“Real Bagels treated right!”
Review of Bob's Bagel Cafe

Bob's Bagel Cafe
Ranked #12 of 28 Restaurants in Kalk Bay
Price range: US$10 - US$100
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Real Bagels treated right!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Nestling on the site of Kalk Bay Park, a lovely little bagel shop. Robin has the bagels made locally and serves them a number of ways, my favourite being the classic smoked salmon. Sit in the park in the sun at little wooden tables and enjoy the views. Great coffee too.

Visited November 2013

• Hebrew first
“Tasty tasty bagel sandwiches”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Went in around lunchtime, had a pretty fresh bagel with salmon, cream cheese and arugula (which they call rockets here). Also a tasty cappuccino. Great when you want something quick to eat -- and definitely try the zesty mazavaroo sauce (which they also sell in jars if you enjoy it as much as I do). They only take cash, but most sandwiches are under 50 rand ($5) each.

• Visited October 2013
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I drive across the peninsula every Sunday”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The best bagel's I've had in South Africa, but when you add to that that the coffee is unbelievable, I cannot miss a Sunday morning. When I'm there, I end up hanging out with the regulars for a chat about the latest gizmo's, have a couple of laughs and an update on surf conditions before I head out. But before I go I order a pack of four bagels and of course a take-away cuppacino.

• Visited August 2013