“Great experience!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Agios Nikitas
Myrto Vacation Relaxing Homes
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Agios Nikitas
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Visited Myrto appartments this August and we had a great experience! The appartments are situated in an area full of beautiful vegetation and nature. A fabulous view on all this and the azure blue sea right from your appartment!
The complex is very clean and offers a relaxing atmosphere. Also the appartments are clean, light and spacious with nice decoration and contain every facility you need. A very big plus is that the complex has it’s own private swimming pool. You can stay there, or go to the great beaches of the town of Agios Nikitas.
Also the other amazing beaches of the island and the bigger town Lefkada are reachable very well from this location. Agios Nikitas itself is a very cute and caractaristic town which offers good quality Greek restaurants, bars and other services.
Very friendly and sympathic owners who take care very well of their visitors and have some good tips to enjoy the area to the fullest. We even did a very nice barbecue with them and the visitors of the other appartments.
In my opinion a recommendation for everybody who desires a careless vacation in a beautifull enviroment enjoying the great sea and warm Greek atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
14 Thank MilouKo

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 10 August 2012

just came back from there and already missing it. Nicely decorated with friendly stuff. Appriciate the night swiming in the pool...they turn on the lights. .. as well the candles around the pool. Really romantic... :-)
I didnt miss anything there...
You smell the trees and hear the waves... First thing you see when you wake up (we were on the 1st floor) is a beautifull sea.
Also, one point,.. Great view means that we are way high in the hills... So climbing with the car was a bit stressful.

Room Tip: An appartment on the first floor is the best one, with the greatest view. You can see the sea from y...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank marelica80
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Excellent place. For more information visit that website www.myrto-apartments.gr . I visited myrto last September and I had great time and I enjoy so much the place! Myrto is situated in a really strategic place from there you can visit the most beautiful beaches of all the island! finally the myrto offers many services like free wifi connection, private swimming pool, private parking and a huge free green space and many more services.

• Stayed September 2011
15 Thank Ts_simone
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My experience in the Myrto appartment was unique! When you arrive, your breath is taken by the amazing view of the sea surrounded by nature, in the middle of a green forest, with all kind of trees and flowers. Although its position is on a hill, the footpath leading to the sea is enjoyfull and constitutes a wonderfull walk.
The owners are kind, polite and very hospitable and you can tell they run the business with love and care.
The nights are peacefull and calm. The rooms are clean and confortable keeping up with the standards that I expected!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Elena P
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 10 July 2011

First and the most important - be aware of the fact that this apartments are situated on the mountain - that is why the view is so nice. However - everyday you need to climb on this mountain. You can choose from two (only two!) ways - road ( about 3km from the city center and the city beach ?) or path in the forrest which I would find totally unavailable for old people or anyone with some disabilities. Moreover distance is definitely not 250/300 m which is given on Apartments’' websites/advertisments. It’s at least twice more. Second reason I was disappointed is that while booking via internet I was contacted with the manager. Everything was paid and confirmed few weeks earlier, however after arrival it turned out that our apartment is not available! First night we had to spend in apartment under the swimming pool ( and forgot about the "beautiful sea view", which we had paid for!). Please also notice that it is almost impossible to communicate with the owner who - in the contrary to the manager - is present if you don't speak Greek or Italian. Not only our apartment was not ready for the first night, we had to leave 2 days earlier as was agreed ! ( with the "manager") . To sum up ... I can't recommend this place unless you love climbing and you are flies-lover .

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank KStef
andreasbologna, Owner at Myrto Vacation Relaxing Homes, responded to this review, 8 September 2011
Dear Mrs. Kstef.

I am the owner of Myrto and I am very sorry that you did not found good to us. From the first moment of your arrival you are created problems since no was no good. Even the sea view from Myrto you did not like. We talked on the phone and when I had informed about the possibility to sleep in an apartment for the first night and later move to another appartamento.Tutti apartments have fantastic views.

Also you are pressed in a nonchoir to make you an extra discount.

We tried to accommodate in all but you did not like anything.

Finally you left two days before your reservation by saying that we have sent you away.

We are very sorry about all this.

We needed to respond to comments that are not truthful.

The Myrto is a place for people that appreciate the nature, amazing sea views, tranquility, hospitality and some magnificent sunsets.

Most of our customers almost always returns to the Myrto and this for us is great pleasure.

Thank you anyway for your critics and we always looking to improve.
Browns Mills, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 December 2010

These apartments are hard to find, as the previous reviewer said, but once you do find them, you will know the hunt and the scary, heart-wrenching drive up the steep road full of blind corners and with room for only one car was worth it!
Parking was scary for me as well, as there wasn't much room to back up and pulling out of the STEEP driveway while driving a manual transmission was a challenge! But, once again , worth it.
The views from our bottom floor apartments were breath-taking. My friends who see my photos ask me if the water is really that color - it is! The apartments itself is very clean and nice and quite basic, but charming. There is air-conditioning in the bedroom, but not in the living area, which was fine for us. With the screened windows, we kept them open most of the time. The bathroom was beautiful, but the shower leaked water terribly onto the flower every time we showered.
The swimming pool was superb! Freshwater and perfect temperature - clean and pristine with plenty of lounge chairs and a knock-out view! If the beaches of Lefkada weren't so incredible, I would've spent more time there!
There are only 6 apartments, so it was a nice quiet place to stay and the pool was never crowded.
Because of the steep drive-way, we took the foot path behind the pool into town to swim or eat. I wouldn't recommend making the hike after dark, though. It's about a 5-10 minute walk down, but a steep 20 minute walk back! Not fun carrying grocery bags or a watermelon!
Agios Nikitas is a charming and quaint town with a lovely beach and areas to swim where you can find yourself a private spot amongst the rocks. The water is incredibly clear and we couldn't get enough of it!
Laurie, the owner was very kind and helpful and she didn't ask us to pay anything when we checked in. She told us to enjoy and she'd get us later. 5 days later when we were checking out, I had to go up to her apartment to find her so I could pay her! If you get a chance to go up to her apartment, do it - she has a huge open window in her living room and the view is to die for!
All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend this jewel of a place to anyone - as long as you are prepared to brave the drive up to the apartments and the drive-way (see photos). We enjoyed our time there immensly and would go back in a heartbeat!

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
18 Thank marymary94
Derbyshire
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Firstly, I need to mention the drive up to the apartments, which had us all on the edge of our seats!! We had a little difficulty finding the apartments as Ag. Nik is a bustly little village with one street where mainly, parking isn't allowed, unless you pretend not to see the huge sign, so the sign to Myrto was slightly hidden by parked cars. (You enter Ag. Nik and just before the road bears left and the main village street is to your right, there is a left hand turn up a small "road" ... you want to head up it) .... and up .. and up ... and round .. and round .. and then, when you finally think you are completely lost, you face a gradient in the road that gives a view of sea, and tree tops .. and the only thing between you and that sheer drop, is a small eight inch wall ! To say we all needed the toilet desperately, is a bit of an understatement! Then, there is a sharp, steep right hand bend down to the apartments.

Paradise .. serious paradise! We stopped the car, wiped away the sweat and the only sound was that of the cicadas (who started at 8.30 and stopped around 8 in the evening).

The apartments, 6 in total, stand high on the hillside overlooking glorious blue, blue sea and tall, scented cyprus trees. Heaven.

We had two apartments on the first floor and you can see from the pictures, they had the most awesome views that we never tired of.

The apartments themselves were spotless. And it was a suprise to see we had been provided with a little welcome pack of the necessities; water, milk, orange juice, jam, melba toast, butter .. and when we met Laurie, the owner, she arrived with a very welcome bottle of Lefkada wine.

The bathroom was sparkling .. I mean seriously sparkling ... we've been used to basic Greek accommodation and this was a very welcome surprise. The living area had a table with chairs, a cabinet with BOOKS .. (why did I bring my own, I had no need to!) All the utensils you need .. no ice tray though, but we soon got round that by freezing a bottle of water and chipping it off as and when needed.

The bedrooms all had shutters, glass sliding doors and mesh doors to stop the mozzies, which, with being in the middle of a forest, we got a few of.

A 1 minute walk down to the pool which was kept beautifully clean and was lit up at night most nights and I have to say that lying on your back looking up at the stars at night, in a lovely warm pool was delicious!

There is a walk down to the main road at the bottom which we really enjoyed most nights .. very uneven yet even I, who use crutches, managed it. (Hey, it;s all part of the adventure) Takes around 8 minutes going down .. but probably around 20 coming back up ... (never did this in the day as the heat was so intense and because there was no wind due to the presence of surrounding trees and bushes I wouldn't contemplate it)

As I've said before, the views from these apartments you could live with forever ..

Link to my You Tube account where there are videos of the apartments, the view from just above them .. near the "wall" I mentioned previously .. http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

Would I return .. you bet I would !

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Alkyon Apartments & Villas Hotel
Politia Hotel
Politia Hotel
#4 of 5 in Agios Nikitas

Been to Myrto Vacation Relaxing Homes? Share your experiences!