“Best service and views in boca chica”

Seagull Cove Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Boca Chica
Florida, New York
“Best service and views in boca chica”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed 3 nights in Seagull cove and was very impressed with there service and grounds.
Marcelo and Melissa were fantastic in every aspect of my stay,
I cannot comment on the restaurant because I was sick from food I ate in panama city, to be sure it was not there food marcelo threw out the shrimp I ate the first night there, There frozen fruit drinks were fantastic. while I was sick and missed my fishing trip, marcelo visited my hotel rooms with medicine pills and bought me pedalyte to drink since I was unable to hold anything down for 2 days, I travel extensively and must say I was very impressed with marcelo and the staff. I will go back to the lodge this year or next for a couple days.
ac excellent very cold, bed good, nice and quiet to sleep. but remember this is still panama you are not in NY , Florida or Canada, the luxuries we have elsewhere are not here.. enjoy it .
Being sick three days I can honestly say that marcelo made a terrible experience somewhat enjoyable, Melissa and the owners thank you for all you did and your kindness, I look forward to seeing you again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pete S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my time at Seagullcove Lodge. We stayed in the Tanger bungalow which we enjoyed a gorgous view of the water from the foot of the bed. We really appreciated the nice ice cold craft of water delivered everyday. The restaurant area has again gorgeous water views. Pool is small but very refreshing on those hot Panamanian days! All staff are fantastic! Tiki hut bar on the water Saturday nights is a fun way to meet "local" expats. Food was great! Best pancakes I've ever had!!
Only issues were the bug control could be a little better. Ants and spiders annoyed us. I borrowed some OFF and sprayed myself and slowed them down. We also feel the short road to the hotel could be better. A 4x4 would be best but our Toyota Yaris rental drove it... Very slowly. We enjoyed the kayaks available and travelled to nearby islands and beaches! We would love to come back! Thank you Marcelos!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank canadiankim29
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We stayde in the lodge for two days and had the best experience. Nice cabins with great views off the ocean. Good airconditioning and nice bathroom. English speakingstaff booked an island tourwith them which was great got free snorkel gear proffesional stuff. If yoy get to Boca chica witch is recommendable hardly any tourists go to this place.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Yes , calm and peaceful in one word " tranquilo" and in this one small resort, Seagullcove Lodge is perched on a tropical hillside overlooking the islands and bays of Boca Chica, stunning views and wonderful accommidations, The cassita's or bungalows if you like, are Beautifully Appointed and each receive their on share of soft sea breezes and nature sounds from the ever soaring birds. The restaurant prepares excellent and attractively presented meals served by an attentive waitstaff. English is spoken freely here as well. The grounds are lush with native tropical plants and palms in a virtual Eden for your eyes and senses to enjoy. My wife and I only spent two nights
on this first of many we expect have there, we were made to feel special by everyone from Owner to chef, could not have been better.

Room Tip: The cabanas are on a steep hillside you might prefer being near top for a shorter walk up to restau...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The staff are amazing: Luis & Marcello. The place is spotless. The view is amazing. Don't know why people say the food is expensive. It's very reasonable. The view is spectacular. The place is really incredible. The dining room over the bay, the lobby, the cabanas. All top-notch.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Israel
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We spent a weekend in this lovely hotel. The place is very beautiful.
The service and the food are very good. We used the local Kayaks and took a boat to see whales and dolphins in the nature.
The only bad thing I can say is that the rooms are a little bit outdated. They are very clean but need some fresh painting and remodeling.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 7 September 2013

For our aniversary I decided to surprise my husband with a tranquil getaway. I found this lovely spot by chance, not even my Panamanian colleagues had ever heard of it! We stayed 3 nights, and although the weather did not always cooperate, we really enjoyed it. Beautiful setting, comfortable bungalows with great views and excellent hospitality. Kayaking, horse back riding, whalewatching - we did it all. We loved meeting the owners, they made us feel even more at home!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Aranjuez Hotel & Suites
Hotel Boca Brava
Hotel Boca Brava
#1 of 3 in Isla Boca Brava

Been to Seagull Cove Resort? Share your experiences!