“The best HI Express I have stayed at.”

Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Service in this place is amazing. The front desk staff (Daniel, I think) was very helpful and friendly, and gave us complimentary bottled water and snacks. We arrived early in the evening, and were treated to a delicious and robust hot soup (a meal in itself), french bread and salad. Later in the evening, hot cookies were served. Coffee is available any time. Morning breakfast includes the usual Holiday Inn Express fare - cereal, toast, delicious hot cinnamon buns, etc. The building and room were spotlessly clean. This hotel is dog friendly, and we enjoyed seeing the house golden retriever and a number of other dogs in the lobby. We never heard them, though.

There are a number of service awards in the lobby, and based on our experience, they were well deserved. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2010

Thank you so much for your great comments! Our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family" and it sounds like you got the "family" experience!

From the kindness of the staff to the wonderful meals, to our Stress Manager Kip who likes to make sure everyone has a stress free stay! We all want to make sure our "family" members get the best treatment!

Thank you again and we look forward to Impressing you in the future!

Reviewed 13 March 2010

From the moment we set foot inside this Holiday Inn we were taken care of. From the complementary water bottle and treat to the cookie and milk reception in the evening and ending with a full breakfast in the morning. This was a wonderful stay. Our room was clean and tidy. The staff even followed up with a nice note thanking us for our stay and hoping that we did well in the competition we had in Spokane. The Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley thinks of every last detail. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2010

Thank you for such a lovely review! Our mission is to "Impress Guests" and it sounds like we did just that with you!

I am a firm believer that it is the little things that make a difference, and doing those little things just right! All the staff are passionate about taking care of the guest from the time of reservations to after the guest gets home. I am proud to say the staff is always looking out for the guests needs!

Thank you again and I am delighted you had a wonderful time and we look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed 11 March 2010

Stayed here for a basketball tournament. Everything was fantastic! The staff were friendly and helpful, and worked with our schedules in allowing late check out. The kids all love the hotel dog Kip and looked forward to returning at night to see and play with the dog. The staff made you feel like family and they went out of their way to accomodate, bringing in prizes for the Wii tournament one night, and having cookies and milk in the evenings. We would stay again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2010

Thank you so much for you wonderful compliments! Our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family" and it sounds like you experienced just that!

We always enjoy having teams stay with us, with tournaments like the one you were here for, we like to get involved and go overboard for the kids to help them have as much fun as possible! Happy kids make happy parents!

I am glad the girls enjoyed their own personal Wii tournament. I know our other guests enjoy the Thursday night fun every week!

Again, thank you for your compliments and THANK YOU for staying with us! We look forward to next year's tournament and having the whole team stay with us!

Reviewed 8 March 2010

We traveled to Spokane with 40 high school students and had the pleasure of staying at your hotel. You treated us so wonderfully! The service was above and beyond our expectations! From setting up a room so we could order pizza as a group to baking us our own special cookies and having them wrapped individually for the kids when we got home late, the customer service was the best I've ever had! Thank you so much and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2010
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2010

Thank you so much for writing a lovely review! Our staff is dedicated to our mission statement which is "Impress Guests"

We very much enjoyed having your group stay with us and the band members were a delight. We like to take care of all of our guests while they are here and it looks like the staff did just that with your group!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2010

I stay at this HIE every month for 2-3 night and I would not change that. From the first time I stayed until the current stay I am made to feel at home and very welcome. Every month when I am here the staff remembers who I am, (from the person working over nite, to the person working in the middle of the afternoon) and as a frequent traveler that goes ALONG way with me and contributes to making this feel like a home away from home.
All of the staff at this hotel is so professional and friendly, I have seen them checking in a person walking in just looking for a room and treating them just as if they were a gold or platinum member in priority club.... I could go on and on about this hotel and the people that work here...
Again I stay here every month and will continue to do so because I am made to feel at home and that is the very best thing when i'm not.

Thanks for everything

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2010

Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly enjoy serving our guests and treating them as our family. In fact, our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family!"

All of our staff have embraced our simple Mission Statement which is "Impress Guests" This doesn't have to be done on a large scale, it seems it's the little things that matter. For you this is every employee you encounter knows who you are. We pride ourselves on these little things and I am happy that you recognized it!

Thank you for being a loyal guest/family member and we look forward to serving you every time you are here!

Reviewed 19 February 2010

When I arrived at the hotel dragging my luggage, it seemed as if Kip (the golden retriever) was waiting to welcome me. I don’t know if they have the dog trained to do that when he sees people coming with luggage, but I thought it was cool. I travel for business EVERY week, so to come and go throughout my stay to have the opportunity to stop and pet the pet, it made the experience feel more like I was at home.
I wish more hotels would get a dog. I loved his presence.
On my last day in Spokane, I thought I was going to have to spend money for an extra night at the hotel, as my flight was late afternoon and I didn't feel like spending the day at the airport. I called the desk and asked if it would be possible to extend my check out and the gentleman at the desk gladly extended it to 2pm. I wish I had got his name, because not only was he accommodating, but he was very polite. Actually, the entire hotel staff was very polite.
Unfortunately, because of where I live (Florida), it is unlikely that I will be back to Spokane anytime soon. However, if the opportunity presents itself to stay at this hotel again, there is no doubt that I will. I will also recommend it to my associates that are more likely to travel to that part of the country.
It's very obvious that this hotel goes out of their way to please its guests. I generally receive surveys from hotels and I'm usually too lazy to put in the effort to fill them out. Not only will I take the time to fill out the survey for this hotel if I receive one, but I also took the time to research how I could post an internet recommendation.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2010

Hello and thank you for the wonderful review! Our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family" and it sounds like you had just that experience! We do strive to make every one of our guests feel at home when they stay with us!

I will make sure Kip keeps working hard to love on all the guests, either that or napping by the front door, as he is good at both!

Thank you again and we look forward to making you feel at home, if ever up this way from Florida!

Reviewed 31 January 2010

I travel a lot and frequent HIE's. This one is clearly a cut above the others, one of my 2 favorites. They go above and beyond to do everything just a little better from check in to departure. Among the special touches, fresh cookies and milk at night, frequent free food evenings, an outstanding breakfast beyond the normally good HIE breakfast, and a staff who obviously honors and values their clients consistently. Best bang for your buck in Spokane, try it you'll like it!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank ProMetalSales
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2010

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
Our mission is to Impress Guests, and it looks like we clearly do that with you each and every time you stay with us. Thank you for recognizing the staff for their consistency in valuing our guests. We know that you are our life blood and we truly appreciate our guests for choosing to stay with us!

Thank you again for the wonderful comments and we will do our best to keep in your top 2 Holiday Inn Express Hotels!