“Things are changing”

Residence Inn Spokane East Valley
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel has gone through 3 sets of owners over the past 2 years. Finally the current ownership appears to know how to run the hotel The rooms are good and especially the beds are comfortable. The location is good for things to do and dining options. The only drawback has been the current ownership has increased there pricing. Probably necessary, but nothing a traveller wants to hear. The staff is courteous and goes out of its way to help people staying on the property

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Angela M, General Manager at Residence Inn Spokane East Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy schedule to contact us. I appreciate all your positive comments and will share with my staff. We strive to make every stay memorable and look forward to serving you in the future.

Angela Miller

Residence Inn by Marriott
Spokane, WA 99216
509-892-9300

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Spokane East Valley

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel about 4 times now and it is our hotel of choice when visiting Spokane. We have stayed in many hotels/motels worldwide over the years, some of them 5 star hotels with 5 star prices. We have experienced the good, the bad and the ugly. This hotel has been consistent in excellent comfort, cleanliness and service. I have not encountered any of the negative issues mentioned in earlier reviews with the exception that in a few of our previous stays, little things related to the cleaning such as forgetting to replenish the coffee or the dishwasher soap were encountered. Not this time. This stay is perfect. We booked a suite with a king size bed this time as we have found the standard beds in either the 1 or 2 bedroom suites a little small for us. It`s not that we are big but rather that we sleep in a king size bed at home and are used to it. We were very pleased with the room. We particularly like this hotel as it is very close to the walking/biking trail. During this 3 night stay, we found the room very quiet despite the fact that it appeared close to full. The staff are very nice and quite polite and are very accomedating. We will return this year for at least another 2 stays.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VernonBirdman
Angela M, General Manager at Residence Inn Spokane East Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write to us. I appreciate your positive comments and will share them with the staff at our daily huddle. We thank you for staying with us and that we were able to provide you the comforts of home. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in town.
Please let me know let me know if there is anything else I can help you with,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed for two nights on a business trip and I have no complaints. I always request the upper floor and it was so quiet. The only noise I heard was a few early morning risers at about 6am but since I had to get up early no big deal. The room was very clean and the best part was the king sized bed. It was very comfortable and the pillows were awesome. The heating/cooling unit was more like a house...not a cheap window cooler/heater but a unit that was inside a separate closet. It was very quiet and did not disturb my sleep when it came off/on. All else was great...kitchen, the bag of micro popcorn, the couch, the tv. The very worst thing was the dishwasher. It was SO loud but I turned it on when I left so no big deal. Oh yeah...the staff was VERY friendly, almost in a fake kind of way, but I'll take it. The evening snacks were not healthy but the grocery stores are right down the street. As is the mall :)

Room Tip: Choose the top floor. No noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Angela M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Spokane East Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Good Afternoon,

It is a pleasure to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate all the kind words that you have said, and we strive to make each guest feel at home. We are sorry about the noise dishwasher; we have had our maintenance attendant look at the dishwasher on properties to make sure we are correcting issues that may occur. We look forward to serving you again and please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you need anything else.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

First off this hotel has seriously let me down in the past, I've stayed several times and have had all kinds of problems. We were not planning on staying at this hotel but at the last minute my kids got sick so we elected to stay here due to the 2 room suites, I reluctantly booked this hotel and when we checked in I was pleasantly surprised, we got a 2 bedroom suite at check-in without a problem, the beds had been recently swapped out (Hotel has had a renovation) and were suprsingly comfortable, the front desk was on top of all of our requests with amazing speed, I told them I needed my room cleaned at a certain time, I left the room for a few minutes and when I returned our room had been cleaned, and actually cleaned quite well. One night the smoke alarm started chirping right after we put the kids down to sleep, the manager came to our room very quickly and swapped it out without waking anyone, I was shocked! Overall a great experience and worth a second look if you've not had a good experience here, great job!

Room Tip: Third Floor 2 bedroom suites are the best for traveling with family.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Angela M, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Spokane East Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Good Afternoon Chris E,

It is a pleasure to hear from you and Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a great review for our hotel. I am sorry that in the past you did not have the best experience in the past. We are very happy that you decided to give us a second try. We are always making new changes to our hotel. Our beds and internet were the first steps. We hope that we continue to see you here with us, and please let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

We look forward to seeing you soon again,

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We LOVE the Residence Inn chain... The rooms are spacious and very comfortable along with being homey. We stayed one night at the Residence Inn and had Grandkids over for the afternoon and evening with us. We were able to do a early check in to allow the kids to come swim and hang out with us. With the full kitchen in the two bedroom unit we were able to feed them dinner and send them home with the parents. We had a fabulous time and it was a mini vacation for us. The breakfast was great with the food being hot and delicious.The staff was very curtious meeting our needs and questions we had. Great group of people. We are hooked on Residence Inns.

Room Tip: The rooms were spacious and the two bedroom unit was so nice to have available to meet our needs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank froglag

Good Morning,

We appreciate that you took time out of your day to leave such positive feedback. I am so pleased that the grand-kids and you had a great time here at our hotel. We hope that we will see you soon in the future with your wonderful grand-kids, and we can show you all the great things that we offer to families. The two bedroom suites are on of the best attributes to a Residence Inn as I moved around a lot and that saved our family.

We look forward to seeing you soon,

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This property is kept extremely clean and fresh. Evening reception is awesome and breakfast in the morning has a good variety. Rooms are spacious and are bright and cheeful. All staff are extremely helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: I prefer the higher floors but this is in a quiet area
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Norm S

Good Morning Norm S,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott for you lodging needs. I want to thank you for you positive feedback. We are always looking to hear how we are doing as our goal is to provide memorable stays. Our housekeeping staff works hard to make sure our property is in top shape. We look forward to having you again in the future, and please let me know if there is every anything we can do for you.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Spent two nights here during a very quick trip for NCAA DII Cross Country Nationals. Clean room and friendly staff. Hot breakfast every day was a nice way to start the day!! We are already planning to return when we can stay for a longer time and make use of the bike trail behind the property.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the property have a view of the Spokane River and the bike/fitness trail.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Teresa C

Good Morning Teresa,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post such kind words about our property and staff. We offer a great service during our summer months were we have bikes available for use during their stay for trail rides. Our goal is to have every guest have a memorable experience, and are very thrilled to see you again soon in the future.

Please let me know when you are back in the area, I would love to set your reservation up for you.

Thank you, and have a great day!