“Convenient and Comfortable”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
College Place, Washington
“Convenient and Comfortable”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I've used this hotel a number of times for conferences and have always had a good experience...this last week was no different. Good location, good food, great room at a good price and very helpful staff. The 2 Queen-bed rooms are big, clean and very well appointed. The room service is very punctual and the high speed internet works well with no problems. The beds are A-#1 and the room faced the courtyard and was very quiet. The Max restaurant has a good selection and everything I've ordered has been excellent. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
We value highly our guests who visit us year after year. Thank you for your loyalty and thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through priceline for a very low rate...so low that I did not expect the excellence of this hotel! Many great things to say about this hotel:
The staff was so polite and friendly! Every staff member greeted us with a smile. Expect resort-quality service if you book here!
The room was fantastic: granite countertops, tile shower/bath. Super-soft beds with fabulous down pillows. Nice-sized balcony was another unexpected luxury that we enjoyed. Only thing odd was that the TV was not a flat-screen, but I'm sure these will be added very soon.
The hotel has a great ambience: weird to say, but its a very sexy hotel. lol The lobby has a gorgeous chandelier and contemporary touches. The grounds are beautiful and well-maintained. The outdoor pool/hot tub is open year-round which is accommodated by its heated deck.
Our experience at this hotel was outstanding. I am truly shocked at what a good deal I got, but I would even pay the standard rate to stay here again. It's easily the nicest 3 star hotel I've ever stayed at. Between the great staff, very nice rooms, outdoor pool, and great atmosphere, it feels like you're at a resort!

• Stayed April 2013
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We personally strive to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable upon arrival and throughout the duration of their stay. We are very grateful that you chose our hotel and that we were able to meet all of your needs. We look forward to serving you in the future. See you soon!
Augusta, Montana
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stopped on an overnight travel. Picked this hotel, as it is next to interstate. It is a spacious, well-maintained hotel/conference center with a definite '60's' vibe to it. The staff was helpful, it had adjoining restaurant/bar, pool, exercise room and even though it is next to the interstate, it was quiet and restful. Large parking lot, and close to other restaurants/shopping center. A good choice for us.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I apologize that we did not meet your and our expectations during your stay. Be assured that we are committed to providing you a most exceptional lodging experience. A would appreciate the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please call myself directly to make any future reservations and amends for your last stay. Thank you.
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Room was immaculate... Food was excellent... The Staff: Personable, helpful and never in too much of a hurry to answer a question. Easy to find... Check-in was quick.
Like ,most business travelers, you assume all hotels are the same, they just change the art work hanging on the wall - Not so with Mirabeau Park Hotel.
Will be doing a lot of business in Spokane over the next year: have stayed at the Davenport, but from here on in, I'll be choosing Mirabeau Park!

Room Tip: Ask for any room in the 1100's
BC
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after searching for an available room all day on this Graduation weekend. They had a "king" room left so we took it for our family of 4. The staff kindly brought us 2 cots so we could all be comfortable. The room was plenty big for everything and the finishes were beautiful.
We ordered pizza from the restaurant and enjoyed every bite!

• Stayed May 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Property is close by the freeway and easy to find. Check in was easy. We got one of the fully updated "Executive" rooms. Very nice, but there were some things wrong. The bed had a pillow-top mattress that was SOOO soft, I had to work to crawl out. Doors to the adjoining rooms were not very soundproof. For the size of the room, the bathroom was tiny. Very nice shower, though. When we checked in, somehow, we were grouped with the Special Olympics event that was going on. We got breakfast buffet vouchers for our two night stay. I thought it was something everyone got, but I guess I was wrong. Breakfast was supposed to go from 6:00 - 8:30am. I thought it was a little early to cut off breakfast, but got to the restaurant at 8:00. I was told that the buffet was in the large banquet room. When we got there, it looked almost deserted, and they were breaking down the tables from a HUGE group. We thought we were out of luck for breakfast, but finally someone saw us looking forlorn and told us they were still serving. We got food that had been sitting out for quite a while - scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage, fruit. It was only OK, since it had been out for a while. I would not have liked eating with 300+ others in the Special Olympics group only because of the shear numbers. I was a little put off by the fact that we were eating in a space where there were a dozen workers milling around us working on breaking the whole event down. Next day, there was no huge banquet, so we had the a la cart selections in the restaurant, but now, we're in the restaurant, and w were expected to tip - so much for a FREE breakfast. The whole property feels like it may be stuck in the late '70's, considering the dark earth tones used to decorate. The pool looked nice, but never had a chance to try it. The hall outside our room was very noisy, with the surge of Special Olympics folks going to breakfast at 6:00am. Lots of outlets in our room for charging phones, tablets, cameras, iPods, etc. I didn't feel that the parking lot was particularly secure - when we checked in there was a group of four young men hanging out around a car, eyeballing us as we unloaded our things. It made both my wife and I really nervous. We were there for a family anniversary celebration, there at the hotel. The service was top notch, and the food was VERY good. Don't know, for sure, what the catering rates were like, as I wasn't the one coordinating the event. Didn't try the bar, but heard others in my party mentioning the mixed drinks were pretty good. Overall, a nice place with friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: They have lots of ground floor rooms (ours was one). All rooms have a sliding glass door. Security w...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SKPeterson
Troy, Montana
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I had the great pleasure of staying here last Friday evening. My reservation was handled expertly by Marcia, who ALWAYS takes great care of me. I, for one, like that personal touch and will be booking two more rooms today for some upcoming trips to Spokane. Marcia even mentioned to me that they had a large group event going on BEFORE I made my reservation - that is service - she was more concerned about me having a good stay than about booking the room to me.
Check in was efficient and friendly. I was in one of the renovated rooms and it was spotless, not just clean, but spotless - I could not find a single thing that could have been cleaner. The beds are wonderful, the hvac even has a fan only setting. I did not hear any noise from the road once I put that on. Note that this is not directly on the interstate, but off of a smaller road. I did hear some rude people yelling to each other in the hallway just after six in the morning, but that is not the fault of the hotel - why do people not think to be considerate, especially so early on a weekend morning.
Breakfast from Max was excellent with the usual flawless service.
Is this hotel brand new, no. Do they care and do they have staff that are well trained, absolutely! I have stayed in a number of properties within ten miles or so of this hotel and I will not be wasting my time at those other chains again.
Check out included a polite professional response to my forgetting to do something - there was no attitude, other than helpfulness.
OK, I have to say this here as I have said it to the staff when they asked me how things were. I have stayed at the Four Seasons and the service here is better - really, it is.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jeanie W
Thank you so much for your positive input! It is very rewarding to hear that every department met your expectations, from check-in, room cleanliness and comfort and in the MAX restaurant as well. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Spokane Valley.