“Steer clear if you want good food”
Review of Porky G's Southern BBQ - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Porky G's Southern BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Liberty Lake, Washington
“Steer clear if you want good food”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We decided to try this restaurant last week. What an awful experience. We walked in and waited over 4 minutes while we could over hear people in the back chatting. When they came out to the counter they were totally devoid of customer service skills. We had a coupon so ordered an extra large meal to be generous. They tacked 18% to the original amount of the bill for a gratuity. Then they threw 4 styrofoam boxes on our table. They got our order wrong. My husband had to ask for plates and silverware and when he asked the girl to correct the order she was rude to him about it. We were totally unimpressed with the food. It was dry and chewy. The ribs were the best thing we had that night. the chicken was over cooked and over seasoned. the brisket was tough and chewy. The hush puppies and fries weren't home made and they took a bag of store bought hot dog buns and put them in a styrofoam box as a side dish. They were stale. The prices were higher than famous Dave's and willies over in CDA. The decor is left over fast food.

If you want good BBQ, steer clear of porky g's

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank LibLakeLady

Spokane, Washington
“Great selection & service, terrible prices & OK food”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I really wanted to love this place! Like many, I have been lamenting over the lack of good BBQ in these parts. The ambiance was nice and the meat smoking right out front had us salivating for our meal. The menu selection was impressive even though the prices were a bit high.

The three of us all ordered different things so we could share and try it out. Only one of us liked their sides and out of the 4 different meats we tried the baby back ribs and chicken were the only things that were any good.

If we hear there have been improvements, we might go back. Until then we'll stick with Willie's in Post Falls.

Visited July 2012
Cheney, Wa
“I'm Giving Them a Chance to Stick...”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Reminiscent of quasi-fast food barbecue joints I have visited in Louisiana and Arkansas. The decor and set-up only. Definitely not the meat and sides. This review may be an enigma for you, because I am neither praising, nor damning, this place. Whether they make it will be up to them. Their smoked meat was okay, but there is definitely better in the area. Brisket was very lean, but with enough requisite connective tissue to keep it tender. I can understand how folks may feel their spare ribs are overdone. That doesn't bother me, but I can see how it might be lacking for others. Pulled pork was done enough, but some may comment that it's dry. I solve all these issues with the complimentary bottles of sauce on your table. But that's me. Their sauces were unique, and I didn't have a problem with either. Sides were a different story. All--for lack of a better way of putting it, were.....interesting. While I will not give them high marks for their sides, I will highly commend them for making the attempt to make an in-house product, and not just regurgitating some crappy FSA or canned disaster. No issues with the service. I thought all the young gals were friendly and helpful. And I thought the prices were fair. One of the passes I give to certain cuisines is how much effort they put into their product. It's a labor of love to smoke meat, and it takes time. I have no problem paying a premium to folks who take the time to make real barbecue. In the end, I think/hope they can do better, and I will give them that chance. Our area is so darned devoid of barbecue options, I will take a place like this ten-times-out-of-ten over fast food choices. We'll see where they go from here...

• Visited June 2012