“Great hwy rest stop”

Mirabeau Park Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 20 September 2011

A functional hotel off of the I-90. I have stayed here a couple of times, and it was a simple rest stop on both occasions. The price is right, and the staff are outgoing. A couple of points of note - it is a rat's maze. When they offer a map when you check in - take it! And pay attention to the directions. If they suggest driving from the check in at the front to your wing - make the commute. It is a vast building and if you have heavy bags, you may be lugging them quite a distance if you opt out of their advice.

Room Tip: Haven't been disturbed by road noise, but they seem to be regularly doing renos...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Andy-Rooney-1, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Dear permanent_vacation42
Thank you for the kind comments regarding our team and property, and for the constructive items as well. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2011

This hotel is okay for some people but didn't work out for me. The hotel is in a great location close to the freeways, mall, plenty of places to eat, gas stations etc. The front desk staff was outstanding. I was accidentally given a pet room even though (because of allergies) I requested a no pet, non-smoking room. They gave me a free up grade without me even complaining about the mix up. They also have a great place to eat (and have drinks) that has live entertainment on the weekends. They claim it is family friendly and during the day I would agree but at night its pretty much a bar crowd (a tame one) but not a place I would want my kids. The hotel also have a lovely heated outdoor pool and hot tub which is great.
My problem is that the hotel is in serious need of updating. My room although nice (with a micro/fridge/ 2 sinks/balcony) smelled musty. I am not sure what the odor was but it was awful for my allergies. The bathroom was lovely and updated but I have long hair and the water pressure was so bad I could barely get the shampoo out of my hair. :( My husband was fine with this hotel, he has short hair and no allergies and he thought it was okay. However, he also said he thought it only deserved a 2 star rating and that he thinks it would have been a great place in the 70's or 80's. It was clean and the staff was nice. The bed was just okay, not bad, not good. The other odd thing is that they didn't have a elevator that I am aware of. It was no problem for us but with luggage and everything I would think most people would want a elevator.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear shari246
Thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts regarding your stay. We very much appreciate your input and will utilize the information as we strive to improve our service.
We are currently renovating an entire wing of our hotel, which we anticipate being completed by the end of this year. Our renovation activities will continue until we have renovated all guest rooms. As you pointed out in your post, there are many positive aspects to staying at the Mirabeau Park Hotel and we are very proud of our property. I would invite you to return to Mirabeau Park Hotel and stay in our Executive Wing, which is an example of the renovation projects we are undertaking. Also for clarification, there is an elevator in the wing adjacent to the where you stayed that provides easy access to a 75% of our guest rooms. We appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you in the future.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Great stay. Very nice room with amenities. We had a king suite with separate sitting room,nice tv, microwave, refridgerator, and bar to eat at. Wonderful outdoor pool and spa. The restuarant, THe Max was awesome! Try the squash soup. It is delish! Only downside is the rooms facing the freeway can pick up some noise.

Room Tip: Try to get a courtyard facing room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear _____________Thank you very much for your kind words about Mirabeau Park Hotel and MAX at mirabeau.I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Sincerely, Andy Rooney, General Manager

Reviewed 4 September 2011

This hotel is located right off the I-90, near pleanty of shopping and restaraunts. It is a large hotel that has been renovated. There is an outdoor pool and hot tub, and a workout room. There is plenty of free parking. Shopping is within walking distance, Ross, Walmart, toys R us, Dress Barn, to name a few.

• Stayed: September 2011
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Dear Travelers_Five
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your visit with us. At Mirabeau Park hotel we endeavor to provide our guests with a world-class lodging experience and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards, Andy Rooney, General Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2011

We have stayed here several times before and again this year it was awsome. The people were great and took care of us as they always do when we travel here to go to Silverwood. Our son is special needs and they accomadate him beyond belief. Next year we will be back for a week,

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Andy-Rooney-1, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

Dear nickandcoco,
Thank you very much for your kind words about Mirabeau Park Hotel.
Please say Hello and give big hug to your son.
We hope to see you and your family next year.
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Good value for what we paid on Priceline. We got an "updated", but not fully renovated room. However, the staff was rude and would not put us in upgraded room due to purchase on Priceline. Very large hotel close to freeway and fast food.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank SWRUSA
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Was a great hotel for our family of five. My kids loved the pool and the hotel itself has a small resort feel to it. Beautifuly kept grounds. My husband and I enjoyed the drink specials at the beautiful lounge area.
The hotel has some of the most comfortable beds we've ever stayed in. The rooms are spotless and we would stay again. Its location is ideal --right across the freeway to Spokane valley mall, and right beside Kohls and walmart.
Also a huge thank you to the housekeeping dept for mailing back an item we had left behind in our room. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Mr. 3mdhowe you are more then welcome.
Thank you for taking the time to review Mirabeau Park Hotel.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Also thank you for your comments regarding your stay.
We are pleased to have provided you with a pleasant lodging experience.
Sincerely, Dragan Sarenac Front Desk Manager