“Extremely Helpful Staff”

Mirabeau Park Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I booked a room here through an online site and then proceeded to need to change it twice! The front desk staff was very accommodating, even when it was all my fault. The room was very comfortable with great comforters, 4 pillows per bed (2 great, 2 so-so), and a super soft blanket. We had a balcony, the pool was perfect with long hours, and the hotel threw in 2 breakfast vouchers. The bar had a decent happy hour. There was no fridge in the room, which would have been nice. And, we didn't turn on the TV, so no information on that. We stayed here after a day at Silverwood, and we shopped at Spokane Valley Mall before heading home.

Room Tip: Sounds like the executive side has nicer rooms. But ours was dated and near the pool...but still ve...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Angie,
We are happy to hear that you had a great stay at the Mirabeau park Hotel. Many thanks for leaving your complimentary review on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back again soon!
Yours sincerely Dragan Sarenac Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Hotel is conveniently located to Spokane Valley Mall and many dining choices. The rooms are large with table and chairs. Old TV. When our room door closed, the towel rack in the bathroom fell off the wall (this kind of says it all). If you have a dog/dogs, this is an excellent place to stay. Just ask for a room in the very back of the resort (1st floor in the "300" room number area), go through the gaps in the fence, and you have plenty of quiet green space to walk dogs. Front desk clerk was a little "snippy" ( I guess I inadvertently made my reservation through a "link" rather than directly with them?)"

2  Thank Del S
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Half of our hotel rooms have been completely renevated and include flat screen TVs -- we continue to make these improvements. We are sorry to hear about the towel rack and your dissatisfaction with the front desk. Helpful service and comfortable accomodations are always our goals. We're happy that all went well with your dog and we hope you'll consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

A family reunion brought us to Spokane and Silverwood, and we stayed at the Mirabeau. We had rooms in the executive part of the hotel, which included 2 queen beds and lots of room. One family had a roll-in bed plus a crib, and still had a lot of room. Marble showers, fridge and microwave, free Wi-Fi, and robes were included in the price of $100 that we paid. The pillows were not that great, though.

Breakfast vouchers for the buffet were included with the room, but we found out the second day that juices were not included and were $4 each. The breakfast was the same all three days -- oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, potatoes, sweet rolls -- so it got a little old. The pool was nice. For the price, it was a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

We are so happy your family reunion brought you our way and that you enjoyed your visit. Thanks so much for your kind comments.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hotel is clean, service is good. Housekeeping does a good job. 3-3.5 star, and rooms could be upgraded a little. No flat screen or safe. Did the trick and lots of parking. Pool is functional but older and thy could use bigger towels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts – we’re glad you had a good stay. We have upgraded many of our rooms and plan to continue this. Replacing the old TVs with flat screens is part of the process and many of our rooms have already made the switch. Feel free to request a newly renovated room next time you are here.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I had to park far from my room. The hotel has had theft from the parking lot and takes no responsibility and I had to carry all my families bags, that I am traveling with, from a distant parking area and up the stairs. The magnetic key did not work so they sent a man with a master key to open the exterior door and help with bags. He had an arm injury so why did they send him when I needed someone who could help with the bags. He was nice but I sure didn't want him to hurt himself with my luggage.

This seems like a sad hotel with a fourth rate band and lots of highway noise in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tess57seattle

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We have numerous parking spaces located in close proximity to each wing and an elevator in one of our wings for the convenience of guests. We apologize that this was not conveyed properly to you at check in.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

The hotel is old but the rooms are big. They didn't honor my reservation for a King room and told me that there were no rooms available when I checked in at 3:30 PM. The wireless didn't work in the double-room that I was assigned to. I needed the internet for my work. It took 4 minutes to load the Expedia web page and the wireless operates intermittently.

The staff, save the hotel engineer, were blatantly unapologetic and eventually put in two different King rooms, that they said didn't exist when I checked in, and their wireless still didn't work. Finally, I have found a room that the wireless provides about a 300 baud down and upload capability. That level of speed is just unacceptable for any type of business work in your room. I am going to have to change how I will conduct my business trip because it is impossible to access Dropbox.

I really didn't appreciate being lied to by the hotel staff, and then making no effort to resolve the problems. If I wanted to take my family to a hotel where everyone could be accommodated by two double beds, then this place is just fine. The pool is small but fine for little kids. However, I would recommend going elsewhere if you are on a business trip and need the resources of a typical business-focused hotel.

Also, you have to carry you bags up flights of stairs. There is no opportunity to avoid at lease half a flight of stairs entering and departing the hotel from the lobby. This should be considered if you are elderly or have several children who cannot carry their own bags up and down stairs safely.

The air conditioner sounds very loud and folks who have trouble with noise would find the room difficult to sleep in. I didn't have that problem, but I could anticipate my wife complaining about lack of sleep in the morning. ;-))

Room Tip: The rooms number 1200 are close to the front of the hotel near the lobby. The hotel has several con...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. As a business-focused hotel, we pride ourselves on our capable internet. We are very sorry that it was not up to our standards during your stay. Our business travelers conduct video conferences and our leisure guests watch videos and surf the internet with ease. For our guests who need even more data, we have IP addresses available for very minimal cost at the front desk. Our engineering department is now testing connections throughout the hotel and addressing your other concerns. Please contact me directly if you have any other concerns.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is the second time we stayed at the Mirabeau; the first time we had a terrible experience with unprofessional staff, dirty room, and incompetent management. The ONLY reason we came back is that we were in town for a wedding, and the groom had reserved a block of rooms here for out-of-town guests. We very grudgingly agreed to give it another try, as our first experience was two years ago.
It was a mistake. When we called ahead for the reservation, we requested a crib for our infant. When we arrived, the crib was not in the room.
We called again, asked about the crib, and requested extra blankets; in addition, we let them know that our toilet was not working. They assured us they would take care of everything.
When we came back to the hotel late that night, ready for bed, the crib was there but the extra blankets were not, nor was the toilet fixed. These things are small, but combined with the horrible experience we had during our first stay, we had had enough.
This hotel is not outrageously expensive, but I've stayed at cheap motels that pay better attention to the requests of their paying guests. There's no reason we will come to this hotel again, regardless of it's convenient location; future visits to Spokane will see us staying anywhere but here.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank verissimopro
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

We are incredibly sorry to hear about your negative experience. We take pride in our hotel and believe that attending to the needs of guests is top priority, as seen through our many happy guests and positive reviews. We will look into what happened to ensure that our services are being carried out to meet our high standards.