“Super Ghetto”

Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I would never recommend this place, and will never stay here again. There was dirty torn up underwear in the parking lot, next to our "neighbor" who was hot wiring their spray painted car. We were informed there would be no housekeeping during our stay, but we were welcome to bring our towels to the office to exchange them for clean ones.

The bed was hard and uncomfortable, the carpet torn up and the shower was stained. It felt so unsafe staying there that we cleaned out the car completely and kept waking up to see if the car had been stolen yet.

Trash in the halls was there when we showed up, and still there well into the next day when we checked out (cancelled the rest of our stay). We even found drug paraphernalia on the floor next to our bed. Yeah, seriously.

This is hands down the absolute worst place I have ever stayed. Stay away. There are plenty of cheap places with much better quality in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank anonymousbroad
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room and am working with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Please know, our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests who are staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee.

Your feedback regarding our bedding options is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I spent the last month traveling all over Oregon and Washington and my company has an account with Extended Stays. I stayed in both the Springfield OR and Spokane WA Crossland's and I must honestly say STAY AWAY. There "free WIFI" is a laughable .53mb and you can pay to upgrade to 2.0mb but still laughable at the speed. I thought we grew out of the dail-up age. In Springfield, it is located in a seedy part of town with drug deals going on during all hours of the night at the hotel. You get a nice 20" cube TV at the Spokane Crossland which you be better off to watch videos on your larger Laptop screens. The beds were both rock hard and miserable; my coworker and I were thinking the floor would feel better to sleep on. I simply recommend staying away from these guys. I stayed a Quality Inn in Kennewick and had a totally different experience and would recommend them. I also stayed at a Roadway Inn which was great as well. Lastly, I stayed at a REAL extended Stay hotel in Tigard and loved the place so its not fair to extended stays that their sister hotels suck and potential give them a bad name but I would totally recommend them as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Jeff – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience. I apologize that our free Wi-Fi and your bed did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope that we will have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in our area.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Found it right on ! cost / clean / friendly -- Stay and pay for a great room @ low cost.... Why must they be 200 characters - I really dont care and no your not getting 200 characters good by - room was great u suck Tripadvisor

Room Tip: 3rd floor view !
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Richard - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room and our staff. We have made many changes recently and are so happy that you have found them to be beneficial.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I don't know why this place is still up and running. The only valuable amenity they offer is a kitchen but the rooms are so dirty and the beds are really old and uncomfortable. There were many questionable stains everywhere in the room from the bathroom walls to the gross reddish brownish stain on the carpet. It was like a living nightmare. Don't stay there, just don't.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carly O
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the fully equipped kitchen in your suite ; however, we apologize that overall cleanliness of the room was not to your satisfaction. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will inspecting the rooms on a closer measure to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at spk2@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. Sincerely, Lindsey Nelson - Team Leader

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I checked in and they didn't have the room I had a reservation for. Did not have the rate advertised and quoted, but were happy to put me in a double room at additional cost. This stay cost me more than double the quoted monthly cost. I was here a month and they never seemed to have a single room during the entire stay. They preferred instead to save the rooms for guests only 1 or 2 nights. At a higher rate..of course.
The staff were impolite, not helpful and just purely lacking in any sort of customer service skills. Understandable considering the Management is the epitome of rude. In fact she treats customers so poorly it is understandable the other employees follow suit and probably receive kudos for bad behavior.
There was dog crap everywhere around the property.
Our mini refrigerator broke in week 2 and a replacement was never brought to the room after repeated requests. 3 weeks and still no replacement.
Housekeeping? There was non. However you are more than welcome to to borrow a vacuum if they feel like taking the time to get it for you.
We could get a bath mat only once during the stay. Could not get a new bedspread either.
The beds are the hardest, most uncomfortable beds I have ever attempted to sleep in
The parking lot is a haven for dealers and hookers are abundant, if that's your thing. I was approached more than once.
ENJOY!! AS FOR ME NEVER AGAIN!!!
BELIEVE ME THIS REVIEW ONLY SCRATCHES THE SURFACE OF WHAT IS WRONG HERE.

Room Tip: look at another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank brian h
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Staff were super nice and friendly - and that's the only positive thing I have to say. Not her fault that its a terrible hotel. Beds hard as a rock. Rooms super small - not livable for a family. Maybe would work for single or couple without kids. "Kitchen" is barely usable - no space to move around...very limited supplies. Internet slow and almost unusable. They give you the slowest speed for free & you have to pay for faster wi-fi. People hanging around outside all the time. Girl outside using payphone was always hanging around, bumming for a cigarette, etc. Did not feel like parking lot was secure or safe.

Room Tip: Spend more money and stay somewhere nicer. Experience is Not worth the savings.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Well we wont even start about how dirty the rooms were that is just a small item when the main thing is feeling safe at the hotel. Just trashy, had to leave our room for about 3 hours with the door open just to get rid of the pot smell from some jerk who felt the need to get high in the hotel. Was lied to at the front desk when we asked to be moved. I was told there was no other rooms by the clerk when moments later over herd a lady telling her husband there was a room available for them as they were passing by, when I asked the lady if she had reservations she said no. I wish I had read the reviews before staying at this poor excuse of a hotel.....

Room Tip: there is no good room just stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Baymont Inn & Suites Spokane Valley
Baymont Inn & Suites Spokane Val...
#10 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Ramada Spokane Valley
Ramada Spokane Valley
#1 of 1 in Veradale
Mirabeau Park Hotel
Mirabeau Park Hotel
#7 of 13 in Spokane Valley

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley? Share your experiences!