“Excellent Customer Service!”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Tumwater, WA
“Excellent Customer Service!”
Reviewed 8 March 2010

We traveled to Spokane with 40 high school students and had the pleasure of staying at your hotel. You treated us so wonderfully! The service was above and beyond our expectations! From setting up a room so we could order pizza as a group to baking us our own special cookies and having them wrapped individually for the kids when we got home late, the customer service was the best I've ever had! Thank you so much and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2010
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 9 March 2010
Thank you so much for writing a lovely review! Our staff is dedicated to our mission statement which is "Impress Guests"

We very much enjoyed having your group stay with us and the band members were a delight. We like to take care of all of our guests while they are here and it looks like the staff did just that with your group!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Oregon
Reviewed 4 March 2010

I stay at this HIE every month for 2-3 night and I would not change that. From the first time I stayed until the current stay I am made to feel at home and very welcome. Every month when I am here the staff remembers who I am, (from the person working over nite, to the person working in the middle of the afternoon) and as a frequent traveler that goes ALONG way with me and contributes to making this feel like a home away from home.
All of the staff at this hotel is so professional and friendly, I have seen them checking in a person walking in just looking for a room and treating them just as if they were a gold or platinum member in priority club.... I could go on and on about this hotel and the people that work here...
Again I stay here every month and will continue to do so because I am made to feel at home and that is the very best thing when i'm not.

Thanks for everything

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 11 March 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly enjoy serving our guests and treating them as our family. In fact, our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family!"

All of our staff have embraced our simple Mission Statement which is "Impress Guests" This doesn't have to be done on a large scale, it seems it's the little things that matter. For you this is every employee you encounter knows who you are. We pride ourselves on these little things and I am happy that you recognized it!

Thank you for being a loyal guest/family member and we look forward to serving you every time you are here!
Florida
Reviewed 19 February 2010

When I arrived at the hotel dragging my luggage, it seemed as if Kip (the golden retriever) was waiting to welcome me. I don’t know if they have the dog trained to do that when he sees people coming with luggage, but I thought it was cool. I travel for business EVERY week, so to come and go throughout my stay to have the opportunity to stop and pet the pet, it made the experience feel more like I was at home.
I wish more hotels would get a dog. I loved his presence.
On my last day in Spokane, I thought I was going to have to spend money for an extra night at the hotel, as my flight was late afternoon and I didn't feel like spending the day at the airport. I called the desk and asked if it would be possible to extend my check out and the gentleman at the desk gladly extended it to 2pm. I wish I had got his name, because not only was he accommodating, but he was very polite. Actually, the entire hotel staff was very polite.
Unfortunately, because of where I live (Florida), it is unlikely that I will be back to Spokane anytime soon. However, if the opportunity presents itself to stay at this hotel again, there is no doubt that I will. I will also recommend it to my associates that are more likely to travel to that part of the country.
It's very obvious that this hotel goes out of their way to please its guests. I generally receive surveys from hotels and I'm usually too lazy to put in the effort to fill them out. Not only will I take the time to fill out the survey for this hotel if I receive one, but I also took the time to research how I could post an internet recommendation.

• Liked — Kip, the golden retriever
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 24 February 2010
Hello and thank you for the wonderful review! Our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family" and it sounds like you had just that experience! We do strive to make every one of our guests feel at home when they stay with us!

I will make sure Kip keeps working hard to love on all the guests, either that or napping by the front door, as he is good at both!

Thank you again and we look forward to making you feel at home, if ever up this way from Florida!
Seattle
Reviewed 31 January 2010

I travel a lot and frequent HIE's. This one is clearly a cut above the others, one of my 2 favorites. They go above and beyond to do everything just a little better from check in to departure. Among the special touches, fresh cookies and milk at night, frequent free food evenings, an outstanding breakfast beyond the normally good HIE breakfast, and a staff who obviously honors and values their clients consistently. Best bang for your buck in Spokane, try it you'll like it!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ProMetalSales
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 5 February 2010
First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
Our mission is to Impress Guests, and it looks like we clearly do that with you each and every time you stay with us. Thank you for recognizing the staff for their consistency in valuing our guests. We know that you are our life blood and we truly appreciate our guests for choosing to stay with us!

Thank you again for the wonderful comments and we will do our best to keep in your top 2 Holiday Inn Express Hotels!
Seattle
Reviewed 14 January 2010

From the moment you walk into this HIE you know it is a cut above. The people are friendly, service excellent, the many special touches evident of their philosophy of making it your "home away from home" and becoming part of their family. Special free food nights, warm cookies and cold milk, an outstanding breakfast that is better than any other HIE I frequent and even a house dog to pat! As a weary professional business traveler, I appreciate this excellence and always look forward to coming back. These people are passionate about being the best and they walk their talk.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 26 March 2010
Thank you so much for your lovely review! Our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family" and we always want our family members to be relaxed and comfortable!

The whole staff is passionate about serving our families, and we are so happy that you are a part of that!

Thank you again and see you the next time you are "home!"
olympia
Reviewed 31 December 2009

I stayed here with my children to visit family for Christmas. We arrived late and tired, so the prompt, professional and friendly check-in was so welcome. The desk clerk went out of her way to ensure we had a great room. My son was able to have a pull out sofa and separate space with his own TV - he was very happy! We had gifts to wrap and there was a wrapping room! What a great idea. I really liked that the housekeeping staff had Christmas Day off, any needs were taken care of and it's nice that businesses take care of employees. I really care about this when choosing where to spend my money. I can't say enough about how great the staff were and the location, as well as price, were the best for our needs.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank stamp_pad
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 3 January 2010
First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review. It is great to hear that your family was taken care of while staying with us. Our company mission statement is "Impress Guests" and it sounds like we did just that with you!

Our company prides itself on both the service to the guests as well as the service to our employees. Without well cared for employees, we would not have well cared for guests! We consider everyone (staff and guests) as family and you should always take care of your family! Thank you for recognizing our efforts in this area.

Thank you again and we look forward to serving you on your next trip to Spokane!
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed 25 December 2009

I travel extensively and usually stay at Holidy Inn Express. Out of all the HIE that I have stayed at, this one is by far the best. From the time you have walked through the doors, you are immediately greeted by Kip, the dog. After that, everyone there makes you feel like family. From Jody, Tawnya, Carolyn, Mary, Yong, and everyone else. They always go out of their way to make sure everything is right for you. Need anything, ask and you will receive. The place is always clean and well decorated. I will always recommend this place to family, friends and associates . You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank ball4
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 27 December 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! Our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family" and it sounds like that is exactly what we did for you! I am glad that everyone you encountered had that can do attitude as that is what we strive for. We take pride in making our "family" members feel at home!
Thank you again for the kudos and for recommending us to your family, friends and associates!

We look forward to your next visit and will continue to Impress You!!