“Amazing and quiet as always:)”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Milk Wood Bach

The Decking & pond above the stream
The LilyPond
A Fisherman
Water flower
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 24 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Emma A I
“Amazing and quiet as always:)”
Reviewed 10 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

My second stay here:) so lovely and quiet there.. will be coming again.
Shame the hot tub wasn’t available anymore. But we loved the cabin anyway:)

Management Response
12 May 2018
Thank you once again for your review. Hot Tubs will be coming back as soon as possible, I hope just before the summer holidays for Milk Wood Bach. Milk Wood is online for June. Wnion Wood at some point soon.
Reviewed 7 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

LuneTrave...
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Quiet place in a lovely location”
Reviewed 30 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The chalet style house is located along with others away from the main road and in a lovely peaceful location. The garden feels private which was great when using the hot tub. The local area has loads to do and we had an amazing time: walks on the beautiful hills, a 30 mile cycle ride from the house, and a day on the beach near Barmouth.

The only negative was a strong smell of dog on the sofas and fireside rug when we first arrived, hence dropped one star.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Reviewed 8 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

samlovesa...
Kent, United Kingdom
“Lovely break away”
Reviewed 23 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a lovely week away in this lodge, the 'rule book' was a little overwhelming when first arriving. There is a lot of reading material to go through before using the hot tub, well any aspects of the lodge actually. There were little bits, in the book it said if you run out of kindling wood and firelighters there is a shop down the road that sells them, I would expect it to be provided for the entire stay.
We have stayed in many places before with hot tubs and it mentioned some one will be coming to service the tub during the day and we would not know what time or when they were coming, they would use the gate down the side of the property. I didn't like this too much, felt slightly uncomfortable. Also around 2 days into our stay I received quite an abrupt email from the owners to advise we were not using the hot tub correctly, we were not putting the buttons back after using it. I understand the rules around using the equipment, however, this email made me feel uncomfortable and that we were being watched as I know they have friends that live around the area in other lodges.

I do not want to sound petty, but part of the description of the lodge was 'Tea, coffee and cakes on arrival', in other lodges we have stayed in we were greeted with lovely homemade cakes and a tray of tea etc. In this case someone had left a packet of Cadburys chocolate mini rolls on the kitchen side.

The area was beautiful and the lodge itself was a lovely place, just little things I thought I would mention so other visitors are aware there are quite a lot of strict rules.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
25 Jun 2017
The paperwork is simple what health & safety (H&S) plus rental properties standards require in the UK and Wales for me to post for guest to read, NO OPTIONS HERE.
Wood and Kindling is provided for the booking period free of charge under sensible usage policy that is clearly stated in the quote email, booking contract and property information pack. I have had guests use £60 of wood in 3 days? I would point out all my properties are fully central heated and the wood burner is to add ambience not required for heating.
My access to servicing the Hot Tub as I am required to do under H&S is clearly stated in the quote email, booking contract and property information pack.
This was simple prompt to request you to reread the shutdown procedure that you had not followed, to avoid further problems. Why so called friends or neighbours are mention here I have no idea, I am the one checking the hot tub and had to prompt you as require.
No where do we make any statement about tea, coffee or cakes on arrival in the form you are implying. You have read something I think on Trip Adviser where others have commented that it is nice that we supply Tea Coffee….. The basics, as many travel long distances with random arrival times from 4pm to very late?
I supply as you have stated a lovely lodge in an idyllic part of Wales, as a Self-Catering Holiday Lodge, as advertised, no more, no less.
The rules are written by other not me, but I am obligated under several levels of law to communicate these rules clearly, concisely and factually to guests to help them be safe, in this I am only the messenger in the process.
paulroybr...
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 6 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

For a relaxing break we couldn't have asked for more. The area is very quiet with some lovely views and the bird song is a nice way to wake up each morning. The hot tub was amazing and having a log fire in the night made it all the more cozy.

Would recommend

rickylee0...
Cheadle, United Kingdom
“Idealistic Retreat”
Reviewed 12 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Second time staying here, and had a real holiday home feel. Beautiful peaceful setting, with the ideal facilities to relax and enjoy your stay. I cannot recommend Milk Wood and the surrounding area highly enough, and we'll be back again for sure.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing