“THE BEST!!”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“THE BEST!!”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Room was immaculate... Food was excellent... The Staff: Personable, helpful and never in too much of a hurry to answer a question. Easy to find... Check-in was quick.
Like ,most business travelers, you assume all hotels are the same, they just change the art work hanging on the wall - Not so with Mirabeau Park Hotel.
Will be doing a lot of business in Spokane over the next year: have stayed at the Davenport, but from here on in, I'll be choosing Mirabeau Park!

Room Tip: Ask for any room in the 1100's
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
BC
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after searching for an available room all day on this Graduation weekend. They had a "king" room left so we took it for our family of 4. The staff kindly brought us 2 cots so we could all be comfortable. The room was plenty big for everything and the finishes were beautiful.
We ordered pizza from the restaurant and enjoyed every bite!

• Stayed May 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Property is close by the freeway and easy to find. Check in was easy. We got one of the fully updated "Executive" rooms. Very nice, but there were some things wrong. The bed had a pillow-top mattress that was SOOO soft, I had to work to crawl out. Doors to the adjoining rooms were not very soundproof. For the size of the room, the bathroom was tiny. Very nice shower, though. When we checked in, somehow, we were grouped with the Special Olympics event that was going on. We got breakfast buffet vouchers for our two night stay. I thought it was something everyone got, but I guess I was wrong. Breakfast was supposed to go from 6:00 - 8:30am. I thought it was a little early to cut off breakfast, but got to the restaurant at 8:00. I was told that the buffet was in the large banquet room. When we got there, it looked almost deserted, and they were breaking down the tables from a HUGE group. We thought we were out of luck for breakfast, but finally someone saw us looking forlorn and told us they were still serving. We got food that had been sitting out for quite a while - scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage, fruit. It was only OK, since it had been out for a while. I would not have liked eating with 300+ others in the Special Olympics group only because of the shear numbers. I was a little put off by the fact that we were eating in a space where there were a dozen workers milling around us working on breaking the whole event down. Next day, there was no huge banquet, so we had the a la cart selections in the restaurant, but now, we're in the restaurant, and w were expected to tip - so much for a FREE breakfast. The whole property feels like it may be stuck in the late '70's, considering the dark earth tones used to decorate. The pool looked nice, but never had a chance to try it. The hall outside our room was very noisy, with the surge of Special Olympics folks going to breakfast at 6:00am. Lots of outlets in our room for charging phones, tablets, cameras, iPods, etc. I didn't feel that the parking lot was particularly secure - when we checked in there was a group of four young men hanging out around a car, eyeballing us as we unloaded our things. It made both my wife and I really nervous. We were there for a family anniversary celebration, there at the hotel. The service was top notch, and the food was VERY good. Don't know, for sure, what the catering rates were like, as I wasn't the one coordinating the event. Didn't try the bar, but heard others in my party mentioning the mixed drinks were pretty good. Overall, a nice place with friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: They have lots of ground floor rooms (ours was one). All rooms have a sliding glass door. Security w...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SKPeterson
Troy, Montana
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I had the great pleasure of staying here last Friday evening. My reservation was handled expertly by Marcia, who ALWAYS takes great care of me. I, for one, like that personal touch and will be booking two more rooms today for some upcoming trips to Spokane. Marcia even mentioned to me that they had a large group event going on BEFORE I made my reservation - that is service - she was more concerned about me having a good stay than about booking the room to me.
Check in was efficient and friendly. I was in one of the renovated rooms and it was spotless, not just clean, but spotless - I could not find a single thing that could have been cleaner. The beds are wonderful, the hvac even has a fan only setting. I did not hear any noise from the road once I put that on. Note that this is not directly on the interstate, but off of a smaller road. I did hear some rude people yelling to each other in the hallway just after six in the morning, but that is not the fault of the hotel - why do people not think to be considerate, especially so early on a weekend morning.
Breakfast from Max was excellent with the usual flawless service.
Is this hotel brand new, no. Do they care and do they have staff that are well trained, absolutely! I have stayed in a number of properties within ten miles or so of this hotel and I will not be wasting my time at those other chains again.
Check out included a polite professional response to my forgetting to do something - there was no attitude, other than helpfulness.
OK, I have to say this here as I have said it to the staff when they asked me how things were. I have stayed at the Four Seasons and the service here is better - really, it is.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeanie W
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Thank you so much for your positive input! It is very rewarding to hear that every department met your expectations, from check-in, room cleanliness and comfort and in the MAX restaurant as well. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Spokane Valley.
my97offroad
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

We Booked Online And Were A Little Skeptical Before We Arrived. Once Here We Were Pleasantly Surprised By The Friendly Staff, The Free Upgrade And The Room Which Allowed Us To Park Our Vehicle Righ Outside Of Our Sliding Glass Door. Pool Was Very Much Enjoyed By Our Kids And Hot Tub Was Nice As Well. This Is An Older Property But From The Looks Of It They Are Upgrading Things All The Time!

• Stayed April 2013
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thank you for your positive input in regards to our property! At the Mirabeau Park Hotel, we strive to go above and beyond the expectations of our guests. We are so very happy that you and your family enjoyed their stay while they were with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Lobby front end and restaurant very nice but thats it. Room more like a 70's era motel with the horrible old TV (no flat screen) that one couldn't even read the basketball scores on from your bed. We had an upgraded room on the 1st Floor that went out to a patio and the parking lot, requiring one to keep the shades shut. We had drinks and food at Max's a very nice on premise restaurant that was great, with nice happy hour prices after 9PM. Front Desk staff was very nice. Room had an odd odor to it like mildew/musty. Decor dark but bathroom very nice. Refrigerator & Microwave in room.

Room Tip: Request a renovated room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cougshela
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Dear Cougshela,
We are in the process of an extensive renovation and when it is complete all of our guest rooms will have flat screen TVs and updated decor. Please request an upgrade to one of our recently renovated rooms when you next visit us.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 March 2013

On my recent business trip to Spokane, Wash I had the opportunity at Mirabeau Park Hotel & Convention Cener. What a delightful place!

The hotel has been updated and is very nice with excellent attention detail. Max Lounge offered tremendous meals and a nice place to meet with and hang out with clients. I stayed in a renovated room and slept well in a supercompfy bed and quiet room. Hotel is very clean and nice. Hotel staff is very friendly and service oriented.

My next business trip to Spokane, I will stay again at Mirabeau Hotel & Convention Center

- Brian (Seattle, Wash)

Room Tip: Pick a renovated room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian S
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Brian S.
We are pleased to have provided you with a pleasant lodging experience.Thank you very much for your kind words about Mirabeau Park Hotel and we are looking forward to see you again soon.