“VERY DISAPPOINTING” 3 of 5 bubbles

Bwyty Mawddach Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Llanelltyd
Price range: US$7 - US$50
Cuisines: European, British, Welsh
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Conwy, United Kingdom
“VERY DISAPPOINTING”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Cycled over to the Mawddach restaurant after reading great reviews about the place, been wanting to visit for a while to check the place out to have my birthday celebrations held there but was very disappointed with the food mainly the chips which were frozen!!! (a big no no in my book:-)) waitress tried to tell me that all the food was made on premises!!!!) Views were lovely but sadly food did not live up to expectations so will not be returning:-((((

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Rich S

Wales
“MISSING YOU”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Sorry not to see you recently, but your menus just are,nt to our taste at the moment. PLEASE change the veggie dish and put on more fish meals. Bring back the ham and eggs for lunch as well!

We,ve had some great meals on the past, hope to see you again soon.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MerchGogleddCymru
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Did not live up to expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We went here as a family of four after a recommendation. We were met at the bar and served drinks while ordering. My children asked if they could have a burger, however this was not an option on the children's menu. As burgers were on the main menu, I asked Will, the front of house gentleman, if it would be possible if a child's portion burger could be provided. I was told that they could only have a burger if both of my children had it, as one adult burger would have to be cut in half! I found this a strange reply, as I would have assumed the burgers on the menu would be hand made, therefore, not providing much of a task for the chef to prepare a smaller version! Not a great start, and not a very customer friendly response! However, my children decided to both have the local sausages, and my husband and I chose the burgers.
We were shown upstairs for our meal. Despite a sign outside saying the restaurant was full, there was only one other table of four occupied. The atmosphere was pretty soulless, however the views of the surrounding area were beautiful. Our food arrived and real disappointment then set in. Our burgers were as flat as a pancake, and looked as if they were straight out of a frozen packet. Mine was overcooked, however, my husband's was served with some pink still left in it (we had not been asked how we would like our burgers served when we ordered from Will). On the plate was a very small ramekin dish of chips. I counted 8 chips in my dish, and the same for my husband! Very disappointing. My children had the same amount of chips and that was a children's portion! On a positive note, the homemade ketchup was delicious. We did complain to the waitress about the small portion and overcooked burger, but this was met with a nervous giggle and a blank look. We also asked her to pass our comments on to the manager, but no one came to us to discuss this. We had originally planned on staying for dessert, but the food was so disappointing that we did not want to waste anymore money. On our way out, Will, the front of house gentleman, did not even ask if we had enjoyed our meal or say goodbye. Whether this was because we had made a complaint, I don't know.
A really disappointing end to an uninspiring meal, which was not value for money. Unfortunately, due to the lack of competition in the area, there is no need to provide the level of service and food that one would expect from an establishment charging these prices.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank JHT811
Glossop, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had so been looking forward to coming here after reading the amazng reviews. I came with my husband and friends.

Firstly the reception was cool from a female member of staff when we arrived, not the best start. Whilst the views were lovely some of the food was mediocre.

The starter of pate was very good but not worth £8.00, the mains were disapppointing with the steaks being bland/not good quality and the salmon plain and over priced. However the dessert which was orange cake was out of this world.

Unfortuntly I was not made aware that every hated their main dish til we left as it was a special birthday meal non of them wanted to spoil it for me.

Certainly did not live up to the reviews and wish we had tried somewhere else now.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank natstarr
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I are vegetarians, so were a little worried about what we'd find to eat on our Welsh adventure, but our concerns were completely unfounded. We had a marvelous meal, and the surroundings were delightfully bucolic. Definitely worth a trip!

Visited May 2014