“Loved this hole-in-the-wall burger joint”

Thrifty Scotsman Drive-In
Ranked #22 of 191 Restaurants in Spokane Valley
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

We stopped here on our drive cross country and we were very pleased with the food, service, and the cost! My brother found this place on Urbanspoon and I'm glad we gave it a shot. My Scotsman burger (patty with ham) was $3.50 and my onion rings were some of the best I've had in forever. Word of caution they only accept cash, go to the bank if you don't have any because I highly recommend this place

2  Thank David C

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Good food, well priced, polite service. Too bad there's only one restaurant!!

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Reminds me of the ol dairy queens in 60's - foods good fresh & always fair in prices . They do make great burgers .

Reviewed 12 November 2009

I don't know, I suppose... I don't know why people make such a fuss over this totally pedestrian burger joint. I've been there twice, and it just doesn't move the meter. Last time I went with two of my kids. We each had a bacon cheese burger basket, and SPLIT a large strawberry shake. It was $28! How thrifty! And the feckless, bored counter woman couldn't have even cared less that we were there... You're better off going to Dick's downtown. Seriously...

1  Thank gcleff11
Reviewed 8 September 2009

It's amazing that Thrifty's is not on TripAdvisor yet. It's on Yahoo and Google travel and has great reviews with them. Hopefully you guys can add it.

Here's the skinny: They go under the radar, no advertisements, no big signs...just a small building in a run down area of Spokane Valley. They are a staple in the community and have been there for years!

The food: Awesome. Their shakes are thick and fantastic, I'm told the fish and chips are perfect, their fries and homemade tarter is to die for. Burgers are cooked perfectly...BUT...the reason you go to Thrifty's is the "Super Bacon". It's a double patty burger with a few strips of bacon on a soft poor-boy bun...you really don't know what they do to the thing to make it so good. There is the typical lettuce, tomato on it but they leave it dry for you to add the sauces you like. Famously, almost everyone adds their homemade tarter to the burger! It's absolutely amazing.

I've traveled all around this country and whenever a city professes to have "the best" bacon burger, I make sure to give it a whirl. Some have come close, but none have been better than the Super Bacon at Thrify's. In fact, I've actually had friends who have visited us on vacation from out of town who have actually come back later in life, not to see us, but to go have a Super Bacon!

So here's a tip: Go in (Cash only by the way)...ask for a 1) Super Bacon 2) Small Fry 4) Huckleberry Shake...come back to TripAdvisor and thank me later!!

12024 E Sprague Ave