“Great Food and Service”

Max At Mirabeau
Price range: US$0 - US$37
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Spokane Valley's Award Winning Restaurant Take it to the MAX! Our Service Brings together an exceptional diverse staff from all over the USA and the World here to the Spokane Valley. Our polished restaurant team is truly focused on catering to your every need in a way that we hope will exceed your expectations. We look forward to helping you make your visit to MAX Restaurant & Lounge memorable!Our FoodIs created for you by our skilled restaurant chefs using the bounty of the season purchased, where possible, from the best of Spokane's local growers, winemakers and brewers to ensure the highest quality, flavor and consistency. Whether you join us for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, every effort will be made to enhance the quality of your dining experience by creating our menu items from scratch. Fusions of flavors and uniquely creative presentations will awaken your palate as well as excite your eyes! Our Philosophy Is to create for our honored guests the ambiance of a dynamic dining environment that is both casual and relaxed, yet at the same time exciting and stimulating. 365 days a year, Max strives to be an exceptional Spokane restaurant which serves as a focal point for your culinary and entertainment needs. We take pride in offering to you Spokane Valley's newest and finest dining experience!
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at Mirabeau twice in June. We had room service from Max, and we had breakfast at Max. It was consistently quick service and excellent food. They have a great selection on their menus, and they understand "gluten free" health concerns. They are a little pricey, but they deliver great value, even making custom pancakes with peanut butter for our 3 year old.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I belong to a group of ladies that like to go to lunch every couple of months. We have been going to Mirabeau for quite a while now. The restaurant is located in the dining room of the Mirabeau Park Hotel.

There are typically 8 of us and some of the ladies insist on separate checks which they graciously allow. The service is not always attentive and I don't know if it is because they are busy or just assume women who want separate checks will not tip well (definitely not the case in our situation).

First a compliment. They make the best Butternut Squash Soup you will ever taste! I have tried it in a lot of places but theirs is truly award winning. However, if you don't ask them to make sure it is hot it will be served lukewarm. Someone in our party always orders it and someone always sends it back. I ate mine lukewarm because I was hungry and they were very busy.

One of our party members came in late-just as we had ordered. I signaled the server over and she very quickly ordered. Her lunch did not come until well after most of us were done even though she asked 3 different people about her food. I really don't know what would have caused such a long delay because she really did not place her order but a few of minutes after everyone else. She did not expect it to come out with everyone else's order, although it easily could have, but it shouldn't have taken a half hour longer. Another person joined us much later and her food came out almost immediately.

The server brought the delayed order just as our friend was getting ready to call him over to cancel it as she would soon have to go. He told her she didn't have to take it if she didn't want to. She checked her watched and saw she had a little time and took the order; I am sure she was hungry.

The salad was supposed to have crisp skinny fried onion strips on top but it was just a greasy lump of breading: totally inedible. She ate half of the soup, that was more like chili than soup, but just picked at the salad that was pretty bad. When we were all done the server brought everyone, including her, a bill. I couldn't believe he gave her a bill after she waited so long and the food was so awful. I called him over and told him the manager needed to take care of her bill. The manager came over and asked what was wrong and then apologized and took care of it. Nice, but I shouldn't have had to ask for her.

I split an order of Thai chicken wraps with another friend and we each had a cup of soup (which is more like a bowl). They were delicious but did not come accompanied by anything at all which I believe they have in the past. I thought it was pretty cheesy to charge us a $2.00 split plate fee to lay 1/2 of a wrap on each plate. Next time I will order the wraps and then she and I will both order soup and I will give her half of a wrap.

I am sure we will go back because it is close to our development but hope for a better experience next time. We will cut them some slack because they were so busy. They do a nice job on dinners here too, but there again they need to work on the service.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you want to enjoy conversation, go before the music begins. Otherwise we enjoyed the meal and up-beat atmosphere! Great drinks and good service.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

OK, Spokane is the hometown. While it has been a while like 4 years since visiting this establishment give the Spokane Valley some HOPE!.

The prices are fair to a bit high, but the food is exceptional.

The PROFESSIONAL wait staff is refreshing in a town where HIGH SCHOOL children are somehow suppose to have learned PROFESSIONAL levels of customer service. I personally have wanted to adopt a certification process for wait staff.

OK, back to Max. The atmosphere is what one would expect. Upper middle class. Food exceptional and this WELL done chefs. The menu is very good. Sometime local musical acts appear and while never a dance club, a small dance floor for a romantic swing dance if the feet move you.

This is a restaurant in a Hotel. The Hotel is great, a nice 3 star and trying, however given Spokane is just barely out of slaughtering cows, and attempting to be in the information age a town that about 15 years behind times all the time give this a 4 star for the region.

Spokane has real 23% unemployment and more like 40% unemployment which allow this establishment to hire great people at about 33% the normal wages for same professional staff. Perhaps the people are the best part of the experience, and that is a compliment to the Chef, the hotel staff and personal.

GREAT job.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I received room service as I was pressed for time in the morning. The food came to my room and most of it was cold. Saran Wrap of everything was annoying as I was peeling wrap off of the coffee mug and the little cream container. McDonalds would have been a better choice.

1  Thank belowme29
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Max At Mirabeau, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

I apologize that we did not meet your and our expectations during your stay. Be assured that we are committed to providing you a most exceptional dining experience. A would appreciate the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please call myself directly to make any future reservations and amends for your last stay. Thank you. Andy Rooney