“Disappointed in the front desk.”

Mirabeau Park Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stay in hotels 60 to 80 nights a year, both business and pleasure. I have never encountered the problem as follows. The room was secured at a rate $5.00 off the regular/standard rate because I am a senior. Upon check in I asked for a courtside room. I was told there was not one available. I then asked for a room on either the 2nd or 3rd floor. I was told there was none available. I could only have a room on the 1st floor, even though a second desk person said there were rooms on both the 2nd and 3rd floor, but she was overruled by the manager. I inquired why I could not be in something other than the 1st floor, the manager stated it was because I was on a senior rate. Now maybe I am misreading what it means to receive a senior rate. I assumed the rate is a discounted price regardless of what room is rented. Not that the hotel segregates the rooms for seniors, just does not make sense. The one big plus is the restaurant at the hotel. My wife and I were on a 18 days road trip, ate in many restaurants, mostly mid to high price locations, and this meal at the hotel was absolutely wonderful. And the service at the restaurant was second to none, a hard turn compared to the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Dave,
I am very sorry about your trouble at the Front Desk.
Just to clarify that our senior AARP rate is 10% off of any Best Available Rate and this rate is good for all room types on all floors in our Hotel.
If you consider staying at our Hotel again please call me personally and I will make sure that we exceed your expectations next time.
My phone number is 509-262-4602

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I would stay at the Mirabeau again. Very nice hotel and very nice staff.The beds were awesome!!! We had dinner and drinks in the lounge, the service was great and so was the food. We took a walk around and the Mirabeau is in a great location. Close to coffee shops and stores, and a shopping mall just around the corner. I would recommend the Mirabeau to all travellers. A very nice spot.

Room Tip: Our room was on the lower level, and had a nice sitting area outside facing the courtyard, very quie...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear downs002,
I am glad to see you had great stay in our Hotel and great experience at the MAX at Mirabeau Restaurant. Thank you for your recommendation!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This hotel was just what the doctor ordered after a long drive. The continental breakfast was the best I’ve had in a long time, even had some fruit and none of those waffles!! The fitness center was well equipped, and the room was large and comfortable. Would definitely stay again if passing thru Spokane.

Dear rambo1025,
Thank you for your complimentary review and I am happy to see that you had great stay.
Don’t change your doctor and have him order Mirabeau Park Hotel to your friends and family when they pass thru Spokane.
Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The staff at the front desk was first class. The room was old and had issues in the bathroom. The wall around the shower was unsanitary due to water/moisture problems. The furniture was clean but well worn and showed signs of many years of use. This hotel was rated as a 3 star facility. I would give it a 2 minus. Ask for a room that does not front the Interstate. This hotel needs a remodel.

Room Tip: Stay on the backside. The freeway is noisy all night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear msb345
Thank you for your review.We are disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations.
I have discussed your other concerns with our Housekeeping Manager and her staff will be attending to the situation.We are currently undergoing an extensive renovation.
On behalf of the entire Mirabeau Park Hotel team, we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We had a wedding in Spokane and needed a good place for our family (kids and grand-kids). Mirabeau turned out to be the perfect spot. We had a very comfortable, quiet room. We loved the convenience of the restaurant and pool. The property was well kept and the staff was very helpful. We did have a little trouble booking through Travelocity, so you may want to book directly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dodgegirl58,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for kind comments about our staff and Hotel.
Always call us directly to make your reservations. We will provide you with Great Costumer Service and you will get Best Rate Guarantee.
Thank you.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The staff here was so polite and accommodating. The rooms were large, newly renovated and very upscale. The hotel provides lots of "extras" in the room that either aren't included at other hotels or you have to ask for: bath robes, iron and ironing board, microwave and fridge, bar sink, extra towels. The bathroom had granite countertops and was nicely tiled. There were extra pillows on the bed. The high speed internet worked extremely well in our room. The coffee was great (organic) and rooms clean. We found the price affordable and worth the price for all the extras provided. Thank you so much for the enjoyable stay.

Dear KootenayBliss,
Thank you for kind words and also thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I booked a room here through an online site and then proceeded to need to change it twice! The front desk staff was very accommodating, even when it was all my fault. The room was very comfortable with great comforters, 4 pillows per bed (2 great, 2 so-so), and a super soft blanket. We had a balcony, the pool was perfect with long hours, and the hotel threw in 2 breakfast vouchers. The bar had a decent happy hour. There was no fridge in the room, which would have been nice. And, we didn't turn on the TV, so no information on that. We stayed here after a day at Silverwood, and we shopped at Spokane Valley Mall before heading home.

Room Tip: Sounds like the executive side has nicer rooms. But ours was dated and near the pool...but still ve...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Angie,
We are happy to hear that you had a great stay at the Mirabeau park Hotel. Many thanks for leaving your complimentary review on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back again soon!
Yours sincerely Dragan Sarenac Front Desk Manager