Visited this lovely secluded resort for the first time. The spaciousness and decor of the rooms is complemented by the stunning views of the Pacific. Unfortunately we stayed in the guest house which is a bit of a drive to get to the main facilities (pool and restaurant), but learned we could have stayed in the main building with a little planning - next time.
Claudia, whom I remember from her prior management of the beautiful Los Establos in Boquete is now the manager here. She's just incredible leaving nothing to be desired. Since this was the off season she and her assistant also did the cooking and serving which was excellent. One night we were given the extra surprise of some fish caught that day and it was wonderful.
Bring a flashlight as, unfortunately, the power seems to go off quite often. This is not a hotel problem but rather the incompetence of the local electricity provider who appears to respond after the fact, no preventive maintenance. It's kind of romantic with the candels provided but the flashlight gives better comfort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 45 minutes from the David Airport, The Boca Chica Plantation Club and Resort is a short walk away from the whitest sand beach in Chiriqui Province. Enjoy fabulous ocean and mountain views from a luxurious suite in the CasaClub, select a spacious room in the Guesthouse high on a hill overlooking the Equestrian Center with views of Vulcan Baru and the Pacific Ocean, or choose a cozy Casita with kitchen facilities for your stay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Boca Chica Plantation Club And Beach Resort
- Boca Chica Plantation Club & Beach Hotel Boca Chica
- Boca Chica Plantation Club & Resort Panama