“Great value”

Residence Inn Spokane East Valley
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
“Great value”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Spent two nights here while we were in the area. The room was spotless and well stocked. Unfortunately, the ceilings are a bit thin or our upstairs neighbors were louder than average as we could hear them every morning starting at 3am.

Front desk staff was fantastic and the free breakfast was surprisingly fresh, warm and tasty.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wadingmoose
Angela M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Spokane East Valley, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Good Afternoon,

We would like to Thank You for providing us very positive feedback. We take every comment to heart as it helps us exceed expectations every time. I am sorry that the neighbors above you were loud. We work on trying to keep everyone quite, and apologize for this.
We look forward to when we can serve you again in the future.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Mountainair, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a recent business trip to the area. We stay in a lot of Residence Inn properties across the US. This location is definitely a cut above most similar properties. They are within easy walking distance to muliple restaurants, grocery stores and the Spokane Valley mall.

The property itself is exceptionally clean and well maintained. Our room was large and spacious. The complimentary, high speed Internet was easy to use and had great bandwidth.

The staff were all friendly and accommodating. The morning breakfast was truly better than most. We stayed here four nights and every morning a different special hot item was offered on the buffet. We also were here several nights for the Manager's Receptions. With their great offerings it was not necessary to go out to dinner.

One of the nicest features of this property is its close proximity to the Spokane River and its hiking/biking trail. We were able to get in several nice walks along the river and the hotel also offers several bicycles for guest use.

We would definitely stay at this property again on a future visit to the area.

Room Tip: Enjoy the Spokane River walk.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TSchenk
Good Afternoon,

I want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on our hotel. Our hotel takes pride in make each guest feel like they are at home, were you can enjoy modern comforts, while away. We truly look forward to being able to serve you again in the future.

Crescent City, California
Reviewed 9 August 2013

In planning our trip was California to Montana I wanted to stay at a Marriott that would offer first class rooms and service, We found it at this Marriott. Dan checked us in with ease and we proceeded to go for a bike ride along the Spokane river located behind the hotel. We then had dinner at the hotel, which was hosted by Alissa, who was very polite, friendly and personable. Our breakfast was great and the whole experience was outstanding. We attempted to let the manager know about the great service provided by Dan and Alissa but he appeared uninterested. We intend to take our comments to a higher level. We normally do not compliment employees but these two young people deserve credit for their hospitality. we were unable to get a room for our return trip home. Would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: High floor was very quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeff3239
Angela M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Spokane East Valley, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review. Dan and Alyssa are a great asset to our hotel. I thank you for taking the time to recognize their talent with in the hospitality community, they are a rare find. I am truly happy that you were able to meet and interact with both individuals. Since, your review we have share your comments with the whole entire stay. We look forward to the time we may serve you again. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can help you with. (509)-892-9300 ext 2552.

Angela M
Pasco, Washington
Reviewed 6 August 2013

About two years ago i stayed at this hotel and had a truly AWFUL experience - wrote about it on Trip Advisor as I didn't want it to be repeated for others. I swore right then and there that I would not return until things had changed. Well, I had heard there were improvements....so I booked a trip for July 2013.

In a word: Wow! EVERYTHING about this stay either met or exceeded my expectations. The staff was one of the most professional I had ever encountered. Every request (and we had more than a few with young children) was met with a smile and a helping hand. Facilities were clean, breakfast was fresh and warm, and overall, it seemed the place had made tremendous progress since my last visit. Honestly, I cannot get over how every single member of the staff was 100% focused on meeting or surpassing our every need.

I've stayed at dozens of Residence Inns across the country and this recent stay in Spokane was among the best, ever. I am happy to be able to say that my previous review has been rendered obsolete. I will be returning in the future and I look forward to it!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank myklrl
Good Afternoon,

I am so happy that we were able to redeem ourselves for your stay in July. We take every comment very seriously and we work with our staff to ensure the best service possible. We appreciate that you were willing to give us another try. We look forward to your next vacation and please let me know if there is anything that I can help you out with.

Angela Miller,
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We recently stayed 2 weeks in one-bedroom suites at the Marriott Residence Inns in Spokane Valley and the Century Ave. location in Mississauga. At both locations we were impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We enjoyed the pool and basketball courts at both locations. At the Spokane Valley location we also enjoyed biking and hiking along the beautiful, paved Heritage Trail beside the river, right behind the Inn. The hot breakfast was an added convenience.

The sofa bed mattress was so thin that we had to make a late night trip to Walmart to purchase some foamy mattresses to cover the springs.

There is a major ventilation problem at the Mississauga Residence Inn. Every night and morning cigarette smoke would circulate into our bathroom and bedroom. About halfway through our stay, a form letter was put under our door explaining that this was a non-smoking hotel. Yet guests and employees smoke just outside the exit doors beside the elevators. The ventilation intake may be sucking that smoke into the building, or the smoke may be coming from people smoking inside the building.

Our city has a bylaw prohibiting smoking for a distance of 5 meters from a doorway, window or air intake. I believe the Mississauga smoking bylaw distance is 9 meters.

The Spokane Residence Inn is a great family hotel, but not the Mississauga location.

Room Tip: Bring a foamy mattress if you plan to use the sofa bed.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jim2626
Good Afternoon,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a comment about our hotel in Spokane, Wa. We are very happy that we could provide you with a comfortable stay. We are working hard to make sure that our sofa beds are comfortable. We have bought foam pads to help out with this. We take each comment and use this as a tool to help us grow. We thank you, and look forward to the next time we can serve you here at the Spokane Valley, Wa location.

Seattle, Wa
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed at this property for three nights in a two bedroom suite. Booked online and got a pretty decent rate using AAA discount. Way cheaper than booking connecting rooms at another property. We enjoy the Marriott and Residence Inn brand. This property was a pretty typical Residence Inn product. Layout was the same as many other Residence Inn's.
Check in was flawless. Was helped Kyle at the front desk. He had a great attitude and set the tone right away that our stay would be a good one. We were assigned a room on the top floor away from the Elevator as our Marriott profile requests. Very standard two bedroom room. Each room with a single queen bed (felt more like a double or fullsize) and a pullout sofa in the living room (more on that pullout sofa later). Rest of the room was typical. Two full baths, full kitchen and more than adequate for our family of four.
The kitchen ware was missing a few glasses, knives etc, but a quick call to the front desk remedied that problem. Kyle at the front desk personally rounded up the missing items and delivered them to our room. Outstanding customer service. Cooked a nice meal in the oven without any issues
Only bummer we really encountered was the horrible mattress on the pullout sofa. This mattress would not be suitable for any adult, or teenager. My 10 year old managed on it, but only after Kyle from the front desk saved the day with providing some additional bedding we used as padding to for the very noticeable springs that popped up all over the mattress. I suggest that if Marriott and the Residence Inn market the pull out sofa as an option to sleep on, they get these upgraded. I would dare to ask the GM or other employees if they would dare sleep a night on such an awful pull out sofa. I get they should not be like a regular bed, but this was beyond bad. Time for an upgrade.
The breakfast buffet was outstanding as was the one Thursday evening managers reception (meal) that was offered. Major compliments to Allyssa who worked in the breakfast and evening reception area. She was always working and was quick to help and provide a pleasant greeting. She had helped us with tips on attending Silverwood Theme Park on the Thursday we checked in, and followed up on Saturday to ask how our day was at the park. In addition, she was always busy doing something and willing to do the little things. Her efforts and positive attitude did not go unnoticed. If I were the GM, I would try and figure out a way to get her promoted to a spot behind the front desk where her customer service skills could really shine.
Daily housekeeping was outstanding as were our nights sleep. Huge pet peeve of mine is being woken up to hotel door slams. Didn't hear to many of those, even with a HS age baseball team staying at the property. Used the pool a few times and my kids enjoyed it. The HOT TUB was actually HOT for a change, but perhaps just a bit too hot? Keep in mind it was 90 outside, so sitting in a super HOT spa in an already hot Pool room didn't sound so great...
All in all I would stay at this property again. Quality staff would be the driver on us returning. I"m hoping by then, they have a solution for their sofa bed....Book here without hesitation, we would for sure return.

Room Tip: To avoid hearing folks walk around above you, request a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Donald D
Angela M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Spokane East Valley, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us valuable feedback. We appreciate all the positive feedback that you provided. We apologize for the inconvenience of the pull out sofa bed we are working on getting extra padding for all sofa beds, so that the springs will no longer be noticeable. We look forward to serving you in the future and don’t hesitate to give me a call if you need anything, (509)-892-9300 ext 2552.
Angela, Director of Sales
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Such a cute hotel. Lay out was great - just 3 stories high with central location of front desk. Plenty of parking right out front. Great pool for the kids. Great seating area with comfortable lounge chairs and couches at the front of the hotel for breakfast, sitting around the tv/fireplace and business. Close to the I90 but heard no road noise. Close to lots of shopping.
We stayed in a suite with a separate room with a queen bed and the bathroom. The main area had a larger pull out couch, a small eating area and a stove top, fridge, microwave and dishwasher. Super cute and cozy.
So why not s 5 right???? Drawbacks- although the queen bed was very comfortable, the pullout couch was ridiculously uncomfortable. The mattress was maybe 2 inches thick and filled with metal coils and very little cushioning. You could feel the metal bars of the frame of the bed no problem. It was so uncomfortable that my 70 lb 9 year old could not sleep on it. She opted to sleep on a sheet on the floor!! (we ended up taking the "mattress" off the couch bed frame and laying it directly on the floor - it was marginally better than laying on the floor). There were no extra pillows, no mattress cover or a fitted sheet. There was a flat sheet and a thin blanket.
The appliance package, although clean, were old, outdated and extremely loud. Definitely don't want to run the dishwasher when you are in the room.
The air conditioner was ridiculously loud. Every time it kicked in, it sounded like a train was going by outside the room window ..... no kidding .... The first time I heard it I checked out the window for a train.
The morning breakfast was ok - not really much more than continental quality. There were a few hot items but they weren't very fresh or tasty. There was a waffle maker which the kids really enjoyed though.
Too bad about the bed and noisy appliances. It was a cute and clean place with friendly folks. But being able to get a decent night sleep is always the priority when staying in a hotel and this one did not offer that. Perhaps a 2 bedroom suite with new appliances would be better??!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Maria B
Angela M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Spokane East Valley, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Good Afternoon Maria B,
First and foremost, Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know how we are doing here at the hotel. We strive to make each guest stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. We take all feedback as way to make our service better, and our product the top of the line. I want to thank you for all the positive feedback and I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you had while you were a guest in the hotel. We have, since your visit went and check the rooms air-condition units and we have worked to quiet all the units in the hotel rooms, and we are in the process of making sure all sofa beds are comfortable with foam pads, so that you won’t feel a thing. We are disappointed your time with us did not meet your expectations and look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Sincerely, Angela M, Director of Sales