“Conveniently located with decent amenities”

Mirabeau Park Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed at the Mirabeau through Priceline. We got a wonderful deal. It was the nicest place we stayed on our vacation and the cheapest, by far. (Thanks Priceline!) Since this is a convention center, it probably is fairly busy during the week. We stayed on a Saturday night and enjoyed the hotel. The room was nicely, and probably recently, re-decorated and the restaurant was much, much better than we anticipated. We had a nice breakfast there and the waitress was outstanding. Very good service.

This hotel is conveniently located off the interstate. It does take a while to get to downtown Spokane, unfortunately.

Downsides: The bar seems to be a local hot spot. We were far enough from the front of the hotel that the noise didn't bother us much (we turned on the fan to drown out the noise.) I strongly suggest that weekend travelers request a room as far away as possible from the bar.

Note about the fitness center for the hotel: I am picky about fitness centers. This was a decent one. The equipment was nice and it was well-lit and had a window (some fitness centers look like dark, crowded closets.) I commend you for having strength training equipment instead of just a treadmill and bike. However, the temperature was much too warm. It's not OK to have the thermostat frozen at 70-72 degrees in a fitness center!!! 60 degrees feels great when you are exercising. Even a couple fans would have helped. I propped open the door and it didn't help. Also, you need to have TV controllers. There were none. Please supply one fitness mat, if possible. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2011

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay on your recent vacation and especially that we made the top of your list for accomodations. Thanks for the nice comments regarding the restaurant staff, I have already passed this along to our morning team. I will look into the fitness center comments and see if we can make some improvements ther.

See you on your next trip!
Reagards,
Andy Rooney

Reviewed 27 July 2011

I found this hotel through one of Expedia's secret sales. The price for my room was great. When I arrived to check in the front desk person was cheerful, helpful and personable. She noted that I was traveling alone and upgraded my room from a two-queen room to a single king. She was so excited about the upgrade that I was too! She reviewed all the amenities and showed a clear map of the pools, exercise rooms, etc.

The grounds were very clean and the lobby is very nicely appointed. The layout of the hotel is a bit confusing and I got a little lost on my way to the room. I ended up walking up the stairs and down a couple of hallways before finding my way. I don't feel that this was the staff's fault at all but better signage might have helped.

The room was clean and quiet and overlooked the back courtyard area. It was really a lovely view for a relaxing evening. The room was not as updated as I am accustomed to and honestly looked a little old. The TV was the big, bulky type with a super crackly picture. The bed looked dated but was very comfortable. Unlike many hotels, WIFI was free and did not require a password or credit card information. It was fast and reliable and easy to use.

I ordered room service for dinner and it arrived quickly. There was a mistake in my order (a special request was not completed correctly) but I had a replacement meal within minutes. The staff were friendly, accommodating and very apologetic of the error. I ordered a simple burger and fries but unfortunately the fries were burned and pretty charred tasting.

Overall, I had a pleasant and relaxing experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Dear Sunie9

Thank you for the kind comments regarding our team and property, and for the constructive items as well. It seems that you had an enjoyable stay and I am pleased that we were able to accomodate you. We are in the process of updating all of our signage to make the directions more guest friendly. My apologies for the room service mishap.

Regards,
Andy Rooney

Reviewed 27 July 2011

When I checked in I was impressed by the hotel lobby area and staff. When we got to our room I was very disappointed in the room. We were placed at the back of the hotel and the rooms just had "an old" feel to them.
However, after taking a walk around I realized they were in the process of a refurbishment and even had a bank of rooms closed for remodeling. I got the room through Priceline and figure that's why we were placed in the older area.
All of the staff we came across were very friendly and helpful.
I would stay there again and look forward to seeing the finished remodel job.

• Stayed: July 2011

Thank you for your recent stay. I'm glad that you are please with the progress that we are making with our remodel. All of the team here is working diligently in making the Mirabeau Park Hotel the best it can be. Please see us again soon and ask for me I'd be maore than happy to show you the progress.

Thanks,
Andy

Reviewed 20 July 2011

We come here year after year being part of a group. As always the hotel met our expectations. The bed provides more than an adequate night's sleep and rooms were clean. The restraurant was excellence as always. The hotel's layout is quite confusing but after many years we finally got the hang of it. Where we were staying the path out to the front did eventually lead us to stairs. It was just very inconvenient having to driving around to the front, being of older age stairs were quite difficult. Staff for the most part were excellent and did help with luggage. However, a great pet peeve we encountered was that of the front desk staff. The young lady Kate appeared to have trouble checking us in, maybe because she was on her cell phone and seemed rather preoccupied with that instead of providing us with a speedy and efficient check in, and after being quite exhaused and just wanting to get to our room. Overall, our stay was pleasant and like said before most of the stuff were very welcoming and accomodating.

Room Tip: Get a room by the front desk on the first floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank navymom54
Andy-Rooney-1, Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Dear navymom54
Thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts regarding your stay. We very much appreciate your input and your comments will help us continue to improve our service. We look forward to the opportunity to be of service in the future.
Sincerely, Dragan Sarenac, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 16 July 2011

Kate at the front desk went above and beyond any expectation
Room was great, appeared recently remodeled
Super Comfy beds

Room Tip: I prefer the upper floors, then nobody is above you.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Dear JJREB
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your visit with us. At Mirabeau Park hotel we endeavor to provide our guests with a world-class lodging experience and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards, Andy Rooney, General Manager

Reviewed 9 July 2011

My friend and I came to Spokane for the 4th of July weekend and stayed in this hotel, which we purchased through Priceline. It looked beautiful, the beds were comfortable, the staff were very friendly and accommodating, and the food was delicious. However, we came back to our room after housekeeping had been there and found toiletries of a sexual nature which we did not bring with us and which were not there when we left for the day, as well as a dirty hand towel covered with hair. After bringing this to the attention of the staff, they offered us meal vouchers for 6.50 off our lunch the next day. We felt the room should have been refunded, but the general manager was out of town for the holiday so we had to wait to speak with him. After several unsuccessful attempts to contact him and several promises that he would call us back, nearly a week later we are giving up. We will no longer patronize this hotel or its affiliates; the uncleanliness of the room and housekeeping staff is disgusting, but the lack of customer service in unpleasant matters like this is worse.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank verissimopro
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Rest assured that we do not condone this at our hotel. We take every guest’s concerns very seriously and we are working thoroughly to resolve this incident to closure.

Reviewed 7 July 2011

A friend and I were traveling through Spokane on our way to Vancouver, B.C. I had booked this hotel through Hotwire and was absolutely amazed at the lovely accommodation for the price. We chose to stay in Spokane an additional night and will definitely consider staying here again whenever in the area. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room backed onto the courtyard. Lovely! Go to the restaurant Max!! Delicious!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay at the Mirabeau park Hotel. Many thanks for leaving your complimentary review on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back again soon!
Yours sincerely