The Inn at Castle Hill
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Check Inn(Cape Town Central)
Colona Castle(Lakeside)
Steenberg Hotel(Constantia)
  • Breakfast included
Tudor Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Tintswalo Atlantic(Hout Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewsguest housefalse baytrain stationprivate bathroomplace to sleepwalking distancesea viewquiet streetshort stayrestaurants and shopsvery pleasant staylocation is greata great place to stayhome away from homecape townrooms are spaciousguesthouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This little guest house is one of my favorite places I have ever stayed during all of my travels. It is up on a hill in Kalk Bay, near the water and the train station. It has maybe 10 rooms all together, about 100 years old, and very unique. It feels as if I was a guest in someone's house. Cute little hallways, each room different, and large bathrooms. The host there, Madelein, is one of the most friendly people I have ever met. She was very helpful in everything we wanted to do from recommending stuff to do in Cape Town, to doing laundry for us, personally making us breakfast and/or recommending places down the street to eat. One evening she asked if we wanted coffee because we were cold, and I asked if she had hot chocolate and she said no...and I didn't worry about it...10 minutes later she shows up with coffee for my girlfriend and hot chocolate for me, that she had personally gone out and bought and made some! That was absolutely amazing! Every time we came down the stairs/returned for the day, she always asked how our day was or what our plans were for the day. The older guy (forget his name) was also very helpful when we checked in on the first night, but we did not see him much after this first day. It was a bit chilly in the room, but the covers were very warm and beds were very comfortable. The bathrooms were nice and large, but did have ants crawling around in them. They did have raid in the bathrooms, so I am guessing this is a small problem they have been trying to get rid of for awhile. I still give this place 5 stars because of their absolutely AMAZING hospitality. On our check out date, I had failed to book a transfer to the airport since our tour from Marine Dynamics had gotten back so late the night before, so I called the number on the door of the office (no one is in the office overnight) and Madelein had answered and explained to her I needed to check out and get a cab to the airport. I felt so bad I had woken her at 3:30am, but she was as kind at that hour than any hour, and had a cab for us in 15 minutes, and said she would just send the invoice and check out stuff later on in the day when she was in the office. The food at the Chartfield Guesthouse up the road that partners with the Inn at Castle Hill was amazing too. They have an unlimited breakfast deal for a good price where you can order as much breakfast food as you want until you are full as well as juice and smoothies! I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: book early, filly up fast. I believe it was full during our whole time there.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rtraveler2004
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent service and very kind employees. Nice rooms with sea-view. Attractive location, just a short walk to the city-center with nice restaurants, very attractive price/quality ratio. Breakfast to be taken in another hotel, but this recommendation was fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a terrific stay at the Inn. Our room was handsome and clean, management was very helpful and accommodating, and the hotel was a short walk from the waterfront. Including breakfast would be nice, but there's always the Olympia!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The place has really great views of the harbor and the sea. I received very friendly service and helpful recommendations. The estate is beautiful and very conveniently located. Good value for money!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Very nice Guesthouse, the rooms are spacious and clean, Our room had a doorway out onto the balcony (big stoep) with probably one of the best views of Kalkbay and its harbor. The staff were friendly and helpful. Great value for money, would definitely recommend and most definitely visit again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple