“Grand exterior”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Peasmarsh
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Grand exterior”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This hotel looks lovely from the outside, unfortunately the inside is more than a little tired.
Upon arrival we were told we had been upgraded- which makes me beg the question, what would our room have been like if they hadn't!!! Our room was dirty, marked carpets, dirty bath etc.. Getting into bed I realised that some springs had gone in the mattress. Not one to make a fuss, I didn't mention anything. Come morning I wish I had, no sleep and under further inspection the mattress was completely bowed with ALL springs gone one side. How the maid did not notice this when stripping the bed I have no idea!!!!
Fortunately, when we complained the next morning they gave us a small discount (but didn't even ask to see the bed, perhaps they already knew!!)
I wouldn't recommend this hotel, I feel you can get a lot more elsewhere for your £130

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LivieBF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Me and my wife have just come back from a lovely weekend at Flackley ash hotel. The staff were wonderful, food was nice and the accommodation a good standard. Yes the hotel could be doing with a little touch up here and there but we were too busy having fun to worry about it. Great hotel for exploring the countryside and near bye Rye. Our little dog came along for the ride and the hotel was very accommodating.

Flackley ash made sure we could have a early check in and late check out. Very nice touch. We hope to stay again in the near future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerofFlackleyAsh, Manager at Flackley Ash Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Lawson c,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Im glad you enjoyed your time at the Flackley Ash and the surrounding area.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

London
Reviewed 20 April 2014

If you're going to a clearly independently-run country house hotel, complaining about some of the decor being a bit dated is on the "my phone didnt work at first" scale of inanity.

This is a charming building with charming grounds and first class service. The pool/hot tub area make it have that something extra special.

We haven't even left yet and I felt the need to write a positive review - I could perhaps understood if I had payed £150 for a room but it's quite easy to find rates on other sites for £100. Decor in my room is quaint, and all I cared about was having very comfortable beds with hotel-style clean white duvets.

Breakfast was a lovely combination of a cold buffet (great selection and numerous different types of juice) and cooked to order one. Get the Eggs Benedict - the Hollandaise sauce was DIVINE.

I shall definitely be coming back. There are stunning white horses in a very small field down the road that the owner is happy to have petted and fed, a great independent store that stocks an amazing variety food a few minutes further beyond, and a great country pub with music just a bit beyond that.

The rooms looking over (and some with access to!) the garden are stunning and having this hotel be very dog-friendly is the icing on the cake.

Peasmarsh and especially Rye are little slices of Sussex heaven.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aligurl091
Dear aligurl091,

Thank you for your very kind words, and for taking the time to express your feelings while you were still at the hotel.

I too love the 'Eggs Benedict'!

I do hope to meet you on your next visit.

ashford
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night on the 18th April as an anniversary treat, we booked into a suite. The room was amazing, the pool area was fabulous, the staff were what you would expect from a first class hotel as was the food. Other reviews say the hotel is dated but it works and I couldn't imagine what else you could do to make it better. My only criticism is that the hotel accepted dogs and we probably wouldn't have booked if we'd known but I am glad we didnt know as it didn't affect our stay but I still think the hotel website needs to be more clear on this. We will definitely return but unfortunately cannot afford a suite again so we are hoping the standard rooms are up to the same quality as the suites.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank AshfordMand
Dear AshfordMand,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I will have a look at the website and make it clearer that we do accept dogs, I can assure you that all bedrooms are aired well after we have accommodated a four legged friend.

I do hope to meet you on your next stay with us.

Sussex
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My lovely Partner booked this as a surprise for my birthday along with a full body massage.
Our room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were friendly, cheerful and helpful. The food was first class. The hotel needed some updating but was comfortable and clean and would definitely recommend

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LAH919
Dear HappySussex,

What a wonderful partner you have to surprise you with a weekend away with a treatment.

Thank you for your kind words and your recommendations.

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Visited for a long weekend and took dogs which was great as a big field round back of hotel. Very dog friendly hotel. Hotel generally is a bit dated and needs bringing up to modern times, but most staff are friendly and helpful, although we did come across one who wasn't. The restaurant needs the inspector there to update menus etc as too much wide range and the restaurant is trying to cover everything but not getting it right unfortunately .

Room Tip: If you have dogs ask for a ground floor room with doors opening out to garden
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tedwestie1
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Pretty looking hotel set in lovely grounds with adequate car parking abt 2 miles from Rye & 4 Miles from Camber sands. Take dogs and had a large field for early walks..
Mostly staff very friendly and helpful with exception of one who gave us a half empty latte and said she wd top up with water! on complaining the very helpful receptionist gave us 2 lovely lattee's. Enjoyed stay despite a few problems in restaurant area. I feel menu too extensive and trying to be everything rather than deciding what they are for evening meal, although breakfasts are excellent

Room Tip: If you take dogs , perhaps request a ground floor room with patio doors to garden. we were upstairs...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peasmarsh
The Mermaid Inn
River Haven Hotel
The Gallivant
The Gallivant
#1 of 1 in Camber

Been to Flackley Ash Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!