“Good place to stay - one of the nicer La Quinta Inns”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Spokane Valley
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while helping a family member locally. The hotel proved to be a nice retreat. The staff is very friendly. I liked our room through we're Elite Rewards Members and didn't get an upgrade, though I think we would have if a suite had been available. The two drawbacks of this hotel are the bathrooms and the workout areas. La Quinta Inns don't seem to be known for their work out areas. They didn't have much equipment available. This hotel though, like I said, has very friendly staff. There's also a nice area where they serve breakfast, which I think is new or refurbished. There is lots of parking in front and in back. They have fresh cookies available in the evening, which is very nice and a homey touch. Last time we were there we had a suite with a jacuzzi, very close to the exit but that was during a time when the hotel wasn't as busy. They have good wi-fi access and a business center. I'd recommend this hotel. Families seem to like it, too. Our second night was very expensive, almost two hundred dollars, but that was due to some basketball tournament going on at the time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DTM46
Michelle L, Public Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear DTM46,

Thank you for taking the time to share a very thoughtful review of La Quinta Spokane. We're glad to hear that you appreciate the La Quinta staff who is here 24/7 to help you in any way shape or form! We're also happy to hear that you enjoy the newly renovated lobby and breakfast area, the generous amount of parking we have available, and the freshly baked cookies in the evening.

In the not so busy months (January/February) we will be renovating all of our guest bathrooms to include granite tub surrounds, new tubs, tile, and fixtures, as well as granite vanities and new fixtures in the vanity area. We're VERY excited about the renovation as we believe you will enjoy the upgraded amenities.

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to La Quinta and to our property. We will always try to upgrade our "Elite La Quinta Returns" members whenever possible!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with others!

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Spokane Valley

A TripAdvisor Member
Eugene, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Everything was great. Management and staff were helpful and polite. Would stay again if in Spokane area. I was attending a wedding. The industrial part of town was not my ideal location but easy acces to Freway, shopping center etc. made was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you so much for your positive review of La Quinta Spokane! We are glad that you chose to stay with us during the wedding you were attending. It's great to hear that our easy access to shopping and I-90 was perfect during your stay. We appreciate your thoughtful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to your lovely home away from home!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

The location was slightly difficult to find since it's hidden from the main road amongst an industrial/business area. There's a mailbox across the street if you need to send any letters/postcards. Not many choices in food, but a mall nearby with a small selection of eateries in the food court.

The lobby was in the midst of completing their renovation. It had a modern contemporary feel to it, but a little more attention to the rooms might be beneficial. The staff was nice and cordial. There is complimentary parking on the property, but with limited amount of spaces available.

Breakfast was so-so with the minimum usual. The room was fairly clean, but had damages to the wall & bathroom door (probably due to a dog that was kept there by a guest). No hair conditioner or lotion. It's spacious with a king bed room. A dining set was also included (rare). A microwave and mini fridge was provided. Although the room had a strange smell, it was quiet and decent. Not worth $90/a night though...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle L, Public Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Tina G,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review of La Quinta Spokane! We appreciate all of your feedback as it will help us improve our property. We are happy to hear that you found the USPS, FedEx, and/or UPS boxes across the street as convenient mailing options! We are also glad that you enjoyed the new contemporary lobby, your spacious guestroom, and the microwave and mini refrigerator in the room.
We have 100% completed the first phase of our renovation, with the second phase beginning the *late* fall, early winter. We apologize if the renovation was an inconvenience during your stay and we're very happy for it to be completed now!
The next time you're here, we want you to know that we have complimentary lotion and hair conditioner conveniently available at the front desk along with a large slew of other items you may have left at home. We are happy to offer you anything we have!
Also, you may or may not have noticed that we have three large parking areas available - the one in front, one on the west side, one in back, and a large dirt lot to the east which is for semis, trailers, and buses. It is rare, but we can fill all the spots from time to time and we apologize for the inconvenience.
We sincerely apologize for the damages and strange odor in your guestroom. During the housekeeping process we document any and all room issues for maintenance to address ASAP! We apologize they had not yet been taken care of prior to your visit. We want your stay to be 100% perfect each and every time! Please, please, please, contact me with any further information about your stay that will help us improve our hotel. We appreciate all of your feedback!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Been staying here for years and man was I floored when I walked in the door last week. Actually, even just driving up was neat. They've completely redone the exterior with stone. I've been begging for automatic doors at the entryway and they've done it! Like they say in the Windows ads, that was my idea. :) Moving on, they've combined the lobby and breakfast area into a large open area with all new furniture. The former rustic look was homey and I enjoyed it, but the new style just looks fantastic. Lots of comfortable seating, modern decorations, and an overall great atmosphere.

Breakfast area looks great with a neat white granite on all the counters and tables. Food quality was great as always. I think they've increased the variety, but I can't say for sure. I saw egg patties that actually looked like eggs (distinct yolk and white portions!), sausages, yogurt, oatmeal, cereals, a couple juices, pastries, oatmeal, and of course, my favorite, the fresh waffles. I don't drink coffee, but I did see a new coffee service area with creamers and lots of teas.

I saw other folks working in the lobby / breakfast areas in the evening and it looked like a good idea so I decided to work there instead of in my room like I usually do. A little bit of a coffee shop atmosphere. They just need to add some music. Being close to the free cookies was a plus. Wifi worked well once you got connected, but the login was pretty annoying. I had to watch an ad and type in a phrase from the ad to get connected. Annoying. I’d prefer just a normal password or even better, no login at all. Chatted with a fellow working a couple tables over and it turned out to be the owner! Nice guy. He explained that they’re not quite done yet with more decorations and furniture on the way and will be updating the guest rooms in the winter.

Same great staff has been here for years and they’ve always taken great care of me. I’m definitely looking forward to coming back next time through Spokane.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Quentin R

Dear Quentin R,
We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback about La Quinta Spokane! We just finished the first phase of our renovation a couple weeks ago! We are happy to hear that you enjoy the new modern decor in the lobby, the new stone exterior and automatic doors, as well as our FREE Brightside breakfast! We will continue to upgrade items throughout the property as time goes on. Late in the fall, early winter we will be remodeling all guest bathrooms which will include granite showers, vanities, and new tile all around. Next year, this place will look like a brand new hotel inside and out!
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Spokane.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

The rooms are big & the beds & pillows are great. It was very clean, and the AAA rate made this a super deal for us. Location was industrial, and there's some nasty construction on the street outside the hotel. The bathroom was spartan - separate sink area and a really small tub/showere combo that was a bit scary to step out of. I agree that the breakfast was absolutely sub par. To start with, they end it at 9AM, which seemed a bit early compared to other hotels such as Best Western. The egg patties didn't look great, so I passed. But my biggest complaint was the really cheap plastic-ware - I could barely cut my waffle with the crummy knife and fork supplied. Upgrade needed here! There was a very friendly, helpful lady working in the breakfast area. And the front desk people were outstanding too. Cookies at check in were yummy. Nice microwave, half frig. Wi fi annoying, because you had to sign in each time and suffer through some ads for Windows. But nice table in the room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelLightOften
Michelle L, Public Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear TravelLightOften,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at La Quinta Spokane with your fellow travelers! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean room, in room amenities, the comfortable bed and pillows, our excellent service staff, and our freshly baked cookies in the evening.

Since your stay, we have upgraded our plastic ware and flatware to stronger more durable products due to guest comments like yours. As we complete our renovation, we are giving our entire breakfast bar a makeover to ensure better quality overall. We believe the most important part of your day is breakfast and we want it to be perfect!

As for our bathrooms, we've moved their renovation to September this year as the first part of our renovation took longer than expected. We will be replacing the tub surround and vanity with new granite, tiling the "foyer" to the room and the bathroom with new tile, as well as updating the appliances. During this time, you won't even know it's happening.

We apologize for the construction on Sullivan Road. It is to be completed on June 7th. They are making it more pleasing to drive down for our beautiful warm season!

We hope that you if find your way through Spokane again later this year, you are able to come enjoy our new look!

(412) 407-7567

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We spent several nights at this property. It was nice but I really wish that somehow the hotel would let you know when you book rooms with them that they are in the middle of a remodel. They were still able to accommodate us and everything was available. ie pool, breakfast etc. It was just a little bit of a pain. The beds were good and the staff was friendly. We did have one suite with a pull out bed and it was not comfortable. We ended up using a blow up mattress instead.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hmcallister

Dear hmcallister,

Thank you for choosing the La Quinta Spokane. We are delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our heated indoor pool, and FREE Brightside Breakfast amenities! We do sincerely apologize that the pull out sofa bed was uncomfortable. We are taking measures to have mattress toppers available for you and our other guests.

We believe you'll be pleased to know that our renovation is 90% complete! In just a few weeks time our new beautifully modern look will be in place for you to enjoy. We apologize that we missed informing you about the remodel before you arrived. We do hope you come back soon to see what we've done with the place!

(412) 407-7567

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I like La Quinta, stay there a lot. Generally nice properties and good value.

My recent stay in Spokane was disappointing. The property is in an industrial park, although the freeway and Spokane Valley Mall are only a mile away. Still, not a great location.

The property is being renovated, which will be nice in the end. For me though it meant a temporary entrance, a bare lobby, work trucks blocking my car in the lot and dust and noise all day long. My bad luck.

The staff was very friendly, but the property seemed just a bit below standard. It was clean but not sparkling clean. The carpet and furniture were worn and sliding toward shabby. The breakfast was also adequate but just a touch under the usual standards.

In all fairness maybe things will be different after the remodel . I am unlikely to stay at that property again however, primarily due to the location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tdiggins

Dear tdiggins,

We appreciate your positive comments about the La Quinta Spokane and we understand our location was not optimal for you. We also apologize that our renovation at the time was inconveniencing. Since your stay, all of the main work has been finished (new tile, painting, carpets, automatic doors, and most of the masonry on the front of the building). We have received most of our modern, colorful furniture and design elements which will make our La Quinta unique! The renovation will be completely finished before Hoopfest! We're very excited.

Our breakfast is getting a full makeover as well. We hope that if you return, you enjoy our new breakfast much more.

We are glad you gave us a try and thank you for having done so.

(509) 893-0955

La Quinta Inn & Suites Spokane North
My Place Hotel - Spokane, WA
My Place Hotel - Spokane, WA
#5 of 13 in Spokane Valley

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Spokane Valley? Share your experiences!