“Good for the right age group”

Lightwater Valley Theme Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Escape to Lightwater Valley and discover the excitement of a day bursting with thrills, chills and adventure for the whole family, whatever the weather! Mini adventures are for our youngest guests. Rides and activities include the UK's largest Angry Birds Activity Park, the Lightwater Express train ride, Eagle's Creek Farm complete with tractor rides and animals, and the Lightwater Falconry Centre with daily flying shows. (1-5 Years) Mega adventures are suitable for our junior thrill seekers. Rides include the splashtastic Falls of Terror, Wild River Rapids, and swashbuckling pirate fun in Skeleton Cove aboard speedy Skull Rock and the tummy tickling Flying Cutlass. (5-9Years /over 1m in height) Ultimate adventures are for anyone with the nerves to face up to the challenge! Feel the power and the grip of our Eagle's Claw, before climbing aboard Europe's longest roller coaster - The Ultimate and venturing into the world of Raptor Attack's abandoned mineshaft. (9 - Adults and over 1.2M in height) Lightwater Valley Theme Park, Ripon, North Yorkshire is open 01 April - 04 November 2017. Please note:at certain times of the year we are only open on weekend days, please check website for exact opening dates and times.
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Went with 2 nine year old girls. Good value for the 3 of us compared with Alton Towers, Flamingo Land etc. we were here from 10 till around 6 and there was plenty to occupy us all. The rides seemed just perfect for the girls ages and nothing felt too babyish. Twister was a great success and I think we went on at least 3 times. Raptor Attack is flipping scary and really should have a specific warning.
All in all good value, place felt very safe and I'd recommend.

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I went her on wednesday with family, i wasn't looking forqard to it to be honest quewing, rides that i want to go on but too scared ( the rides looked either too big or too small). When i got there it was a whole different story i faced my fears of rides that i didn't think in a million years i would go on like balck widows web or the wirl wind such good rides! Also the quews wernt even big longest i quewed for was aboit 20mins for the raptor attack which was such a good ride. The staff were really friendly too on most rides and really talkative which was nice, the food was really tasty and not too over priced actually which was suprising the only negatives would be i really want to go back and the wasps hovering round me!( but thats not your fault). My fav ride black widows web which i wasnt going to go.on but went on it sevral times such good ride. Best day ever to be honest will hopefully be back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I went here thinking negative about the place thinking theres not many rides that i would go on actually theres not many rides at all theres going to be so many quews! I thought wrong the longest quew i was in was about 20mins and that was for the raptor attack which was a really good ride, i thought the staff were really friendly and talkative which was nice! The best ride foe me was the spiders widows web (i think its called) My opinions are the food was lovely and not too over priced, the quews were loads better than i thought as only quewed for 3 rides all day, the staff were really nice. Maybe there wernt enough rides but for the price it was a really good day out i really enjoyed myself and am going back in a few weeks! Tje only negative was the wasps all day hoveribg round!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Took our 7 year old who's not the most confident with rides and we had a great day. Lots of ride levels to choose from and something for everyone.
The magic show idea in the middle of the afternoon is great, really good show and something a bit different for the kids.
Would highly recommend.

2  Thank Karenevans99
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Thought I would take my daughter and friends to Light Water Valley as I have not been since I was a kid and loved it then. Glad to say was not dissappointed was a great day out for the kids who were between 9 and 11 year old and was something there for everybody. Not loads of big rides but was great for the age group I took. The food was over priced and not a good selection think this needs looking at. But apart from that a great day out will be going back