“Excellent Pit Stop”

Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stopped at the hotel on our way through to the Gorge Ampitheatere. Arriving at 11pm we could not believe how busy the hotel was. They even have a hotel dog which walks around to make the place feel "just like home". It seems that a lot of people were returning customers as they were greeted by names and said goodnight to the staff as they passed through. We were very impressed with the friendliness of the staff even though we were just "quick" visitors. It was clean and the beds were so comfortable. Pillows are fantastic. Complimentary breakfast in the AM is great, you won't need anything else and empty hot dishes were monitored and filled quickly. The pancake maker made us Canadians day as we want to purchase them for our homes! Thanks for a great comfy sleep before we roughed it at Sasquatch Festival. Highly recommend it for all visitors! Easy to access from the HWY.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EmJ621
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you so much, first for staying with us, and second for the great review! We are always on the mission to create Great Hotels Guests Love, and it sounds like you are in love! Thank you for that! I am glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, and if you contact me directly I can put you in touch with the company that has the pancake machines!! You are not the first person I have had ask about them!!

Thank you again, and I hope the rest of your trip was as great as your stay with us!

Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the hotel. We found the room to be very comfortable and the breakfast was good and plentiful. The cookies and milk in the evenings were a nice treat.

To the management of this hotel - since obviously you read these reviews: My husband and I traveled with another couple - and my husband and I chose this hotel for our stay. We booked our room using our credit card points, our friends booked directly with the hotel. We both have and presented the IHG Rewards card at check in. Our friends were each given a goodie bag. We asked about it and were reluctantly given a one bag, which contained less than what our friends received in their bags. This may be a real nit on my part, but it certainly made us feel less valued as a customer, regardless of how the room was paid for.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying and taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that your check in experience was less that fabulous. We certainly did not want you to feel less valued. I am not sure why your goody bag was less than what your friends received, but I will certainly coach the team on how the check in should go. I am glad you didn't let that stop you from enjoying the rest of your stay!

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you again on your next visit to Spokane!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Had to stay in Spokane Valley for a week's training and was very happy with my stay. The hotel is located very conveniently near to restaurants, shopping and freeway access. The beds are most comfy with lots of pillow choices, in-room coffee, nice flat screen, microwave & mini fridge, and other expected amenities. I did not use the pool or fitness center, but the facilities looked clean and well kept, and saw several folks using them. The breakfast is better than most with lots of hot options such as eggs, biscuits & gravy, etc. as well as cold cereals, sweet rolls, etc. Coffee was in constant supply, and I'm told milk & cookies were also available, but I never saw them. They offer and small snack-type meal in the evenings until about 6:30 I think. I missed one night, due to class, but the two nights I did catch, the offerings were nachos (fresh ingredients) and salads (green and/or pasta). I don't think these snack/dinners were offered any other nights than Mon-Tues-Wed, you may want to verify if you're counting on this as sustenance. My room was located right next to the guest laundry, but I never heard any loud noises from that facility, or the ice-vending a couple doors down. During the week, this hotel seems mostly filled with business travelers, one gentleman I spoke to was very grateful that the breakfast starts earlier than most other places, as a guy who has to get out and get to work, he liked to grab an early breakfast. By the time I was checking out on Friday, the clientele had changed to families and couples. Front desk staff was very friendly early in my stay, but less so as the week went on. Not unfriendly, just friendlier upon check-in than they were to be as a five night guest. All in all, no real complaints. Thanks much.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank homerz

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed stay with us. I am happy you were able to enjoy the Manager's Reception on the couple of days, and sorry that you missed cookies! Next time you visit, let me know and I will make sure you have cookies delivered to your room! I will work with the staff to make sure their enthusiasm is just as much the last day as it is the first day of any guests stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Checked in by a happy font desk staff member and made aware of the breakfast as well as a dinner they had on offer. The room was a fairly standard on the road room, king bed, etc. It was clean and on the corner of the hotel so windows on 2 sides. The WiFi was quick to connect but was spotty at times, maybe the combined use or the location of my room was far from the router (I was in the furthest corner away). All the staff were happy and helpful, which always makes the stay feel a little better. The hotel is located across from a pub and strip mall so shopping/food is all within easy reach.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you first for staying with us and second for the great review. I am glad you had a comfortable stay with us. I will certainly pass along the internet concern to our IT group so they can check it out!

Thank you again for staying and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights May 16th/17th. We were welcomed by their signature 4 legged furry ambassador which was awesome as we had our small dog along too. Very pet friendly!!!. One of the great things is they have a grassy fenced off area for pets to do their business. Over all room was clean, bed was super comfy, great cable TV. To Note: The Hotel is close to main intersection's and free way's so traffic noise was a bit loud. The only thing that kind of annoyed me off was I got 1 rate for Friday and another rate for Saturday...Saturday night being more expensive. Not this Hotels fault...That would be reservations deal..Weird ....Other than that free breakfast was great. Would totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you so much, first for staying with us, and second for the lovely review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that your little 4 legged family member could run around in the back "yard." Penny is a great ambassador for our hotel, and she loves meeting new friends.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Safe Travels

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Arrived about 9 pm and was greeted by the evening manager and the hotel pet dog. Quick and efficient check-in. Room was a King and bed and linens were comfortable. Newer furnishings with flat screen TV. Free parking, free WiFi and free breakfast. Breakfast had an assortment of items to choose from including pancakes, eggs, sausage, cereals and bread goods. Coffee was good. Although I didn't use the swimming pool or hot tub, I did note that it had an accessibility lift for those that may have difficulty getting in / out of a pool.

I'd recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us and for a great review. I am glad you were able to enjoy most of the things the hotel has to offer! I will certainly pass along your kudos to the friendly team, I think they are great! Holiday Inn Express has been working to create Great Hotels, Guests Love and it sounds like we hit the mark with you.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I found the stay relaxing, and the staff friendly and helpful. I would say that the turn off from the main road into the hotel was confusing because of the restaurant in the hotel parking lot. A sign or light leading into the parking lot would be helpful. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much first for staying with us and second for your review. I am glad your stay was relaxing and the team was helpful! I am sorry that the entrances aren't better marked. I will certainly pass the information along to the owners so they can address your concerns.