“Very Good, but we are too far north to get excellent Mexican food”
Review of Rancho Viejo

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rancho Viejo
Ranked #19 of 188 Restaurants in Spokane Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Nelson, Canada
“Very Good, but we are too far north to get excellent Mexican food”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We really enjoyed our food here - fresh, good portions, good service. An improvement over another Mexican restaurant we tried, and certainly better than what I can typically get even farther north. I could not give it an 'excellent" score, as others have, because I was recently in Tucson where the flavours can be much more subtle.

We will be back to this restaurant - drove 10 miles to get to it instead of another closer one, and it was worth the drive.

• Visited September 2013

Whitefish, Montana
“Great Service and quality food”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Great service. Large menu and real food. The portions were large and the quality of the food was above average. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will return again on my next trip to Spokane.

• Visited August 2013
“Definitely will go back”
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

My husband refuses to give a 5 to anything, unless it is spectacular. That being said, great standard Mexican-American food. Nicely done, good flavor, tasty margaritas, and attentive service at a reasonable price. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited July 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Visit Rancho everytime I am in town”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I come to this restaurant every time I visit Spokane. I live in Alberta, Canada.
Love the food, great portions and giant margaritas...what's not to love! The staff is super friendly the food arrives fast and your never rushed. In fact I will be visiting this weekend!
If you love Mexican, go try it, you'll love it.

• Visited June 2013
Spokane Valley, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of my Regular Eateries.”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Rancho Veijo,

Easily the best Mexican restaurant in Spokane, great food, excellent friendly service, and good prices. I enjoy their chimichanga with a side of beans and sour cream. The atmosphere is pleasant and upbeat with either mariachi music or oldies playing softly.

For birthdays they bring out this Giant Sombrero and put it on your head and sing a mexican birthday song and take your picture with the hat, you Keep the picture :)

They have a fully stocked bar with multiple TV's to watch sports but not so loud you can't sit with friends or someone in particular and have a conversation. The drinks are made well and strong with very little wait time. Would definitely suggest their 36oz Margarita and a cheese crispy be split between 2 people, the food soaks up some of the alcohol and the sheer size of the margarita makes it so both people get a pleasant buzz.

Suggestion: Rancho Veijo Nachos and margaritas for monday night football :)

• Visited March 2013