“Pleasant”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Peasmarsh
Seaford, United Kingdom
“Pleasant”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here on a Groupon deal. Sunny afternoon, hotel looked stylish. Friendly welcome at reception. Walking to our room you were able to see why the hotel was offering special deals. Unfortunately it is need of a spruce up. Paintwork and carpets. Our bedroom was adequate, looking over the back garden. From the window it was refreshing to see a natural garden, clumps of primroses on banks. Furniture in room dated (expensive to buy 30 years ago).Used the spa facilities. Robe in wardrobe to use, towels in spa. Swimming pool, steam room, jacuzzi and sauna (separate men and women). Helpful staff. Breakfast was ok. Selection of fruit, cereals, pastries, juices Can order cooked breakfast. Have to toast your own bread. Hotel situated close to Rye. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

A girl friend and I went on a Groupon deal for 2 days. I am glad I didn't pay the full whack. Somebody said that the place was a little 'tired' and I would concur with that. It is also a bit unimaginative and if I was paying the full price, I would want something a bit smarter and thought through. The exception is the conservatory which is a beautiful addition, but comes off a random restaurant. We decided to give the restaurant a try on our first night and it was very disappointing. My friend had tiger prawns which cost £8.50 as a starter - when they came there were 5 little brown shrimps on a bit of muffin. We asked about them to be told that Tiger Prawns come in different sizes and these were with the shell off as most people prefer that! Seriously, these were no tiger prawns! My squash filled pasta parcels were just squashed! I could not see any squash in there at all! We wondered if it was because they knew we were Groupon customers! We chose not to eat there the following night because I want to have something gorgeous when I go to a hotel restaurant, not a 'rip -off' - sorry to say.
Our room was fine - the beds were comfy and we had tea/coffee facilities and water provided which was what I would expect. The walls are a little thin- my friend was disturbed by somebody's rhythmic snoring in the night! We had a little patio outside although it was too cold to use it, but that would be lovely in the warmer weather - it overlooked the garden. I put some wine out there on night one; on night two I went to get the next bottle and the door wouldn't open because the catch had now got stuck and the handle had disappeared? The cleaners must have done something! Had to get reception to come and help us!
The staff were very helpful and friendly when we had to get the towels changed, because they had been put on the side of the bath (not by us) and were soaking wet due to the shower which leaked continuously when I picked them up! Nothing was too much trouble for them which may be just as well!
The car park is not good - we got blocked in due to a conference having arrived on our second morning and it took ages to sort out so we could actually go out!
All in all, I would find somewhere else to stay in the Rye area next time.
I sat in the dining room and thought about what I would do to immediately improve it - lighting was one answer. The lighting needs to be up-lighters and wall fittings and softer lighting in there. Put fairy lights around the conservatory - I have done that with mine and it transforms it - if you can't have normal candles - get better battery candles and LOTS of them as they don't give out much light! Ambience is needed in the restaurant and while there are lovely arty pictures along the corridors, they are not lit, so impossible to see unless you really look.
The building is lovely from the outside and the reception area is well thought out and arranged with a lovely lounge. I just think it needs a spruce up with somebody who knows about styling and designer things.

1 Thank greeneyedmezzosop
Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had a brilliant Art Tuition Weekend. Facilities provided for us were excellent. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Excellent food -real home cooking. Room a bit dated but overall very happy.
Good location near Rye in beautiful countryside.

1 Thank 123DINA123
London
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Nice hotel , good location , staff are extremely helpful & friendly , about 8 minutes to Rye
The Breakfast was especially nice , plenty of choice & waitress service , very good !
Hotel is a bit tired , and Spa could do with a re vamp . But apart from that , lovely & we would stay again well done !

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Victoria R
Pevensey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Lovely building and grounds awful car park people blocking others in. Staff friendly, nice to have a room with board games and the breakfast is fantastic but..
Our room on the other hand was extremely dated very old tv which you can see if your in bed as its so low and dirt everywhere hairs on the spare pillow dust all over dirt and bath lotion around the bath stains and confetti on the floor huge cracks on thd wall, looked like a new shade and curtains about it, tired dated scratches on furniture and not sure whst was on my bed but a horrid yellow stsin at thd bottom considering it Was a superior bedroom I wouldnt call it that.the pool was nice and like I said staff but the room well just awful no need to be dirty

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
2 Thank kerryt503

Travellers are raving about these Peasmarsh hotels

uk
Reviewed 16 March 2014

PERFECT!
I have been teaching watercolours for over 15 years to adult evening classes. Myself and a fellow artist decided we wanted to run a weekend art workshop at a nice hotel. We visited many all over Kent and Sussex, but found Flackley Ash Hotel offered the best package for value and facilities. Everything was far beyond our expectations. We already knew the staff were helpful as they helped us organise everything running up to the event and even helped with the marketing. But the staff went further and helped throughout the weekend, nothing was too much trouble for any of them, especially Penny and Tom. The rooms were clean, warm and had a lot of character. The spa and the facilities were good and the grounds beautiful. To top it all the food was outstanding, we had a buffet lunch for one day and everything was homemade or locally produced. Sunday lunch was a carvery and cooked to perfection The breakfast was fantastic offering anything you could want for breakfast and more. And the evening meals were 5* in every way. Bang went the diet!
I had 15 students and all were extremely impressed with everything. We had our own feedback forms and overall our classes and the hotel got 4 & 5 stars (out of 5)!
The weather was glorious so we were able to enjoy the beautiful grounds and orchard surrounding the hotel.
I am sure you will see more 5* reviews about the hotel and art weekend
We are holding another art weekend 7th & 8th June and with the up most confidence it will be as perfect as this one has been. (contact v@arttogo.co.uk for more details for the art weekend)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Battle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

On the whole a lovely experience. ALL of the team we came across were very helpful and attentive.certainly some of the hotel seemed a little tired ,but nothing that we saw was awful, far from it. Breakfast super, pool area excellent and the beautician a sweetie.
Housekeeping would be my only negative comment, although to be fair, we didn't raise this, so feel a little unfair writing it, as I feel had we done,they would have sorted it. When I pulled the TV out to put in a DVD, the back of the TV and the cabinet really weren't pleasant!
The insulation between the rooms we were in isn't brilliant, you can hear everything...

Room Tip: Request a recently refurbished room, as they are making their way through the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peasmarsh
The Hope Anchor Hotel
The Gallivant
The Gallivant
#1 of 1 in Camber
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,205 reviews

Been to Flackley Ash Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!