“Redeemed itself completely!!!”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Pasco, Washington
“Redeemed itself completely!!!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

About two years ago i stayed at this hotel and had a truly AWFUL experience - wrote about it on Trip Advisor as I didn't want it to be repeated for others. I swore right then and there that I would not return until things had changed. Well, I had heard there were improvements....so I booked a trip for July 2013.

In a word: Wow! EVERYTHING about this stay either met or exceeded my expectations. The staff was one of the most professional I had ever encountered. Every request (and we had more than a few with young children) was met with a smile and a helping hand. Facilities were clean, breakfast was fresh and warm, and overall, it seemed the place had made tremendous progress since my last visit. Honestly, I cannot get over how every single member of the staff was 100% focused on meeting or surpassing our every need.

I've stayed at dozens of Residence Inns across the country and this recent stay in Spokane was among the best, ever. I am happy to be able to say that my previous review has been rendered obsolete. I will be returning in the future and I look forward to it!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank myklrl
Angela M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Spokane East Valley, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Good Afternoon,

I am so happy that we were able to redeem ourselves for your stay in July. We take every comment very seriously and we work with our staff to ensure the best service possible. We appreciate that you were willing to give us another try. We look forward to your next vacation and please let me know if there is anything that I can help you out with.

Angela Miller,
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We recently stayed 2 weeks in one-bedroom suites at the Marriott Residence Inns in Spokane Valley and the Century Ave. location in Mississauga. At both locations we were impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We enjoyed the pool and basketball courts at both locations. At the Spokane Valley location we also enjoyed biking and hiking along the beautiful, paved Heritage Trail beside the river, right behind the Inn. The hot breakfast was an added convenience.

The sofa bed mattress was so thin that we had to make a late night trip to Walmart to purchase some foamy mattresses to cover the springs.

There is a major ventilation problem at the Mississauga Residence Inn. Every night and morning cigarette smoke would circulate into our bathroom and bedroom. About halfway through our stay, a form letter was put under our door explaining that this was a non-smoking hotel. Yet guests and employees smoke just outside the exit doors beside the elevators. The ventilation intake may be sucking that smoke into the building, or the smoke may be coming from people smoking inside the building.

Our city has a bylaw prohibiting smoking for a distance of 5 meters from a doorway, window or air intake. I believe the Mississauga smoking bylaw distance is 9 meters.

The Spokane Residence Inn is a great family hotel, but not the Mississauga location.

Room Tip: Bring a foamy mattress if you plan to use the sofa bed.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jim2626
Good Afternoon,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a comment about our hotel in Spokane, Wa. We are very happy that we could provide you with a comfortable stay. We are working hard to make sure that our sofa beds are comfortable. We have bought foam pads to help out with this. We take each comment and use this as a tool to help us grow. We thank you, and look forward to the next time we can serve you here at the Spokane Valley, Wa location.

Angela
Director of Sales
Seattle, Wa
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed at this property for three nights in a two bedroom suite. Booked online and got a pretty decent rate using AAA discount. Way cheaper than booking connecting rooms at another property. We enjoy the Marriott and Residence Inn brand. This property was a pretty typical Residence Inn product. Layout was the same as many other Residence Inn's.
Check in was flawless. Was helped Kyle at the front desk. He had a great attitude and set the tone right away that our stay would be a good one. We were assigned a room on the top floor away from the Elevator as our Marriott profile requests. Very standard two bedroom room. Each room with a single queen bed (felt more like a double or fullsize) and a pullout sofa in the living room (more on that pullout sofa later). Rest of the room was typical. Two full baths, full kitchen and more than adequate for our family of four.
The kitchen ware was missing a few glasses, knives etc, but a quick call to the front desk remedied that problem. Kyle at the front desk personally rounded up the missing items and delivered them to our room. Outstanding customer service. Cooked a nice meal in the oven without any issues
Only bummer we really encountered was the horrible mattress on the pullout sofa. This mattress would not be suitable for any adult, or teenager. My 10 year old managed on it, but only after Kyle from the front desk saved the day with providing some additional bedding we used as padding to for the very noticeable springs that popped up all over the mattress. I suggest that if Marriott and the Residence Inn market the pull out sofa as an option to sleep on, they get these upgraded. I would dare to ask the GM or other employees if they would dare sleep a night on such an awful pull out sofa. I get they should not be like a regular bed, but this was beyond bad. Time for an upgrade.
The breakfast buffet was outstanding as was the one Thursday evening managers reception (meal) that was offered. Major compliments to Allyssa who worked in the breakfast and evening reception area. She was always working and was quick to help and provide a pleasant greeting. She had helped us with tips on attending Silverwood Theme Park on the Thursday we checked in, and followed up on Saturday to ask how our day was at the park. In addition, she was always busy doing something and willing to do the little things. Her efforts and positive attitude did not go unnoticed. If I were the GM, I would try and figure out a way to get her promoted to a spot behind the front desk where her customer service skills could really shine.
Daily housekeeping was outstanding as were our nights sleep. Huge pet peeve of mine is being woken up to hotel door slams. Didn't hear to many of those, even with a HS age baseball team staying at the property. Used the pool a few times and my kids enjoyed it. The HOT TUB was actually HOT for a change, but perhaps just a bit too hot? Keep in mind it was 90 outside, so sitting in a super HOT spa in an already hot Pool room didn't sound so great...
All in all I would stay at this property again. Quality staff would be the driver on us returning. I"m hoping by then, they have a solution for their sofa bed....Book here without hesitation, we would for sure return.

Room Tip: To avoid hearing folks walk around above you, request a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Donald D
Angela M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Spokane East Valley, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback. We appreciate all the positive feedback that you provided. We apologize for the inconvenience of the pull out sofa bed we are working on getting extra padding for all sofa beds, so that the springs will no longer be noticeable. We look forward to serving you in the future and don’t hesitate to give me a call if you need anything, (509)-892-9300 ext 2552.
Angela, Director of Sales
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Such a cute hotel. Lay out was great - just 3 stories high with central location of front desk. Plenty of parking right out front. Great pool for the kids. Great seating area with comfortable lounge chairs and couches at the front of the hotel for breakfast, sitting around the tv/fireplace and business. Close to the I90 but heard no road noise. Close to lots of shopping.
We stayed in a suite with a separate room with a queen bed and the bathroom. The main area had a larger pull out couch, a small eating area and a stove top, fridge, microwave and dishwasher. Super cute and cozy.
So why not s 5 right???? Drawbacks- although the queen bed was very comfortable, the pullout couch was ridiculously uncomfortable. The mattress was maybe 2 inches thick and filled with metal coils and very little cushioning. You could feel the metal bars of the frame of the bed no problem. It was so uncomfortable that my 70 lb 9 year old could not sleep on it. She opted to sleep on a sheet on the floor!! (we ended up taking the "mattress" off the couch bed frame and laying it directly on the floor - it was marginally better than laying on the floor). There were no extra pillows, no mattress cover or a fitted sheet. There was a flat sheet and a thin blanket.
The appliance package, although clean, were old, outdated and extremely loud. Definitely don't want to run the dishwasher when you are in the room.
The air conditioner was ridiculously loud. Every time it kicked in, it sounded like a train was going by outside the room window ..... no kidding .... The first time I heard it I checked out the window for a train.
The morning breakfast was ok - not really much more than continental quality. There were a few hot items but they weren't very fresh or tasty. There was a waffle maker which the kids really enjoyed though.
Too bad about the bed and noisy appliances. It was a cute and clean place with friendly folks. But being able to get a decent night sleep is always the priority when staying in a hotel and this one did not offer that. Perhaps a 2 bedroom suite with new appliances would be better??!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Maria B
Angela M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Spokane East Valley, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Good Afternoon Maria B,
First and foremost, Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know how we are doing here at the hotel. We strive to make each guest stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. We take all feedback as way to make our service better, and our product the top of the line. I want to thank you for all the positive feedback and I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you had while you were a guest in the hotel. We have, since your visit went and check the rooms air-condition units and we have worked to quiet all the units in the hotel rooms, and we are in the process of making sure all sofa beds are comfortable with foam pads, so that you won’t feel a thing. We are disappointed your time with us did not meet your expectations and look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Sincerely, Angela M, Director of Sales
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2013

An excellent stay at this wonderful property. Very clean and well laid out. Very friendly staff. Close to a major mall and not too far from downtown Spokane. Very convenient location off the Interstate but quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Good Afternoon,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of you schedule to post about your most recent stay with us here at the hotel. I am very happy that we could provide you the comforts of home while, making your stay comfortable. We strive to make each guest our family, while you are with us; I am glad that the staff took care of you during your stay. We look forward to serving you on future stay with us.
Angela Miller
Richwood, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We are always in hotels. Because we travel all the time for my husbands work. We were pleased eack day of our 3 month stay with this location. I had set up our reservation in advance with needing to be there an extended length of time, I wanted to be sure we had a room with a full kitchen. Oven included. But some how I had asked for the wrong room type. The day we checked in they were almost booked to the gills but still got rooms moved around so that we would not have to switch. Excellent customer service from ALL staff. The Manager has a passion for the property that is refreshing. We watched him literally put his own sweat into the maintenance of this property. The rooms were clean. A quiet location. River and path right behind the property. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank JStepanski
Good Afternoon Mr. & Mrs. Stepanski,

I want to Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay at the hotel was for you. We strive to make each guest feel at home, and become part of our family on all stays. We are glad that you enjoyed your extend stay with us, and apologize for the confusion on the room, but we empower our staff to make changes at a moment’s notice. We all strive to make our guest stays memorable, even down to the maintenance of the hotel property. We look forward to serving you on future stay here at the hotel.

Thank you and Have a great day!

Angela M Director of Sales
Portland, OR
Reviewed 9 July 2013

So, normally I don't care at all about curtains. Aesthetically, the curtains were actually pretty. But, they didn't close. Not as in they were broken. As in..... the curtain rods were designed so that they would not close. That was actually the design. They are not supposed to close. And there were lights outside that kept me awake much of the night. Really? What's with that choice?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Good Afternoon,

I want to Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us here at the hotel. I want to thank you on the compliment about our pretty curtains; we strive to make each room appealing and as close to home as possible. I want to apologize that your curtains were not able to keep out the lights out side. Since your visit we have now installed in all rooms black out blinds behind all curtains. I hope that we can serve you on your future stays, to show that we have corrected this for you.

Sincerely, Angela M, Director of Sales