside of the door, but housekeeping entered nonetheless ! No knocking first even, just opened the door.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank garden-witch

First and foremost, thank you for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your spacious room, and I appreciate your candor about your checkout experience and the staff concerns. Our mission is to Impress Guests, and I am so sorry that we fell short of our mission. I will certainly reiterate the importance of contact with every guest, and proper procedures for guest's with the "quiet please" signs up. If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great place except I booked a pet friendly room and was placed on the 3rd floor? When I booked I was never sent a reservation confirmation or an update on what I was going to have to pay. If I had I am not sure I would have stayed here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I first want to apologize for a less than stellar stay with us. We certainly want to do everything we can to accommodate our guests with their four legged friends, and I am sorry that it was not possible to get you a lower floor room. I am also sorry you never received a confirmation for your reservation. I would love to talk with you more about this, to try and resolve where the disconnect was.

I do thank you for staying with us, and I would love to earn your business back for our hotel.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This is our 3rd stay at this property. The staff are very helpful and friendly. They even helped me out when I needed something from the RiteAid across the street, which was very much appreciated! I couldn't have asked for better service! The family suites are great when travelling with kids. It gives everyone their own space. Breakfast was great. The pancakes are always a hit with my kids. Pool and fitness areas are wonderful too. Looking forward to our next trip in August. Make sure you meet their dog Penny, everyone loves her:) See you soon!

Stayed: April 2014
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you first for staying with us when you visit Spokane, and second for the lovely review! I am glad we were able to help get you what you needed. Our mission is to Impress Guests, and it sounds like we do that each time you are here. Penny sure does appreciate the love she gets from the family, and we all look forward to your next visit. Hope you had fun at your appointment and you will have to show your new art next time you stay!

Thank you again and safe travels!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel is fantastic!!!! The price is right and the room was perfect. The staff is fantastic! Very helpful and cordial. Cal Clausen, the owner, and Jody Sander, the Director of Operations, have put together an A-1 staff. I can't say enough about them and the accommodations. I'll be back in Spokane in a few weeks and I will stay here. I want to share my gratitiude with the entire staff. You are fantastic!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. I stayed in the Lilac Suite. I highly recommend this room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you first and foremost for staying with us, and second for the amazing review! I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that the team impressed you. Our mission is to "Impress Guests" and it looks like we did just that! The best compliment, though, is your return visit coming up. Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Safe Travels

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Exceptional staff that goes beyond the expected.
Beautiful property, well maintained and clean. Nice breakfast and even a managers reception in the evening with a hot meal.
I was here on a business trip, stayed for 5 nights and felt right at home.
Steve

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve D
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am glad to see that the staff was exceptional and that you felt at home for your 5 days! Our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family" so welcome to the family Steve! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and more importantly, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Safe Travels