“Good food & great accommodation”
Review of The Perch and Pike

The Perch and Pike
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Hidden away in the depths of the Oxfordshire countryside, the Perch and Pike is a quintessential English country pub in the village of South Stoke with a welcoming atmosphere and a hearty traditional menu. Well-loved standards such as fish and chips or sausage and mash are served up for lunch, with more refined dishes (think roasted duck flamed with Cointreau and served with an orange and lemon sauce) on the concise evening menu. The bar offers global wines and draught beers.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife & I stayed 2 nights at the Perch & Pike to attend a wedding in the area. The Perch & Pike wax recommended to us as somewhere to stay. The room was clean with a large double bed which was very comfortable to sleep on. There was a coffee machine for coffee & a kettle for tea making. There was also a hair dryer & a TV with remote control. The en suite bathroom was also clean & had the best power shower I've ever used - superb.

The breakfast was a full English done however you wanted it, together with toast, cereal, fruit juice & tea/coffee, a great way to start the day.

We had an evening meal on the Saturday night & if you are not a guest then booking is a must as it gets very busy. The a la carte menu was not too extensive to make choosing your meal too complicated & we had a starter, main & dessert. The food was devine, cooked to perfection & wasn't overly priced

To sum up I would recommend the Perch & Pike to anyone wanting either great food &/or accommodation in the area.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Had a really lovely dinner here last night. The waiter was very friendly and attentive as well as chatty.
The lamb was done to perfection, and presented very professionally. The steak was good too, and very yummy rustic chips! We both had pudding, one chocolate brownie and eton mess - both were great. Couldn't fault the place, and the interior decor was beautiful and very cosy.

Love a pub with a dog too ;)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Having walked some distance that day I stopped off for a charming pint of Brakespears special which the landlord assured me was brewed in a micro brewery in Henley. With much walking left to do in the day a heavy lunch was off the cards so a quick glimpse at the bar snack menu draw my eye to the Welsh rarebit. I'd never thought to put mustard in mine previously, but I can tell you I will in the future. What a treat. A lovely village pub run in the way a village pub should be.

Spina

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Have just had a lovely lunch at the Perch and Pike. Gorgeous food, friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere. I would highly recommend it. Also the soap and hand cream smell wonderful.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We'd heard good things about the newly refreshed P&P so visited on a midweek evening to try it out. The food was good and very nicely presented. The service and welcome was also good and the pub has a really nice feel/atmosphere.

Our only reservation was that the menu choices seemed a bit limited - with a predominant focus on different variations on a theme of steak and burger. In itself, that's not a problem, but it means it's unlikely that we'd return regularly as it felt a bit "samey". Perhaps they have specials too - but if so we weren't aware of them on the night we went.