“Something out of the 60s !”

Flackley Ash Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Peasmarsh
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Something out of the 60s !”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We wanted a cheap get away for a few days ,and saw this hotel on Groupon ,which we had never used before .
After reviewing the website with the additional benefit of a Spa ,we were looking forward to our break .Due to the cost of the trip ,we did not have high expectations .Thank goodness we didn't !

The staff members we met were all lovely ,as we were checked in our room 65 ,we were met by a very basic ,tired décor .The bathroom had damp over the ceiling ,which my partner ended up wiping down to get rid of some of it .The bed was awful and lumpy -which we ended up laughing about in the end.

I had a foot treatment .Please do not be misled that this is a Spa .The part of the hotel where this was placed is almost like a side shed .Again ,the team there were lovely .It is such a shame who ever owns the hotel does not put any investment into support their talent .

Breakfast was good .The only point I would make is they had one of those catering toasters ,that rolls the bread round over a grill .This kept burning the bread and took about fifteen minutes to get a piece of toast that looks slightly ok .

We had a lovely time in Rye and Ashford .If we ever go again we would stay in The George - if you want a hotel set in the 1950s 1960s this one would be idea.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My Wife and I have been staying at Flackley Ash for a number of years now and this is the first review we have ever written, long overdue!

The reason why we prefer to continue to stay at Flackley is simple; Consistency! It always feels like home, the staff and the management always look after us, its excellent value for money, the food is first class (especially the breakfasts) and the rooms and amenities such the pool and spa are perfect, considering the English weather sometimes. We appreciate that this doesn't just happen but represents a lot of hard work on the part of management and staff, so praise is deserved as well a earned, people are all too eager to criticise these but rarely willing to compliment.

So for us, its a case of Flackley Ash "does it again" and we're sure it will continue to do so.

Thanks again to all at the Hotel, keep up the good work and making the difference.

Alan & Maria.

Room Tip: If its not during a busy period ask the reception/management to recommend the best room to suit your...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Steyning, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Walking in through the front entrance of hotel, first impression, was how dismal it all looked. The low energy lighting didn't help either. Staff are all very pleasant and helpful, room & bed comfortable, would have benefited from a thicker mattress topper and the general decor dull. The pool was the best part, clean and well supervised, breakfast buffet was very good, as was the cooked breakfast, although fried bread or hash brownies missing from the menu...evening meal quality was okay, no menue specials on offer during stay and felt tastebuds were not significantly tingled.. in general felt hotel lacked sparkle......

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sheila T
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Had the most wonderful weekend here thanks to all the amazing staff, the service was fabulous along with the hotels A le cart menu, I felt like royalty being pampered in the hotels beauty rooms and the gym, sauna, jacuzzi and swimming pool were all well kept. The room was beautiful with a stunning view of the garden. I was so impressed, I came home wanting to go back as soon as I could......By far one of the best hotels I've had the privilege of staying in, Well done Flackley Ash!

Room Tip: Room 64 had the lovely garden view with French doors opening out to a bistro style dining set.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kimi W
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I am very impressed with all aspects of my stay at Flackley Ash, the whole experience has left me revitalised and have booked my next stay before leaving, all the staff where more than happy to help, no matter the queries. The food was fabulous and enough to feed the whole of the hotel on our table alone. Can't wait for next time.

Room Tip: Suite was great but I am sure any room would be to a high standard.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rachel B
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Loved this hotel! Great staff and nice location, bar and restaurant was nice...Swimming pool and jacuzzi were nice though not too keen on the Sauna being in the changing rooms as it made it very hot to get changed but just my personal opinion...
Food was nice and room was really sweet; had everything I needed for a business trip away.

Chloe on front of house was a tremendous asset and she couldn't do enough to help!

Def stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Pittman1979
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I booked this hotel as a special treat for my two daughters and me having been impressed by the pictures and description of their accommodation on their website and at a cost of over £230 for one night I was confident I had made a good choice. However on arrival I thought I had arrived at an old people's home. The reception area was shabby and looked and smelled dirty and stale. The room allocated to us had stained carpet (as did the reception area and corridor leading to our room), old duvet covers, one of which had stains on, one tired rolled towel on each bed, dirty curtains, split flooring in the shower room and a filthy door with dirty hand prints which must have taken some time to build up. The tv must have been 20 years old or more, being grey and of a depth behind the screen of at least 18 inches. The room could truly be described as squalid and there is no way we could have stayed there. We were not offered an alternative and if there were better facilities on the premises they were certainly not visible. I am astounded that such poor quality has the Best Western label and can command such exorbitant prices. I cannot comment on the food as I couldn't bear to stay and although the pool an gym looked ok on the surface, having seen the lack of cleanliness in the parts of the hotel I did see, I would not be confident that these areas were properly maintained. The receptionist and manager were very pleasant but did not seem surprised at my reaction.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank BJO45

Travellers are raving about these Peasmarsh hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peasmarsh
The Mermaid Inn
The Gallivant
The Gallivant
#1 of 1 in Camber
River Haven Hotel

Been to Flackley Ash Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!