“The old Chan bistro was better”
Review of Chan Bistro

Ranked #43 of 186 Restaurants in Spokane Valley
Cuisines: Asian
Description: (509) 926-0366
Description: (509) 926-0366
“The old Chan bistro was better”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

New menu, new owners, new generic Asian taste. The old Chan Bistro was amazing. We are vegetarian and they made us some really great food! No fuss. Anything on the menu. We had a regular server there and she used to bring us out off menu vegetarian dishes to try for free. They we are so good! Sauces to die for. Unique dishes. Not anymore! Food was generic at best. Heavy on the spice, light on flavor. Tofu used to be the best in town. Now the tofu is like chewing a sponge. Maybe the new owners need an adjustment period. But why did the old owners leave? So sad

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank MikeKelsiJu

silver spring md
“Delicious”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is a small place located in a strip mall. We went here on the recommendation of hotel staff. The menu was not the typical Chinese carry out food. I had a ginger, grilled fish which was delicious. The meal was served with a wonderful egg drop type soup. Husband had barbecued tofu which he loved. Portions were very large and prices reasonable. We would definitely return.

• Visited June 2013
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Not as good as reviews lead me to believe.”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I have to say that I was excited to try this place after reading the good reviews it received here on Tripadvisor. The Spokane Valley definitely lacks in good Chinese food, and Chan Bistro unfortunately doesn't help much. 4 of us went in for lunch. We all had the lunch special along with spring rolls and lettuce wraps for apps. Spring rolls tasted fatty. The chicken lettuce wraps and the soup both lacking any type of flavor.
I had General Chan chicken, while that was ok, it was probably the best item any of us ordered, I can't say it was any different than Panda Express. :(
For the money, I would rather, and would recommend, go to PF Changs. Better quality food. Sorry, I can't say i would go back.

• Visited April 2013
Medical Lake, Washington
“Good healthy food”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

The food and service were great. Prices are reasonable, but the food really stands out. Portions are large, this is an Asian restaurant where you will not go away hungry and you will stay full for a long time. You must have the lettuce wraps. The fish was light and full of flavor. Everything was very good, I will be back.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank keenanderson
Spokane, Washington
“Above average Asian food”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Being Asian, I can be picky about Asian food and although there are plenty of bad Asian restaurants in Spokane I would say that this place is above average. We had the Kung Boa and the curry chicken. Both were good but and I would order again.

• Visited October 2012