“"Spooky" was playing in the sad lounge when I walked in.”

Mirabeau Park Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I had to park far from my room. The hotel has had theft from the parking lot and takes no responsibility and I had to carry all my families bags, that I am traveling with, from a distant parking area and up the stairs. The magnetic key did not work so they sent a man with a master key to open the exterior door and help with bags. He had an arm injury so why did they send him when I needed someone who could help with the bags. He was nice but I sure didn't want him to hurt himself with my luggage.

This seems like a sad hotel with a fourth rate band and lots of highway noise in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tess57seattle
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We have numerous parking spaces located in close proximity to each wing and an elevator in one of our wings for the convenience of guests. We apologize that this was not conveyed properly to you at check in.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

The hotel is old but the rooms are big. They didn't honor my reservation for a King room and told me that there were no rooms available when I checked in at 3:30 PM. The wireless didn't work in the double-room that I was assigned to. I needed the internet for my work. It took 4 minutes to load the Expedia web page and the wireless operates intermittently.

The staff, save the hotel engineer, were blatantly unapologetic and eventually put in two different King rooms, that they said didn't exist when I checked in, and their wireless still didn't work. Finally, I have found a room that the wireless provides about a 300 baud down and upload capability. That level of speed is just unacceptable for any type of business work in your room. I am going to have to change how I will conduct my business trip because it is impossible to access Dropbox.

I really didn't appreciate being lied to by the hotel staff, and then making no effort to resolve the problems. If I wanted to take my family to a hotel where everyone could be accommodated by two double beds, then this place is just fine. The pool is small but fine for little kids. However, I would recommend going elsewhere if you are on a business trip and need the resources of a typical business-focused hotel.

Also, you have to carry you bags up flights of stairs. There is no opportunity to avoid at lease half a flight of stairs entering and departing the hotel from the lobby. This should be considered if you are elderly or have several children who cannot carry their own bags up and down stairs safely.

The air conditioner sounds very loud and folks who have trouble with noise would find the room difficult to sleep in. I didn't have that problem, but I could anticipate my wife complaining about lack of sleep in the morning. ;-))

Room Tip: The rooms number 1200 are close to the front of the hotel near the lobby. The hotel has several con...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. As a business-focused hotel, we pride ourselves on our capable internet. We are very sorry that it was not up to our standards during your stay. Our business travelers conduct video conferences and our leisure guests watch videos and surf the internet with ease. For our guests who need even more data, we have IP addresses available for very minimal cost at the front desk. Our engineering department is now testing connections throughout the hotel and addressing your other concerns. Please contact me directly if you have any other concerns.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is the second time we stayed at the Mirabeau; the first time we had a terrible experience with unprofessional staff, dirty room, and incompetent management. The ONLY reason we came back is that we were in town for a wedding, and the groom had reserved a block of rooms here for out-of-town guests. We very grudgingly agreed to give it another try, as our first experience was two years ago.
It was a mistake. When we called ahead for the reservation, we requested a crib for our infant. When we arrived, the crib was not in the room.
We called again, asked about the crib, and requested extra blankets; in addition, we let them know that our toilet was not working. They assured us they would take care of everything.
When we came back to the hotel late that night, ready for bed, the crib was there but the extra blankets were not, nor was the toilet fixed. These things are small, but combined with the horrible experience we had during our first stay, we had had enough.
This hotel is not outrageously expensive, but I've stayed at cheap motels that pay better attention to the requests of their paying guests. There's no reason we will come to this hotel again, regardless of it's convenient location; future visits to Spokane will see us staying anywhere but here.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank verissimopro
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

We are incredibly sorry to hear about your negative experience. We take pride in our hotel and believe that attending to the needs of guests is top priority, as seen through our many happy guests and positive reviews. We will look into what happened to ensure that our services are being carried out to meet our high standards.

Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night to take a break in Spokane (Seattle to Montana road trip). This is a great place to stay - priced like an average bed and breakfast (we payed $120 incl breakfast) but the rooms are really nice. Restaurant is quite decent and the hotel lawns give it a very nice feel. Highly recommend this place .

• Stayed: July 2013
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

It's great to hear you had a great overnight break here on your way to Montana. Thank you for your recommendation!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

When I found out that the fraternal convention we were heading to was at a place called the Mirabeau Park Hotel it sounded exotic for Spokane Valley. Their website doesn't really show how special it really is! We were given the courtyard facing room that we requested and it was spacious and comfortable. Extra blankets and a second deck chair were delivered right away by the friendly staff. The bed and pillows were very comfy. The room service food was variable- delicious clam linguini, but dry, hard omelets. But the menu had a nice variety, including pizza!
I tried out the pool even though it was overcast the first day and it was warm and comfortable for taking a dip. The hot tub was a bit too hot, but was large and clean. The towels at the pool were inexplicably small and thin. The pool was big enough to take a swim in, even though there were kids playing at one end. There were plenty of lounge chairs to lay out on once the weather warmed up. It was very relaxing with oldies music playing.
I was pleased with the way the hotel accommodated all the meetings and dinners that our group attended. There was an issue with the sound system-the microphones would squeal or go out at inopportune times. At one of the banquet dinners we were served very rare steak, which we, along with many others, couldn't eat. The group breakfast on the last day was delicious and plentiful, served on plates instead of buffet style, which was very nice.
One of the best things about the Mirabeau is the Max Restaurant-the food and service are top notch. We also enjoyed listening to the group "Limosine" in the Lounge. All in all, the Mirabeau was a great place to get away to. Who would guess that this refreshing oasis is hiding in Spokane Valley!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a courtyard facing room close to the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

What a thorough and thoughtful review – thank you! We will look into your constructive ideas, as we are always looking for ways to improve. Guests are able to provide us with valuable suggestions and we appreciate them! It’s great to hear that your overall experience was so good and that you enjoyed the property and your convention accommodations.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Much better than I expected at this price point with comfortable bed and good towels in the bathroom. A welcome feature was twin power outlets on the desktop for my iPad and other electronics.
If you are traveller needing a walker or wheelchair be sure to specify this when making your reservation as the hotel has numerous levels and staircases throughout the property.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for sharing your helpful thoughts. We’re glad we surpassed your expectations and we appreciate your point about walker and wheelchair access. It’s great when guests let us know of these needs because we want to accommodate and ensure that all of our guests are comfortable and happy.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I visit Spokane twice a year on average and this is the hotel at which I always base myself. The rooms are comfortable, the fitness centre is good and normally quiet. The courtyard lawn is great to sit and have a quiet drink if the weather is good. The pool looks small but I don't use hotel pools and so this doesn't affect me. Then there is the restaurant, Max's. The only word for this is superb!!! And the staff so frtiendly. One visit I took my son with me to assist with teh work I was doing, then about six month's later I was on another visit and the waiter asked if my son was there again. What a memory!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

We love getting to know our guests as they return to us visit after visit. Thank you for your positive words. We are so happy you enjoy staying at Mirabeau Park Hotel and we look forward to the next time we see you (and your son?) here.